Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London

Wikiposts

Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London

Old Oct 6th 2014, 8:33 am
Forum Regular

kyoto23 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default re: Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London & Inland

Hi all,

My husband just received his application to sponsor e-mail. It was received August 16th and they requested an additional sheet of information that went missing. It didn't slow up the process as much as I had imagined.

I have one query about the wording on the sponsor approval letter. It states..

"Residence for your relative(s) has been retained for further processing at CPC Mississauga....
If at any time during processing, it is determined that local knowledge is required, the file may be forwarded to the relevant visa office for processing and final decision."

Is this normal? I thought after stage 1 approval it would state that my file would go on to London for processing.
Old Oct 6th 2014, 8:38 am
Concierge

SchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by kyoto23
Hi all,

My husband just received his application to sponsor e-mail. It was received August 16th and they requested an additional sheet of information that went missing. It didn't slow up the process as much as I had imagined.

I have one query about the wording on the sponsor approval letter. It states..

"Residence for your relative(s) has been retained for further processing at CPC Mississauga....
If at any time during processing, it is determined that local knowledge is required, the file may be forwarded to the relevant visa office for processing and final decision."

Is this normal? I thought after stage 1 approval it would state that my file would go on to London for processing.
If you've been following this thread in the past few days, or if you've read the big red box on the cover sheet of the spreadsheet, this will make sense. Short version, London UK is picking up backlog from Islamabad, Pakistan applications, as a result a lot of countries' applications who normally apply via London (UK, Denmark, Ireland, etc) are being processed in Mississauga or Ottawa instead.

So yours is being processed in Mississauga, instead of being sent to London. That is why the spreadsheet has a new column, Column E "Processing Office", so that we can keep track of how timelines differ across the various offices. I've just added a new stats box on the 2014 tab an hour ago to help track this.

In the meantime, you're updated.
Old Oct 6th 2014, 9:08 am
Just Joined

Badger. is an unknown quantity at this point

You need to change this: London (from Islabamad)
Old Oct 6th 2014, 9:08 am
Forum Regular

rd1981 is an unknown quantity at this point

OMG!!! Just returned home and found my COPR waiting for me! I'm in shock that the process has gone through so quick 4.5 months in total. I'm planning on popping to the UK to see my family (OH works for an airline) to land coming back. Amazing and a big shout out to Schnookololy and others that have given me advice along the way. To those that are still waiting, have faith that yours will come soon enough. We also found a great place to rent today and have a bottle of bubbly to open that we have been meaning to open since our flat sale in the UK went through but we've been stressing out about living accommodation and my COPR. It's about time that bottle was now opened!
Old Oct 6th 2014, 9:12 am
Concierge

SchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Badger.
You need to change this: London (from Islabamad)
Wow, brutal typo. Fixed! Thanks!

Originally Posted by rd1981
OMG!!! Just returned home and found my COPR waiting for me! I'm in shock that the process has gone through so quick 4.5 months in total. I'm planning on popping to the UK to see my family (OH works for an airline) to land coming back. Amazing and a big shout out to Schnookololy and others that have given me advice along the way. To those that are still waiting, have faith that yours will come soon enough. We also found a great place to rent today and have a bottle of bubbly to open that we have been meaning to open since our flat sale in the UK went through but we've been stressing out about living accommodation and my COPR. It's about time that bottle was now opened!
Awesome, that's great! BTW, which office processed your location? It would have been on your sponsor approval email/letter... I'm missing that column for you! Enjoy the bubbly, congrats!
Old Oct 6th 2014, 10:03 am
Forum Regular

kyoto23 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by SchnookoLoly
If you've been following this thread in the past few days, or if you've read the big red box on the cover sheet of the spreadsheet, this will make sense. Short version, London UK is picking up backlog from Islamabad, Pakistan applications, as a result a lot of countries' applications who normally apply via London (UK, Denmark, Ireland, etc) are being processed in Mississauga or Ottawa instead.

So yours is being processed in Mississauga, instead of being sent to London. That is why the spreadsheet has a new column, Column E "Processing Office", so that we can keep track of how timelines differ across the various offices. I've just added a new stats box on the 2014 tab an hour ago to help track this.

In the meantime, you're updated.
Apologies, I've not been keeping up. Will need to do my reading. Thank you for explaining!
Old Oct 6th 2014, 10:07 am
Forum Regular

rd1981 is an unknown quantity at this point

Awesome, that's great! BTW, which office processed your location? It would have been on your sponsor approval email/letter... I'm missing that column for you! Enjoy the bubbly, congrats!
That bubbly has gone to my head a little! haha! I was processed in London for your spreadsheet.
Old Oct 6th 2014, 1:39 pm
Forum Regular

pdlodge is an unknown quantity at this point

Has anyone had any luck getting their pr at edmonton or calgary CIC office? Last I heard there was an 8 week wait for appointments. I'd much rather do that than deal with a 5 hour drive to sweetgrass and all the hassle of crossing the border.

It did occur to me that I could do it at an airport, I mean, they have all the staff and infrastructure. But I bet the government in all it's wisdom wouldn't let me just walk up to immigration: I'm sure id have to leave the country and return
Old Oct 6th 2014, 3:31 pm
Forum Regular

ghunter has much to be proud ofghunter has much to be proud ofghunter has much to be proud ofghunter has much to be proud ofghunter has much to be proud ofghunter has much to be proud ofghunter has much to be proud ofghunter has much to be proud ofghunter has much to be proud ofghunter has much to be proud ofghunter has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by pdlodge
Has anyone had any luck getting their pr at edmonton or calgary CIC office? Last I heard there was an 8 week wait for appointments. I'd much rather do that than deal with a 5 hour drive to sweetgrass and all the hassle of crossing the border.

