Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London

Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London

Old Nov 2nd 2011, 12:34 pm
BE Enthusiast

123me is an unknown quantity at this point
Default re: Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London & Inland

Originally Posted by janham
We did the same as you victorfoxtrot, everything went in one envelope, I tried to follow the order of the check list but as you say those bar codes confused us so we just put them on top of everything else. We also completed the receipt bit by hand.

We just hope they have enough info, we sent details of house that is for sale but I see other people also put mortgage info in their application, saying this I don't think they were going down the sponsorship route.

I just keep hoping the timeline will come down it's so annoying it was only 35 days for Stage 1 and now is 70 we wondered if the applications reduce they will drop the time of stage 1, not that we are impatient or anything
Right, so bar code page at the very top?
Old Nov 2nd 2011, 4:41 pm
Forum Regular

janham is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by 123me
well thats what we did 123me as it wasn't very clear and the bar code thing is fairly new so I'm sure as long as its in the envelope they'll sort the paperwork as at least we've tried to do it rather than just filled the form in
Old Nov 2nd 2011, 5:01 pm
BE Enthusiast

victorfoxtrot has a reputation beyond reputevictorfoxtrot has a reputation beyond reputevictorfoxtrot has a reputation beyond reputevictorfoxtrot has a reputation beyond reputevictorfoxtrot has a reputation beyond reputevictorfoxtrot has a reputation beyond reputevictorfoxtrot has a reputation beyond reputevictorfoxtrot has a reputation beyond reputevictorfoxtrot has a reputation beyond reputevictorfoxtrot has a reputation beyond reputevictorfoxtrot has a reputation beyond repute

yup it's what I did.

On a side note getting very anxious of late as I'm approaching day 70 of the application having arrived at Missisauga - it got there on 30th August. Would love to hear from anyone else who got their applications in say in the week before me, to see if you've had sponsor approval or not. Hoping it could be this week, but resigned to the fact it is likely to be next week.

Still, cheered my spirits by noticing that the quarterly update on the London office timings had reduced from 8 to 7 months. Seems like they are working their socks off.
Old Nov 2nd 2011, 6:11 pm
Forum Regular

janham is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by victorfoxtrot
yup it's what I did.

On a side note getting very anxious of late as I'm approaching day 70 of the application having arrived at Missisauga - it got there on 30th August. Would love to hear from anyone else who got their applications in say in the week before me, to see if you've had sponsor approval or not. Hoping it could be this week, but resigned to the fact it is likely to be next week.

Still, cheered my spirits by noticing that the quarterly update on the London office timings had reduced from 8 to 7 months. Seems like they are working their socks off.
We are a few weeks behind you VF but noticed that the 1st stage hadn't gone up this week but didn't look at 2nd stage so thats good news if its gone down to 7 months.
Old Nov 3rd 2011, 3:51 pm
BE Enthusiast

Application package went off yesterday. I cried....this has been a long time coming!
Old Nov 3rd 2011, 11:57 pm
Forum Regular

carrin is an unknown quantity at this point

I cried too when we sent ours in last Friday! Think I have a few more teary episodes coming up!
Old Nov 4th 2011, 7:31 am
Forum Regular

Jamesdavid3 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Guys,

I have some questions about this Visa, can anyone please help me out

Firstly my girlfriend lives in Canada and i'm from the UK. We have been together for 1 year and 5 months and we have been flying back and forth seeing eachother when we can.

I am moving over in January for 1 year on a IEC working holiday Visa, this lets me in the country for 1 year to work and live. After this year ends I am allowed to apply and do a second year which I will end up doing.

I will be living with her during these next 2 years and I want to know the best route I can take to Apply for this Spousal Sponsorship as i should be getting kicked out of Canada in 2014 when my Visa ends.

I know many of you could be in the same position as me and im looking for some guidance really.

I'm guessing I should apply straight away after the first year we are living together?
Old Nov 4th 2011, 4:34 pm
Forum Regular

Aperture is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by Jamesdavid3
Hi Guys,

I have some questions about this Visa, can anyone please help me out

Firstly my girlfriend lives in Canada and i'm from the UK. We have been together for 1 year and 5 months and we have been flying back and forth seeing eachother when we can.

