Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London

Wikiposts

Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London

Old Oct 6th 2014, 5:13 am
Just Joined

deanp89 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default re: Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London & Inland

Hey, just a quick update. I have been in Canada since the 12th September now under dual intent. I got bored of checking the ecas but it turns out on the 30th September it actually changed to in process. Does anyone know how long it takes after it goes into in process that a decision would be made? I am flying back to the UK on the 22nd October for a wedding. I just want to know as to wether or not to look into booking a one way to come back to canada after the wedding or another return flight! after months of waiting and panicking we actually got some good news!

I would like to thank everyone at British Expats, you have all been so helpful and re-assuring. I wouldnt have been able to get through it without the information from you guys. If i could buy you a drink to say Thanks i really would!
Old Oct 6th 2014, 5:22 am
Concierge

SchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by deanp89
Hey, just a quick update. I have been in Canada since the 12th September now under dual intent. I got bored of checking the ecas but it turns out on the 30th September it actually changed to in process. Does anyone know how long it takes after it goes into in process that a decision would be made? I am flying back to the UK on the 22nd October for a wedding. I just want to know as to wether or not to look into booking a one way to come back to canada after the wedding or another return flight! after months of waiting and panicking we actually got some good news!

I would like to thank everyone at British Expats, you have all been so helpful and re-assuring. I wouldnt have been able to get through it without the information from you guys. If i could buy you a drink to say Thanks i really would!
You can have a look at the spreadsheet, the source of all knowledge, to see how long between "In Process" to "Decision Made", for apps that have a date for In Process (not all do). Some are as fast as a few days, others are a few months.

Do NOT book a one-way flight back until you have your COPR in hand. Even if your ECAS goes to Decision Made in a few days, it can take up to 6 weeks for COPR to arrive, and an airline won't let you board a one-way flight to Canada without that COPR in hand.

My suggestion would be to book a return, but book a flexible ticket, or just pay to change a flight date later, then once you know for sure you can fly in on a one-way ticket without being denied boarding (that is, you have COPR or PR in hand), then do that.

Glad that you found the boards useful. There are meetups scheduled in the big cities semi-regularly, not sure where you're located but if you keep an eye on the Maple Leaf forum, you should see meetup threads popping in and out. Or you can organise one yourself!

Keep us updated on your progress!
Old Oct 6th 2014, 5:30 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by SchnookoLoly
You can have a look at the spreadsheet, the source of all knowledge, to see how long between "In Process" to "Decision Made", for apps that have a date for In Process (not all do). Some are as fast as a few days, others are a few months.

Do NOT book a one-way flight back until you have your COPR in hand. Even if your ECAS goes to Decision Made in a few days, it can take up to 6 weeks for COPR to arrive, and an airline won't let you board a one-way flight to Canada without that COPR in hand.

My suggestion would be to book a return, but book a flexible ticket, or just pay to change a flight date later, then once you know for sure you can fly in on a one-way ticket without being denied boarding (that is, you have COPR or PR in hand), then do that.

Glad that you found the boards useful. There are meetups scheduled in the big cities semi-regularly, not sure where you're located but if you keep an eye on the Maple Leaf forum, you should see meetup threads popping in and out. Or you can organise one yourself!

Keep us updated on your progress!
How exactly does the COPR turn up? Is it via post or email? I'll look into that then. Thank you once again!

I'm located in Woodstock, Ontario. Between London and Kitchener
Old Oct 6th 2014, 5:38 am
Just Joined

TeamCanada is an unknown quantity at this point

The next step is COPR in the post, which is a signed-for document, so youl'l have to watch out for that. It MUST be signed for, so it will certainly be a paper letter.

