Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London

Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London

Old Feb 16th 2012, 11:39 pm
Forum Regular

Ivesy is an unknown quantity at this point
Default re: Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London & Inland

[QUOTE=123me;9906219][QUOTE=Ivesy;9906208]
Originally Posted by 123me

My husband is in Stoke on Trent. He is worried that he needs to be in England in case they need something else from him...interview for starters.
I can understand him feeling like that, the missing stuff have they mislaid or is it stuff that you haven't included yet?
Old Feb 16th 2012, 11:45 pm
BE Enthusiast

123me is an unknown quantity at this point

[QUOTE=Ivesy;9906253][QUOTE=123me;9906219]
Originally Posted by Ivesy

I can understand him feeling like that, the missing stuff have they mislaid or is it stuff that you haven't included yet?
Both, we did submit his FBl check, they say we did not. Also, his son's who are dependents but not coming with him need UK police checks, an error on our part.
Old Feb 16th 2012, 11:53 pm
Forum Regular

[QUOTE=123me;9906255][QUOTE=Ivesy;9906253]

Both, we did submit his FBl check, they say we did not. Also, his son's who are dependents but not coming with him need UK police checks, an error on our part.
I would re send copies of the original FBI check, we had a similar situation i had a court order with permission from my ex husband for my youngest son to come over to canada...they said they wanted a signature from my ex husband, so we had to re-send the court order high lighted, it took 2 months to hear back from the CHC, looks like it was over looked their end.
Old Feb 17th 2012, 2:28 am
Just Joined

luckyinlove is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello everyone, long time since i posted but been reading all posts and keeping track on everyone status. Seems there is so much chaos going on with CIC London office not having certain documents. I'm having such anxiety over some of the latest posts. I was wondering if anyone can tell me what the FBI check is as I have been seeing it repeated alot in the past several posts and i don't remember seeing it on the checklist. My husband completed a Police Clearance Certificate but now we arevwondering if we missed this critical FBI document.
Its maddening how these people carelessly throw around peoples applications and loose paperwork...like its some kind of joke.
Please if anyone can give me any advise on this that would be greatly appreciated.
THANK you
Old Feb 17th 2012, 3:14 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by luckyinlove
Hello everyone, long time since i posted but been reading all posts and keeping track on everyone status. Seems there is so much chaos going on with CIC London office not having certain documents. I'm having such anxiety over some of the latest posts. I was wondering if anyone can tell me what the FBI check is as I have been seeing it repeated alot in the past several posts and i don't remember seeing it on the checklist. My husband completed a Police Clearance Certificate but now we arevwondering if we missed this critical FBI document.
Its maddening how these people carelessly throw around peoples applications and loose paperwork...like its some kind of joke.
Please if anyone can give me any advise on this that would be greatly appreciated.
THANK you
Hi there
i think you only need a FBI check if you have lived in America for any length of time, we have only lived in the uk and only needed police clearance certificates, so please do not panic
Old Feb 17th 2012, 3:15 am
BE Enthusiast

victorfoxtrot has a reputation beyond reputevictorfoxtrot has a reputation beyond reputevictorfoxtrot has a reputation beyond reputevictorfoxtrot has a reputation beyond reputevictorfoxtrot has a reputation beyond reputevictorfoxtrot has a reputation beyond reputevictorfoxtrot has a reputation beyond reputevictorfoxtrot has a reputation beyond reputevictorfoxtrot has a reputation beyond reputevictorfoxtrot has a reputation beyond reputevictorfoxtrot has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by luckyinlove
THANK you
You should submit police checks for every country in which the applicant has lived for 6 consecutive months or more since the age of 18. I believe that for the USA the equivalent is an FBI check. It says on CIC website that an individual state certificate may also be requested (but this is not required at the application stage - they will contact you if one is required). So your husband should only have included it if he lived there for 6+ months. If he did not, then you don't need to worry.
Old Feb 17th 2012, 3:21 am
Just Joined

luckyinlove is an unknown quantity at this point

Thank you so much for your expedient response. I feel 150% better for my husband does not fall in this category. I hope that everyone is hanging in and this madness will soon come to and end.
Chow.
Old Feb 17th 2012, 10:44 am
BE Enthusiast

[QUOTE=Ivesy;9906264][QUOTE=123me;9906255]
Originally Posted by Ivesy

I would re send copies of the original FBI check, we had a similar situation i had a court order with permission from my ex husband for my youngest son to come over to canada...they said they wanted a signature from my ex husband, so we had to re-send the court order high lighted, it took 2 months to hear back from the CHC, looks like it was over looked their end.
He did resend a photocopy of the FBl check yesterday and today his boys are hopefully getting their UK police check done.
Old Feb 17th 2012, 3:25 pm
Forum Regular

sky_summers is an unknown quantity at this point

[QUOTE=123me;9906825][QUOTE=Ivesy;9906264]

He did resend a photocopy of the FBl check yesterday and today his boys are hopefully getting their UK police check done.
Excellent! Fingers crossed it all gets done quickly!
Old Feb 17th 2012, 3:27 pm
Forum Regular

"Decision made" on ecas today! Roll on my letter...
Old Feb 17th 2012, 3:30 pm
Concierge

SchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sky_summers
YAY that's exciting!!! Try not to check the post too obsessively...
Old Feb 17th 2012, 3:34 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by SchnookoLoly
YAY that's exciting!!! Try not to check the post too obsessively...
Lol - Just as well I can't! It will be delivered to my parents address in the UK as I was a bit too paranoid about changing my address to a Canadian one ahead of a decision. Thought that may be a little presumptious
Old Feb 17th 2012, 4:44 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by sky_summers
That's great news.
Old Feb 17th 2012, 5:34 pm
BE Enthusiast

conjonway has a reputation beyond reputeconjonway has a reputation beyond reputeconjonway has a reputation beyond reputeconjonway has a reputation beyond reputeconjonway has a reputation beyond reputeconjonway has a reputation beyond reputeconjonway has a reputation beyond reputeconjonway has a reputation beyond reputeconjonway has a reputation beyond reputeconjonway has a reputation beyond reputeconjonway has a reputation beyond repute

My sponsor was approved too! Woo, another stage closer!
Old Feb 17th 2012, 5:36 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by conjonway
My sponsor was approved too! Woo, another stage closer!
Wow, more great news. Congrats!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.