Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London

Wikiposts

Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London

Old Oct 8th 2014, 1:26 am
Concierge

SchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond repute
Default re: Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London & Inland

Originally Posted by evelyned
Husband landed last Sunday with his CORP, apart from the 4 hour wait all went smoothly.

Thanks to everyone who has helped us along the way!

Me and someone else from the forum are meeting up soon in Montreal so if there are any more of you out here, PM me

All the best and good luck to everyone
x
You might want to start a thread in The Maple Leaf... the only people who read this thread, other than the few of us who follow it for spreadsheet and advice, are people who are just waiting - it's a pretty 'transient' thread, so to speak. So if you want to get together with some Brits, go post a thread in The Maple Leaf. Just title it "Montreal Meetup - [date]" or give it something snappier or whatever... but you'll far more likely to find people willing to get together in there than in here!

Glad your landing went well, good luck with everything else and welcome, eh!
Old Oct 8th 2014, 6:49 am
Just Joined

Simon86 is an unknown quantity at this point

I'm so excited, received my COPR! Please add me to the spreadsheet, details as follows:

Application received in Missisauga: May 21, 2014
Application type: Married
Sponsor approval: July 21, 2014
Processing office: London
Decision Made: August 27, 2014
Date COPR received in post: October 7, 2014
Old Oct 8th 2014, 7:00 am
Concierge

SchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Simon86
I'm so excited, received my COPR! Please add me to the spreadsheet, details as follows:

Excellent, thanks for the data! Glad you got your COPR, happy landing!
Old Oct 8th 2014, 7:14 am
BE addict

Princesstigger has a reputation beyond reputePrincesstigger has a reputation beyond reputePrincesstigger has a reputation beyond reputePrincesstigger has a reputation beyond reputePrincesstigger has a reputation beyond reputePrincesstigger has a reputation beyond reputePrincesstigger has a reputation beyond reputePrincesstigger has a reputation beyond reputePrincesstigger has a reputation beyond reputePrincesstigger has a reputation beyond reputePrincesstigger has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Simon86

Congrats!!!!
Old Oct 8th 2014, 9:07 am
Forum Regular

Ashpo has a reputation beyond reputeAshpo has a reputation beyond reputeAshpo has a reputation beyond reputeAshpo has a reputation beyond reputeAshpo has a reputation beyond reputeAshpo has a reputation beyond reputeAshpo has a reputation beyond reputeAshpo has a reputation beyond reputeAshpo has a reputation beyond reputeAshpo has a reputation beyond reputeAshpo has a reputation beyond repute

I received an answer to my email clarifying where the extra documents to issue COPR need to be sent this morning. Same as Badger, CIC said that we could send them all (passport photocopy, 2 recent photos, and updated information form) to Ottawa.

Interestingly, they also ask for 2 prepaid Xpresspost envelopes to be enclosed with the documents. So, we had to purchase 3 envelopes, one to hold everything, and two enclosed, for a grand total of $57. Ouch.
We're guessing this is because they send COPR in one envelope, and later, the PR card in the other? Anyone else have any ideas?

Yay! Last step!
Old Oct 8th 2014, 1:05 pm
Forum Regular

anindividual has a brilliant futureanindividual has a brilliant futureanindividual has a brilliant futureanindividual has a brilliant futureanindividual has a brilliant futureanindividual has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by SchnookoLoly
Excellent, thanks for the data! Glad you got your COPR, happy landing!
it appears that applications are not picked up for processing in London based on date it is received there. The spreadsheet indicates application approved in Feb are still awaiting processing. Do anyone has idea how the process works?
Old Oct 8th 2014, 1:11 pm
Concierge

Originally Posted by anindividual
it appears that applications are not picked up for processing in London based on date it is received there. The spreadsheet indicates application approved in Feb are still awaiting processing. Do anyone has idea how the process works?
The process starts broadly in order of receipt, but there are a LOT of factors that play in. Security, completeness of application, red flags, travel history, address history, and so on. Sometimes police checks and rcmp checks take ages, sometimes they're faster. There's no telling how any one application will go.
Old Oct 9th 2014, 12:18 am
Forum Regular

anindividual has a brilliant futureanindividual has a brilliant futureanindividual has a brilliant futureanindividual has a brilliant futureanindividual has a brilliant futureanindividual has a brilliant future