I don't see you on the spreadsheet, if you want to be added, then let me know:
-Date application received in Mississauga - January 30th 2014
-Whether you applied as Married or Common-Law Married
-Date of sponsor approval - March 13 2014
-Which office is processing Phase 2 of your application (will say on your sponsor approval letter/email) Canada House, London, UK (I think, don't have the letter to hand so making assumption here)
-Date(s) of any other requests you've had - request for notarised parental approval on April 29th 2014 by email from London, UK. We sent this back to them recorded delivery, it was received May 19th 2014. The email said to allow 4 months for incoming mail to be read.
-Whether or not the principal applicant is non-visa exempt - non-visa
-Current location of the principal applicant- closest major city is fine if you don't want to be too specific! Burlington, Ontario

eCas was updated to we started processing application on September 5th 2014 and then "decision made" as of October 2nd. So, now we wait. we will hear soon.

Edit: it is definitely London, UK that is our processing office.

Last edited by TeamCanada; Oct 6th 2014 at 5:44 am. Reason: confirming processing office
Old Oct 6th 2014, 5:38 am
Concierge

SchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond repute

COPR is a signed-for delivery, so it will be by post. BTW, did you update your address with CIC when you moved?
Old Oct 6th 2014, 5:44 am
Concierge

Originally Posted by TeamCanada
eCas was updated to we started processing application on September 5th 2014 and then "decision made" as of October 2nd. So, now we wait. we will hear soon.
Your answer fort he non-visa I wasn't clear - is the PA non-visa exempt? (e.g., are they from a country that requires a visa to visit Canada, or are they part of the visa waiver program for Canada, like UK, USA, etc).

Otherwise your line is all in! Be sure to let us know when COPR arrives!
Old Oct 6th 2014, 5:46 am
Just Joined

TeamCanada is an unknown quantity at this point

Your answer fort he non-visa I wasn't clear - is the PA non-visa exempt? (e.g., are they from a country that requires a visa to visit Canada, or are they part of the visa waiver program for Canada, like UK, USA, etc).

Otherwise your line is all in! Be sure to let us know when COPR arrives!
Visa waiver program (UK)
Old Oct 6th 2014, 6:02 am
Concierge

Cool thanks.
Old Oct 6th 2014, 6:33 am
Just Joined

Badger. is an unknown quantity at this point

Here is the response from CIC, regarding the documents they've been requesting for some people now (maybe all), a little after receiving Decision Made:

Dear Sir/Madam,

This is in response to your email below,

You may send all the required items to Ottawa if you are residing in Canada for a t least three months.

Thank You
So, if you receive a request for two recent photographs, an updated information sheet, and passport photocopies, you send it all to Ottawa, if the above is true.
Old Oct 6th 2014, 6:38 am
Just Joined

We have done but nothing has changed address wise on ecas. our housemates back home are looking out for any post too. I have just tried emailing them again to change the address, hopefully if i bug them enough itll change
Old Oct 6th 2014, 6:43 am
Concierge

Originally Posted by deanp89
We have done but nothing has changed address wise on ecas. our housemates back home are looking out for any post too. I have just tried emailing them again to change the address, hopefully if i bug them enough itll change
Keep on them about the address change, good you have others watching your post at home too though!

Badger - thanks for posting! That's really useful!
Old Oct 6th 2014, 7:15 am
Just Joined

Chrisincanada is an unknown quantity at this point

In process from Oct 2nd!! Fingers crossed!
Old Oct 6th 2014, 7:19 am
Concierge

Originally Posted by Chrisincanada
In process from Oct 2nd!! Fingers crossed!
Awesome.

Which office is processing your application? It will be on your sponsor approval letter. Cheers!
Old Oct 6th 2014, 7:22 am
Just Joined

Chrisincanada is an unknown quantity at this point

London
Old Oct 6th 2014, 8:14 am
Concierge

Awesome.

To all looking at the spreadsheet...

I've added a stats box on the 2014 sheet, under the details, that has stats split by office. If we are missing your office, please let us know so we can fill it in! It will be interesting to see how processing times vary across the different offices.

Thanks!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.