Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London

Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London

Old Apr 2nd 2014, 5:57 pm
Concierge

SchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond repute
Default re: Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London & Inland

Originally Posted by OttawaBound
Please add me to the spreadsheet

Category: Spousal, CL
Visa Office: London
Application Received: September 25th, 2013
Sponsor Approval: October 9th 2013
Request for kids medicals: 13th November 2013
Kids medical provided: Early January 2014

Hoping to get this all wrapped up in 2014!
Added!! I'd guess another month or two at the most, not long now with any luck!
Old Apr 2nd 2014, 6:23 pm
Just Joined

Stuart_1973 is an unknown quantity at this point

It does seem to have no rhyme or reason to who gets approved. We did use a service to help with our documents (too much going on with very new baby, work, life, etc) and we wanted to make sure we didn't have to resend. It worked for my brother though his was different application and took two years. I know ours has gone through relatively quickly even though we aren't married yet. Our two children both have citizenship and a big support network in Winnipeg helps too( hence us going). This forum has helped so much with advice and peoples experiences shared have kept me sane!! Good luck to all!! We are now in the throws of planning move by the end of July!!arghh!!
Old Apr 2nd 2014, 7:20 pm
Just Joined

RheBot is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by apt2208
I know exactly how you feel! I'm a few days ahead of you and the wait is starting to become unbearable
AGREED!!

Our sponsor approval was August 26th... It is now around day 219 I believe since then. It sure can take it's sweet time for some people.
Old Apr 2nd 2014, 7:46 pm
The ride never ends

orly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by SchnookoLoly
If it were me, I wouldn't be taking any risks with not living together.
A position I am now in. Leaving my job this summer to follow my wife to the US (she's going to be studying there for a PhD).

Once my "2 years" is up I'll return to Ontario and attempt to find work again.
Old Apr 2nd 2014, 7:49 pm
Concierge

SchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by orly
A position I am now in. Leaving my job this summer to follow my wife to the US (she's going to be studying there for a PhD).

OMG... after everything you went through to get PR! That's insane. Are you able to get a work visa to be in the US? Definitely not worth risking the separation within the 2 years, though, would not be worth having PR revoked and then of course you may not be able to get it again! I feel for you dude.
Old Apr 2nd 2014, 9:10 pm
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by orly

Wow, Orly, you certainly have had a lot to deal with and it seems like it is never ending!

Best of luck with the move.. and to echo SchnookoLoly, will you be able to work down there?

Keep us posted!

Old Apr 2nd 2014, 11:20 pm
Forum Regular

canuck81 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by nicolasta
Canuck - I wondered about that as well, especially since I applied two days after you and haven't heard anything (I have also sent 2 case specific mails because my address is wrong on ECAS and no response). I have been with my husband for 14 years (he is Canadian) and married for 7 with two kids and one on way. However, I was born in Zambia (expat parents) and moved back home when I was two. I also lived in USA for 5 years after University, so I am resigned to a long wait!! Oh yeah, and if they are looking to do background checks on extended family my siblings live in Russia and USA In the meantime we fly back and forward every 9 weeks or so - this is turning out to be an expensive year I think there are so many variables at play with each application, and that is without taking into account the different rates at which each case worker may work in the visa office. I find this forum keep me vaguely sane .... thank you all for that.
I hope your PR comes through quickly . I too have 2 children, and I know how hard it is to be separated. At least you can travel every 9 weeks, you are very fortunate, the kids and I have only seen my husband for 3 weeks since August. However, now Dave has his COPR there is at least a light at the end of the tunnel. I wish we all knew more about the process and how applications were dealt with and in what order . I will keep you in my prayers, that you and your family are together again quickly
Old Apr 3rd 2014, 1:10 am
The ride never ends

orly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by SchnookoLoly
OMG... after everything you went through to get PR! That's insane. Are you able to get a work visa to be in the US? Definitely not worth risking the separation within the 2 years, though, would not be worth having PR revoked and then of course you may not be able to get it again! I feel for you dude.
Possibly. Wife gets a J2 visa and then once we go to the US I can apply for some sort of "authorization" to work.