Thanks for sharing this information. However, I thought all the issues mentioned will factor in the approval process rather than start of the process. There must be some other factors which we don't know why some applications are processed ahead of the others.
Old Oct 9th 2014, 12:24 am
Concierge

Originally Posted by anindividual
Thanks for sharing this information. However, I thought all the issues mentioned will factor in the approval process rather than start of the process. There must be some other factors which we don't know why some applications are processed ahead of the others.
What are you basing "In Progress" on, though? For tons of people, ECAS never even changes to "In Progress"... plus they often start things like security checks etc before they even actually start "processing" your application since that stuff can take ages. The actual "In Process" you see on ECAS, when it is accompanied by the line "We started processing your application on x date" is usually when your file was picked up by an officer and examined more closely. But as I said, not all applications change to In Process on ECAS, sometimes if an officer then has things like flags etc then it takes longer, but often security etc will have been started awhile back and an officer may not bother looking at the rest of your application until security comes back, or possibly until medicals come back, or whatever.
Old Oct 9th 2014, 1:15 am
Forum Regular

my understanding of the process is that security checks are started only once the applicant is admissible otherwise. The processing is shrouded in multilayers uncertainties.
Old Oct 9th 2014, 2:25 am
Weegie in Calgary

cbrown89 has a reputation beyond reputecbrown89 has a reputation beyond reputecbrown89 has a reputation beyond reputecbrown89 has a reputation beyond reputecbrown89 has a reputation beyond reputecbrown89 has a reputation beyond reputecbrown89 has a reputation beyond reputecbrown89 has a reputation beyond reputecbrown89 has a reputation beyond reputecbrown89 has a reputation beyond reputecbrown89 has a reputation beyond repute

Sending my application off today, does the address below apply to family class applicants through common law applying via the outland process? My girlfreind and I live in Canada but have chosen the "If your spouse, partner or dependent child lives outside Canada, use the Application to Sponsor a Member of the Family Class." application package to be sent to London (I know it has to go to Mississauga first).

Also, I notice there is an option for courier address? Does this mean all options sent through a courier go to that one?

Spouse and Common-law Partner (currently living in Canada):
CPC-Mississauga
P.O. Box 5040, Station B
Mississauga, ON
L5A 3A4

Last one, I paid for the application online instead of my sponsor and the receipt has a "Client ID" box, is this were my UCI number goes?

Thanks very much for all your help so far!
Old Oct 9th 2014, 2:37 am
Concierge

Originally Posted by cbrown89
Sending my application off today, does the address below apply to family class applicants through common law applying via the outland process? My girlfreind and I live in Canada but have chosen the "If your spouse, partner or dependent child lives outside Canada, use the Application to Sponsor a Member of the Family Class." application package to be sent to London (I know it has to go to Mississauga first).

Also, I notice there is an option for courier address? Does this mean all options sent through a courier go to that one?

Spouse and Common-law Partner (currently living in Canada):
CPC-Mississauga
P.O. Box 5040, Station B
Mississauga, ON
L5A 3A4
The address you use is in the the guide for Part 1, right here: Guide 3900 - Sponsorship of a spouse, common-law partner, conjugal partner or dependent child living outside Canada

If you are sending by normal mail, use that address. If you are sending by a courier (which is highly, highly recommended) then use the courier address.

Last one, I paid for the application online instead of my sponsor and the receipt has a "Client ID" box, is this were my UCI number goes?

Thanks very much for all your help so far!
If you have a Client ID, then yes, you can write it there, otherwise leave it blank.

Let me know when your application arrives in Mississauga, as that's the date that I'll put on the spreadsheet.
Old Oct 9th 2014, 3:13 am
Forum Regular

Bemsee has a reputation beyond reputeBemsee has a reputation beyond reputeBemsee has a reputation beyond reputeBemsee has a reputation beyond reputeBemsee has a reputation beyond reputeBemsee has a reputation beyond reputeBemsee has a reputation beyond reputeBemsee has a reputation beyond reputeBemsee has a reputation beyond reputeBemsee has a reputation beyond reputeBemsee has a reputation beyond repute

Hi

Do we know if the backlog in London is clearing yet ?
Old Oct 9th 2014, 3:14 am
Concierge

Originally Posted by Bemsee
Hi

Do we know if the backlog in London is clearing yet ?
Look at the spreadsheet and at the published processing times.
Old Oct 9th 2014, 4:01 am
Forum Regular

Fruit Juice is an unknown quantity at this point

Looks like London is picking up some speed

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.