I am moving over in January for 1 year on a IEC working holiday Visa, this lets me in the country for 1 year to work and live. After this year ends I am allowed to apply and do a second year which I will end up doing.

I will be living with her during these next 2 years and I want to know the best route I can take to Apply for this Spousal Sponsorship as i should be getting kicked out of Canada in 2014 when my Visa ends.

I know many of you could be in the same position as me and im looking for some guidance really.

I'm guessing I should apply straight away after the first year we are living together?
Short answer: Yep!

Longer answer: IMMEDIATELY after your first year cohabiting (be sure to gather plenty of proof during this time, included co-signed leases, joint bank accounts, photos, etc.), apply for sponsorship via the outland common-law application. With any luck--and ideally a very strong portfolio of proof of the genuine nature of your relationship--the 12 months of your second IEC visa should allow enough time for your PR application to go through and get approved before it expires.

Stick around this forum and ask questions, and do plenty of research. Start working on your application at least six weeks before you plan to submit it (especially as you'll need time to get back things like police certificates). The application should arrive at CIC no earlier than the first day you are officially in a common-law relationship (exactly 12 months after the first day of cohabitation). Good luck!
Old Nov 4th 2011, 8:59 pm
Forum Regular

mariar will become famous soon enoughmariar will become famous soon enough

Hi Aperture, has your status on ECAS changed to medical received yet? Im checking everyday! Do you have any idea when it should change?
Old Nov 4th 2011, 11:37 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by mariar
Hi Aperture, has your status on ECAS changed to medical received yet? Im checking everyday! Do you have any idea when it should change?
Frustratingly, my eCAS status is the same as its been since I've been able to sign in:

Sponsorship Application Status: Decision Made
Permanent Residence Application Status: Application Received

We sent the medicals (and full payment, for that matter) at the same time as everything else. Judging by the spreadsheet (from another forum, here: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...CJyi-IYE#gid=0), if we're lucky, we'll go straight to PPR in the next week or two. Hopefully you will, too!

It's a maddening wait, isn't it?
Old Nov 4th 2011, 11:44 pm
BE Enthusiast

Were does that spreadsheet come from?
Old Nov 4th 2011, 11:45 pm
Forum Regular

Were does that spreadsheet come from?
Someone called "pinklady" at CanadaVisa.com (another Internet watering hole for immigrating/emigrating folks like us).
Old Nov 5th 2011, 12:39 am
Forum Regular

mariar will become famous soon enoughmariar will become famous soon enough

Wow i hope that spreadsheet is right! Thats what my ECAS has said the whole time too, I also sent everything together so
Old Nov 5th 2011, 5:28 pm
Just Joined

earthless is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Everyone!

I'm probably going to be the billionth person to ask this question on the forum but I was wondering if there's anyone out there in the same situation as me;

My husband and I (I should note that when we applied, we were common-law partners, and since applying have gotten married) have been living together in England for 2 years now and applied for our sponsorship (me being the sponsor as I was born and raised in Canada) sometime early July 2011. Our Application was received on July 20th and I was approved as his sponsor on September 26th. After checking the CIC website every once in awhile to see if our application status had changed, I noticed today that it says "medical results have been received". Since I've been looking around online and in these forums, I've noticed that people who have their medical results received usually get approved (or denied) quite quickly after. I was wondering if anyone has been/is still in the same situation as us? How long after receiving the medical results does it usually take to be approved??

Any responses would be greatly appreciated!! I'm itching to get my feet back on Canadian soil!

Last edited by earthless; Nov 5th 2011 at 5:36 pm.
Old Nov 5th 2011, 7:14 pm
BE Enthusiast

caleo has a reputation beyond reputecaleo has a reputation beyond reputecaleo has a reputation beyond reputecaleo has a reputation beyond reputecaleo has a reputation beyond reputecaleo has a reputation beyond reputecaleo has a reputation beyond reputecaleo has a reputation beyond reputecaleo has a reputation beyond reputecaleo has a reputation beyond reputecaleo has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Earthless

Hopefully it won't be too long, but there is no hard and fast rule. It does not mean anything other than the fact that they have matched up your med results with your file.

I hope you hear something soon - it is a frustrating, but worthwhile wait

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.