Just another stop on the world tour for me.
Old Apr 3rd 2014, 10:50 am
Forum Regular

nicolasta is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by canuck81
I hope your PR comes through quickly . I too have 2 children, and I know how hard it is to be separated. At least you can travel every 9 weeks, you are very fortunate, the kids and I have only seen my husband for 3 weeks since August. However, now Dave has his COPR there is at least a light at the end of the tunnel. I wish we all knew more about the process and how applications were dealt with and in what order . I will keep you in my prayers, that you and your family are together again quickly
Thank you so much, yes we are very fortunate with travel every 9 weeks

In fact the kids worked out this morning that they will be seeing their Dad in "17 sleeps" - he is home for Easter

On good note I did get a response from London to my second request to change my address details. Their response was that they have updated my file, but it may not show in ECAS (different databases?). Either way, at least I know when they do actually get to my file that communications will go to the right address
Old Apr 3rd 2014, 9:14 pm
Just Joined

Ginganinja has a reputation beyond reputeGinganinja has a reputation beyond reputeGinganinja has a reputation beyond reputeGinganinja has a reputation beyond reputeGinganinja has a reputation beyond reputeGinganinja has a reputation beyond reputeGinganinja has a reputation beyond reputeGinganinja has a reputation beyond reputeGinganinja has a reputation beyond reputeGinganinja has a reputation beyond reputeGinganinja has a reputation beyond repute

My application seems to have gone awol in missisagua..feel like its falling at the first hurdle. I have proof it was received and signed for there on the 20th of feb and even have the name of who signed for it so its not lost in the post. I should have known the outcome of stage 1 by march 19th according to their site. I called cic 3 times now and they dont even have me or anything about my application on file. Sent a case specific inquiry and they sent me a generic email back saying they had too many applications to inform me if they received mine or not, but it should have been processed ages ago, i know it was received. Any ideas where I can go from here? I have a feeling they lost it...
Old Apr 3rd 2014, 9:17 pm
Concierge

Originally Posted by Ginganinja
My application seems to have gone awol in missisagua..feel like its falling at the first hurdle. I have proof it was received and signed for there on the 20th of feb and even have the name of who signed for it so its not lost in the post. I should have known the outcome of stage 1 by march 19th according to their site. I called cic 3 times now and they dont even have me or anything about my application on file. Sent a case specific inquiry and they sent me a generic email back saying they had too many applications to inform me if they received mine or not, but it should have been processed ages ago, i know it was received. Any ideas where I can go from here? I have a feeling they lost it...
That is a bit strange. I would say to keep calling... I know it's not overly helpful, but you know that it arrived there and you haven't heard anything, so all you can do right now is to keep chasing them. Frustrating but I don't have any better advice!!
Old Apr 3rd 2014, 9:28 pm
Just Joined

Ginganinja has a reputation beyond reputeGinganinja has a reputation beyond reputeGinganinja has a reputation beyond reputeGinganinja has a reputation beyond reputeGinganinja has a reputation beyond reputeGinganinja has a reputation beyond reputeGinganinja has a reputation beyond reputeGinganinja has a reputation beyond reputeGinganinja has a reputation beyond reputeGinganinja has a reputation beyond reputeGinganinja has a reputation beyond repute

I called again to see if giving them my postal tracking number would help anything along and got through to another agent who told me that even though on their site it states they are processing applications received as of march 5th, they havent even got round to processing applications received feb 20th and that mine is likely sitting on a waiting pile. seems unfair for them to falsely continue to update their processing progress.
Old Apr 4th 2014, 1:22 pm
Concierge

Originally Posted by Ginganinja
I called again to see if giving them my postal tracking number would help anything along and got through to another agent who told me that even though on their site it states they are processing applications received as of march 5th, they havent even got round to processing applications received feb 20th and that mine is likely sitting on a waiting pile. seems unfair for them to falsely continue to update their processing progress.
I have a feeling that's a cop-out.

When I was applying, at the time the processing time was around 3 months for sponsor approval (so, ya know, could be worse!). My application was received 25 January, and the website said they were processing applications from 20 January, but processing time was 70 days or something, and at the time I think I was at 85 days. They said that the "number of days" part is BS, and to go by the date the application was received.