It did occur to me that I could do it at an airport, I mean, they have all the staff and infrastructure. But I bet the government in all it's wisdom wouldn't let me just walk up to immigration: I'm sure id have to leave the country and return
My partner landed at the CIC Calgary office back in January. It was a pretty simple process, if you are willing to wait- we waited about 7 weeks after originally calling the call centre to make the appointment. They then send you a letter with the actual date and time. We actually tried at the border a few times (long story) before, but after a number of issues it seemed like something to be done with a CIC, not CBSA officer. It was efficient and simple to do, and nice to not have a 3+ hour drive right after! Definitely recommended if you don't live close to the border and aren't in a rush.
Old Oct 7th 2014, 12:37 am
Concierge

Originally Posted by rd1981
That bubbly has gone to my head a little! haha! I was processed in London for your spreadsheet.
Awesome, thanks! Glad you had a good celebration!

Originally Posted by pdlodge

Originally Posted by ghunter
My partner landed at the CIC Calgary office back in January. It was a pretty simple process, if you are willing to wait- we waited about 7 weeks after originally calling the call centre to make the appointment. They then send you a letter with the actual date and time. We actually tried at the border a few times (long story) before, but after a number of issues it seemed like something to be done with a CIC, not CBSA officer. It was efficient and simple to do, and nice to not have a 3+ hour drive right after! Definitely recommended if you don't live close to the border and aren't in a rush.
+1 to what ghunter said. You can certainly land at the office, if you have enough time on your COPR to wait for an appointment. If your COPR expires within 8 weeks then you're probably better off going to the border. But if you have a few months, then call now and make the appointment and you can do it there. You can't just walk into an airport to do it - you have to actually leave Canada and then re-enter. So give them a call and you should be good to go!
Old Oct 7th 2014, 1:54 am
Forum Regular

Ashpo has a reputation beyond reputeAshpo has a reputation beyond reputeAshpo has a reputation beyond reputeAshpo has a reputation beyond reputeAshpo has a reputation beyond reputeAshpo has a reputation beyond reputeAshpo has a reputation beyond reputeAshpo has a reputation beyond reputeAshpo has a reputation beyond reputeAshpo has a reputation beyond reputeAshpo has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Badger.
Here is the response from CIC, regarding the documents they've been requesting for some people now (maybe all), a little after receiving Decision Made:

So, if you receive a request for two recent photographs, an updated information sheet, and passport photocopies, you send it all to Ottawa, if the above is true.
Interesting! The letter is certainly not the clearest. I've just replied to the email to see if I get the same answer before we send everything away.
Old Oct 7th 2014, 8:14 am
Forum Regular

Bemsee has a reputation beyond reputeBemsee has a reputation beyond reputeBemsee has a reputation beyond reputeBemsee has a reputation beyond reputeBemsee has a reputation beyond reputeBemsee has a reputation beyond reputeBemsee has a reputation beyond reputeBemsee has a reputation beyond reputeBemsee has a reputation beyond reputeBemsee has a reputation beyond reputeBemsee has a reputation beyond repute

Hi SchnookoLoly, just a quickie

Does everyone on your spreadsheet keep you updated or are there a few who are inactive? Just wondering

Thanks
Old Oct 7th 2014, 8:25 am
Concierge

Originally Posted by Bemsee
Hi SchnookoLoly, just a quickie

Does everyone on your spreadsheet keep you updated or are there a few who are inactive? Just wondering

Thanks
Most people keep us updated either here or on the equivalent thread at CanadaVisa. There are 3 of us that maintain the spreadsheet, me, ghunter, and Becki567. Most updates are posted here, a handful are received on PM.

Occasionally we do PM people who we would have expected to hear from by now, and if we don't hear back within two weeks we move them to the bottom section. If you scroll all the way down ot hte bottom of the sheet you'll see a part called "Inactive Members".

So we do try to keep the inactive separate from those who are legitimately still waiting.

Hope that helps.
Old Oct 7th 2014, 11:14 am
Forum Regular

Bemsee has a reputation beyond reputeBemsee has a reputation beyond reputeBemsee has a reputation beyond reputeBemsee has a reputation beyond reputeBemsee has a reputation beyond reputeBemsee has a reputation beyond reputeBemsee has a reputation beyond reputeBemsee has a reputation beyond reputeBemsee has a reputation beyond reputeBemsee has a reputation beyond reputeBemsee has a reputation beyond repute

Most people keep us updated either here or on the equivalent thread at CanadaVisa. There are 3 of us that maintain the spreadsheet, me, ghunter, and Becki567. Most updates are posted here, a handful are received on PM.

Occasionally we do PM people who we would have expected to hear from by now, and if we don't hear back within two weeks we move them to the bottom section. If you scroll all the way down ot hte bottom of the sheet you'll see a part called "Inactive Members".

So we do try to keep the inactive separate from those who are legitimately still waiting.

Hope that helps.

Thank you, was just curious.
Old Oct 8th 2014, 12:55 am
Forum Regular

evelyned has a reputation beyond reputeevelyned has a reputation beyond reputeevelyned has a reputation beyond reputeevelyned has a reputation beyond reputeevelyned has a reputation beyond reputeevelyned has a reputation beyond reputeevelyned has a reputation beyond reputeevelyned has a reputation beyond reputeevelyned has a reputation beyond reputeevelyned has a reputation beyond reputeevelyned has a reputation beyond repute

Husband landed last Sunday with his CORP, apart from the 4 hour wait all went smoothly.

Thanks to everyone who has helped us along the way!

Me and someone else from the forum are meeting up soon in Montreal so if there are any more of you out here, PM me

All the best and good luck to everyone
x

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.