Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London

Wikiposts

Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London

Old Nov 5th 2011, 7:47 am
Just Joined

Fidget is an unknown quantity at this point
Default re: Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London & Inland

Originally Posted by earthless
Hi Everyone!

I'm probably going to be the billionth person to ask this question on the forum but I was wondering if there's anyone out there in the same situation as me;

My husband and I (I should note that when we applied, we were common-law partners, and since applying have gotten married) have been living together in England for 2 years now and applied for our sponsorship (me being the sponsor as I was born and raised in Canada) sometime early July 2011. Our Application was received on July 20th and I was approved as his sponsor on September 26th. After checking the CIC website every once in awhile to see if our application status had changed, I noticed today that it says "medical results have been received". Since I've been looking around online and in these forums, I've noticed that people who have their medical results received usually get approved (or denied) quite quickly after. I was wondering if anyone has been/is still in the same situation as us? How long after receiving the medical results does it usually take to be approved??

Any responses would be greatly appreciated!! I'm itching to get my feet back on Canadian soil!
Hi there we are in the same position as you. Sent forms on July 15th, and sponsorship approved 20th sep! Hopefully hear something this week!!
Old Nov 5th 2011, 9:16 pm
Just Joined

earthless is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Fidget
Hi there we are in the same position as you. Sent forms on July 15th, and sponsorship approved 20th sep! Hopefully hear something this week!!
Ahhh! Good luck to you guys! Lets all cross our fingers it goes by super fast.... I really want to get home
Old Nov 6th 2011, 1:05 am
BE Enthusiast

123me is an unknown quantity at this point

I sent our application package off November 2nd. With Christmas holidays next month, I imagine that we won't hear anything till January. At least I can see my computer desk again with all the paperwork sent off!
Old Nov 6th 2011, 6:40 am
Forum Regular

shudda is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Everyone

So, I have finally finished putting together the application. EIIK!! I'm so nervous - it's crazy!

Any last minute advice/reminders/cautionary thoughts before I post tomorrow?

Thank you all for your help these past months - there is no way I could have gotten through this gruelling, stressful and time-consuming process without all your help! xx
Old Nov 6th 2011, 6:47 am
Forum Regular

Aperture is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by shudda
Hi Everyone

So, I have finally finished putting together the application. EIIK!! I'm so nervous - it's crazy!

Any last minute advice/reminders/cautionary thoughts before I post tomorrow?

Thank you all for your help these past months - there is no way I could have gotten through this gruelling, stressful and time-consuming process without all your help! xx
Tracking, tracking, tracking. Pay the extra money to send it with a tracking number. This will save your sanity in the early days.
Old Nov 6th 2011, 9:22 pm
Forum Regular

Just about to make the payment online - can someone please confirm that I'm doing this right??

We're applying through London but as the sponsor I'm sending everything to Mississauga first. So the payment options only give me the Mississauga option then the payment "checkout" page is headed: "Immigration Applications for Persons in Canada." We both live in London though - is this right?

Also, when selecting which ones we are paying - we select:

Permanent Residence
Right of Permanent Residence Fee $490.00

Family Class
Sponsorship application (per application) $75.00
Principal applicant $475.00

Is that right? Because at the bottom of that page it also reads:

Spouse and Common Law Partner In Canada Class

This is really confusing me! Any help would be great!
Old Nov 6th 2011, 11:22 pm
BE Enthusiast

Just about to make the payment online - can someone please confirm that I'm doing this right??

We're applying through London but as the sponsor I'm sending everything to Mississauga first. So the payment options only give me the Mississauga option then the payment "checkout" page is headed: "Immigration Applications for Persons in Canada." We both live in London though - is this right?

Also, when selecting which ones we are paying - we select:

Permanent Residence
Right of Permanent Residence Fee $490.00

Family Class

Is that right? Because at the bottom of that page it also reads:

Spouse and Common Law Partner In Canada Class

This is really confusing me! Any help would be great!
I paid $1,040 and I am sponsoring my husband. I asked the same question on this thread last week, so you can check back to my question there.
Old Nov 6th 2011, 11:28 pm
Forum Regular

Thanks 123me. I just want to make sure that it's ok to fill in the parts I listed because we're applying OUTSIDE of Canada and the payment page is headed as: "Immigration Applications for Persons in Canada."

Also, I wanted to confirm that I just select "Family Class" as the Common-law option is only "Spouse and Common Law Partner In Canada Class"

Thanks again
Old Nov 7th 2011, 1:28 am
Forum Regular

SENT!!!!!!! Courier has just collected it. I feel sick in my stomach. Excitement, nerves, fear and relief. Whoa!

Thanks again everyone...I'm now on the waiting side with most of you! xx
Old Nov 7th 2011, 3:28 am
BE Enthusiast

SENT!!!!!!! Courier has just collected it. I feel sick in my stomach. Excitement, nerves, fear and relief. Whoa!

Thanks again everyone...I'm now on the waiting side with most of you! xx
Right, there are many of us on here that know exactly how you feel. Enjoy the feeling, I am sure it has been a long process getting all the paperwork together. I know it was for us.
Old Nov 7th 2011, 10:58 am
BE Enthusiast

I see that it is back to 8 months for step 2 in London. Can anyone tell me how long their entire process took? I see 70 days for step 1, which will take us to January, but then to wait another 8 months seems daunting.
Old Nov 7th 2011, 11:09 am
Just Joined

Lou109 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi, I'm new to this thread applying outland via London (Common-Law) and thought I'd introduce myself

123me - We have a very similar timeline so far. I sent our application on the 1st November and it was received in Mississauga on the 2nd November.
The waiting is already killing me and I'm not expecting to hear anything until mid-January! Any tips to avoid going insane during this process?
Old Nov 7th 2011, 11:15 am
Just Joined

Lou109 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by 123me
I see that it is back to 8 months for step 2 in London. Can anyone tell me how long their entire process took? I see 70 days for step 1, which will take us to January, but then to wait another 8 months seems daunting.
I noticed that the waiting time had crept back up to 8 months too - but if you take a look at this spreadsheet available on another forum (I think someone on here has already posted a link to it in a previous post) then it's clear to see that a majority of applications are processed well-under the 8 month guideline.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...CJyi-IYE#gid=0

I'm keeping my fingers crossed to hear something by April 2012, which I think is feasible
Old Nov 7th 2011, 11:21 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Lou109
Hi, I'm new to this thread applying outland via London (Common-Law) and thought I'd introduce myself

123me - We have a very similar timeline so far. I sent our application on the 1st November and it was received in Mississauga on the 2nd November.
The waiting is already killing me and I'm not expecting to hear anything until mid-January! Any tips to avoid going insane during this process?
Welcome to the forum, it is a great place! I agree about mid-January, that is when I am thinking we will hear something. Not sure how to stop going insane while we wait, just knowing that we finally sent ours off is a huge relief. I was just with my husband for 2 weeks in October, and now with Christmas coming up, I will focus on that to make the time pass.
Old Nov 7th 2011, 11:03 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Lou109
I noticed that the waiting time had crept back up to 8 months too - but if you take a look at this spreadsheet available on another forum (I think someone on here has already posted a link to it in a previous post) then it's clear to see that a majority of applications are processed well-under the 8 month guideline.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...CJyi-IYE#gid=0

I'm keeping my fingers crossed to hear something by April 2012, which I think is feasible
Right, I try to keep that in mind as well. When did you send off your application?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.