Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London

Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London

Old Feb 22nd 2012, 2:50 pm
BE Enthusiast

conjonway has a reputation beyond reputeconjonway has a reputation beyond reputeconjonway has a reputation beyond reputeconjonway has a reputation beyond reputeconjonway has a reputation beyond reputeconjonway has a reputation beyond reputeconjonway has a reputation beyond reputeconjonway has a reputation beyond reputeconjonway has a reputation beyond reputeconjonway has a reputation beyond reputeconjonway has a reputation beyond repute
Default re: Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London & Inland

It's crazy how long it takes from being given an application number/UCI number and being able to log into the CIC website.

I was given my own UCI number on the 17th, and yet still not recognised when I try to log in.

Especially when you compare it to how easy it is to track mail (or even a pizza!!) every single step of the way!
Old Feb 22nd 2012, 4:18 pm
Forum Regular

ek84 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi everyone,

Just thought I would add myself to the waiting list! My application for PR with my husband as my sponsor was delivered to Mississauga on Monday

Quick question though - the package wasn't signed for, I'm assuming this is because the address is a P.O box?

Thanks!
Old Feb 22nd 2012, 6:41 pm
Forum Regular

sky_summers is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by conjonway
It's crazy how long it takes from being given an application number/UCI number and being able to log into the CIC website.

I was given my own UCI number on the 17th, and yet still not recognised when I try to log in.

Especially when you compare it to how easy it is to track mail (or even a pizza!!) every single step of the way!
Hi there, have you tried putting in your sponsors name and d.o.b when trying to log on. Just a thought if you haven't done so already
Old Feb 22nd 2012, 7:48 pm
Forum Regular

Bally21 has a reputation beyond reputeBally21 has a reputation beyond reputeBally21 has a reputation beyond reputeBally21 has a reputation beyond reputeBally21 has a reputation beyond reputeBally21 has a reputation beyond reputeBally21 has a reputation beyond reputeBally21 has a reputation beyond reputeBally21 has a reputation beyond reputeBally21 has a reputation beyond reputeBally21 has a reputation beyond repute

Hey everyone,
I've searched the forums etc, but just wanted more opinions. We're trying dual intent entry on June 17th. I'm canadian, sponsoring my husband. Hoping his visa will be in by then but it may not so just planning ahead. Our flights are already booked one way with Air Transat from Dublin. Because my british husband is with me, a Canadian, do they normally make you have a return ticket? Do they even ask?

Cheers!
Old Feb 23rd 2012, 2:00 am
BE Enthusiast

conjonway has a reputation beyond reputeconjonway has a reputation beyond reputeconjonway has a reputation beyond reputeconjonway has a reputation beyond reputeconjonway has a reputation beyond reputeconjonway has a reputation beyond reputeconjonway has a reputation beyond reputeconjonway has a reputation beyond reputeconjonway has a reputation beyond reputeconjonway has a reputation beyond reputeconjonway has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sky_summers
Hi there, have you tried putting in your sponsors name and d.o.b when trying to log on. Just a thought if you haven't done so already
Actually, funny story. I was entering my country of birth as United Kingdom and Colonies (I just assumed it wanted to know UK) rather than England specifically haha. So I did manage to log on!

It says 'Decision Made' under my gf's UCI, that means just her being approved as a sponsor, not my entire application right?! Under mine it just says Application Received, and Medicals Received.
Old Feb 23rd 2012, 2:21 am
Forum Regular

rodderzzz is a jewel in the roughrodderzzz is a jewel in the roughrodderzzz is a jewel in the roughrodderzzz is a jewel in the rough

Yes Conway it'll change when they review you app in london,

I flagpoled today and am official a PR! Thanks to everyones help over the months. I was a little nervous about flagpoling but everything went smoothly and we were in and out in about 30 mins
Old Feb 23rd 2012, 2:57 am
Temporary Canuck

mattieuk has much to be proud ofmattieuk has much to be proud ofmattieuk has much to be proud ofmattieuk has much to be proud ofmattieuk has much to be proud ofmattieuk has much to be proud ofmattieuk has much to be proud ofmattieuk has much to be proud ofmattieuk has much to be proud ofmattieuk has much to be proud ofmattieuk has much to be proud of

Actually, funny story. I was entering my country of birth as United Kingdom and Colonies (I just assumed it wanted to know UK) rather than England specifically haha. So I did manage to log on!

It says 'Decision Made' under my gf's UCI, that means just her being approved as a sponsor, not my entire application right?! Under mine it just says Application Received, and Medicals Received.
Dude!

I've been doing the exact same thing - I just assumed they were doing an all inclusive version of the UK!

Logged on (I already have a UCI from my work permits) - application received December 20th 2011. Woohoo - time to start the obsessive checking!
Old Feb 23rd 2012, 3:45 am
Forum Regular

wesbray is an unknown quantity at this point

I can't seem to find any information about what to put on the back of my photos! I know I have to counter sign them for my police certificate but now I have no idea what to put on them for the application itself!

I've already had to get 12 photos
Old Feb 23rd 2012, 5:01 am
Forum Regular

rodderzzz is a jewel in the roughrodderzzz is a jewel in the roughrodderzzz is a jewel in the roughrodderzzz is a jewel in the rough

I dont think you have to get them all signed, I know I didn't. The only one I got signed and dated was the one for UK police check
Old Feb 23rd 2012, 2:47 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by mattieuk
Dude!

I've been doing the exact same thing - I just assumed they were doing an all inclusive version of the UK!

Logged on (I already have a UCI from my work permits) - application received December 20th 2011. Woohoo - time to start the obsessive checking!
This makes me feel much better knowing I'm not the only one! Hahaha
Old Feb 23rd 2012, 2:52 pm
Concierge

SchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond repute

This makes me feel much better knowing I'm not the only one! Hahaha
I have a dumdum question - are you able to log in and check status without having a UCI number? My app was mailed a month ago and I'm just wondering. (If you have a link to hand as well that'd be awesomesauce.)
Old Feb 23rd 2012, 2:57 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by SchnookoLoly
I have a dumdum question - are you able to log in and check status without having a UCI number? My app was mailed a month ago and I'm just wondering. (If you have a link to hand as well that'd be awesomesauce.)
Link

Your sponsor gets the first UCI number when you received your acknowledgement from the office in Mississauga (at the top of that email)
Old Feb 23rd 2012, 5:39 pm
Concierge

SchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond repute

Link

Your sponsor gets the first UCI number when you received your acknowledgement from the office in Mississauga (at the top of that email)
K cool that's what I thought, thanky! I'm the sponsor and haven't received anything yet - application got mailed a month ago, so not expecting to hear anything for another 4-5 weeks. Here's hoping it's sooner rather than later!
Old Feb 23rd 2012, 5:55 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by SchnookoLoly
K cool that's what I thought, thanky! I'm the sponsor and haven't received anything yet - application got mailed a month ago, so not expecting to hear anything for another 4-5 weeks. Here's hoping it's sooner rather than later!
Just so you have an idea of timeframe: I mailed mine in on December 29th, and didn't get an email confirming it was received until February 8th.
Old Feb 23rd 2012, 6:11 pm
Concierge

Just so you have an idea of timeframe: I mailed mine in on December 29th, and didn't get an email confirming it was received until February 8th.
Yep been following everyone's signatures, and have a bookmark of PinkLady's spreadsheet... check it nearly daily for updates! Hoping it's soon as an application received on January 10th has sponsor approval, and mine was received January 25th... so here's hoping it's soon!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.