The date then changed to 7 February or something, so someone else from the forum called to ask, and they said it turned out they missed a week of applications, and the website was wrong. The website did then change to 21 January or something a few days later.

That said, on the spreadsheet, none of the post-Feb20 applicants have been processed, so she may not be talking complete bollocks.

And speaking of, you don't seem to be on the spreadsheet! Want to be added?
Old Apr 4th 2014, 1:56 pm
Forum Regular

sean75 has a reputation beyond reputesean75 has a reputation beyond reputesean75 has a reputation beyond reputesean75 has a reputation beyond reputesean75 has a reputation beyond reputesean75 has a reputation beyond reputesean75 has a reputation beyond reputesean75 has a reputation beyond reputesean75 has a reputation beyond reputesean75 has a reputation beyond reputesean75 has a reputation beyond repute

Quick update on my landing experience last week.

I arrived into Pearson T3 at 4pm. First met with the border guards on the skyway from the plane. I told them I was landing, and I was asked if I had all the paperwork with me. I said yes and was waved through.

It was nice to see only a few people in the lineup at immigration. At the desk I said I was landing, and was told to go to the immigration office behind the immigration desks, after the officer completed the customs form.

Again, there was only one person in the lineup. I gave the officer my paperwork, and was asked a few questions: have I ever been convicted of a crime, ever been refused entry to Canada etc. Then after about 10 minutes the process was complete, and I was told to pick up my welcome to Canada pack on the way out, but before that I should go to the Service Canada desk at the other end of the office to get my SIN sorted out. (This was great because I thought this might have been available only in T1.)

There was nobody waiting at SC, so I was processed straight away. Another 10 minutes of form filling and I had my SIN. I picked up my welcome to Canada pack and went to pick up my bags.

As I had goods to follow, before I exited the customs hall I was directed to the customs desks, where the customs officer went through my paperwork. I had printed out two copies of my goods accompanying/to follow, subtotalled each page, and grand totalled the whole amount. The officer gave a cursory look over the list of goods, but spent most of his time entering the values into the computer. He didn't question any of the entries. This took about 15 minutes.

And that was it. I was on my way in about a hour after the plane touched down. All the prep (having the correct paperwork readily to hand etc.) paid off.

Last edited by sean75; Apr 4th 2014 at 1:58 pm.
Old Apr 4th 2014, 2:04 pm
Concierge

Originally Posted by sean75
Quick update on my landing experience last week.

I arrived into Pearson T3 at 4pm. First met with the border guards on the skyway from the plane. I told them I was landing, and I was asked if I had all the paperwork with me. I said yes and was waved through.

It was nice to see only a few people in the lineup at immigration. At the desk I said I was landing, and was told to go to the immigration office behind the immigration desks, after the officer completed the customs form.

Again, there was only one person in the lineup. I gave the officer my paperwork, and was asked a few questions: have I ever been convicted of a crime, ever been refused entry to Canada etc. Then after about 10 minutes the process was complete, and I was told to pick up my welcome to Canada pack on the way out, but before that I should go to the Service Canada desk at the other end of the office to get my SIN sorted out. (This was great because I thought this might have been available only in T1.)

There was nobody waiting at SC, so I was processed straight away. Another 10 minutes of form filling and I had my SIN. I picked up my welcome to Canada pack and went to pick up my bags.

As I had goods to follow, before I exited the customs hall I was directed to the customs desks, where the customs officer went through my paperwork. I had printed out two copies of my goods accompanying/to follow, subtotalled each page, and grand totalled the whole amount. The officer gave a cursory look over the list of goods, but spent most of his time entering the values into the computer. He didn't question any of the entries. This took about 15 minutes.

And that was it. I was on my way in about a hour after the plane touched down. All the prep (having the correct paperwork readily to hand etc.) paid off.
Glad it all went smoothly! Certainly helps to have everything filled in properly. I'm glad you had a hassle-free process - it really isn't a problem if you are well-prepared and patient.

Good luck for your next steps in Canada, wishing you all the best!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.