Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London

Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London

Old Nov 1st 2012, 12:22 pm
Forum Regular

canadianbird is an unknown quantity at this point
Default re: Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London & Inland

We sent our spousal application off they received it Aug 21st 2012 and have approved me as a sponsor 30/10/12.. Hopefully will have it soon. Just one more hurdle the courts descison on 14th /15th Nov as to whether I can take my 11 and 14 yr olds to Canada (they want to go)...My nerves are shot to bits...
Old Nov 1st 2012, 3:00 pm
Forum Regular

dan09uk is an unknown quantity at this point
Thumbs down re: Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London & Inland

Originally Posted by chrisbrockhurst
did he give you any clue/indication as to whats wrong? I'd of been pretty annoyed about this, did you just let it go?
he said he had never seen it before but when he entered my details into the system they didn't come up. He said it was as if they had not entered my details in London correctly.

I was unable to land on Friday when I was at the border and given a notice of further inspection. He took my CORP and said he would email the London visa office and request that it be filled in correctly and call me back by Tuesday.

Got a call on Tuesday and he was really vague about what happened saying it was some sort of software error and that my file was being forwarded to the consulate in Vancouver, who would be in contract with me in the next 2 weeks!(feel like it will be much longer, as it always is with the immigration!)

I'm really frustrated to be honest but there was nothing I could do at the border. Apparently the consulate will reissue my CORP and I can go to the office in Vancouver to land.

I tried emailing London but have had no reply. I am also confused as it why London cant reissue it and email me a new copy this week.

Last edited by dan09uk; Nov 1st 2012 at 3:04 pm.
Old Nov 1st 2012, 4:16 pm
BE Enthusiast

scottish_maple has a reputation beyond reputescottish_maple has a reputation beyond reputescottish_maple has a reputation beyond reputescottish_maple has a reputation beyond reputescottish_maple has a reputation beyond reputescottish_maple has a reputation beyond reputescottish_maple has a reputation beyond reputescottish_maple has a reputation beyond reputescottish_maple has a reputation beyond reputescottish_maple has a reputation beyond reputescottish_maple has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dan09uk
he said he had never seen it before but when he entered my details into the system they didn't come up. He said it was as if they had not entered my details in London correctly.

I was unable to land on Friday when I was at the border and given a notice of further inspection. He took my CORP and said he would email the London visa office and request that it be filled in correctly and call me back by Tuesday.

Got a call on Tuesday and he was really vague about what happened saying it was some sort of software error and that my file was being forwarded to the consulate in Vancouver, who would be in contract with me in the next 2 weeks!(feel like it will be much longer, as it always is with the immigration!)

I'm really frustrated to be honest but there was nothing I could do at the border. Apparently the consulate will reissue my CORP and I can go to the office in Vancouver to land.

I tried emailing London but have had no reply. I am also confused as it why London cant reissue it and email me a new copy this week.
I hope they do sort it out without much more delay
Old Nov 1st 2012, 4:18 pm
BE Enthusiast

scottish_maple has a reputation beyond reputescottish_maple has a reputation beyond reputescottish_maple has a reputation beyond reputescottish_maple has a reputation beyond reputescottish_maple has a reputation beyond reputescottish_maple has a reputation beyond reputescottish_maple has a reputation beyond reputescottish_maple has a reputation beyond reputescottish_maple has a reputation beyond reputescottish_maple has a reputation beyond reputescottish_maple has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by canadianbird
We sent our spousal application off they received it Aug 21st 2012 and have approved me as a sponsor 30/10/12.. Hopefully will have it soon. Just one more hurdle the courts descison on 14th /15th Nov as to whether I can take my 11 and 14 yr olds to Canada (they want to go)...My nerves are shot to bits...
Good Luck, I know how you feel. Luckily I didnt have to go to court.
Old Nov 1st 2012, 4:51 pm
Forum Regular

Deficient has a spectacular aura aboutDeficient has a spectacular aura aboutDeficient has a spectacular aura about

So seven weeks had passed since I submitted the information requested in my second medical furtherance letter so I sent a case-specific enquiry a couple of days ago to check whether they received it and whether it had been reviewed (it took them six weeks to turn around the first lot of stuff they requested and to send the second request).

Just got a reply today:

The information was received and your medical assessment has been completed. We will soon proceed towards finalising your application and issuing your Confirmation of Permanent Residence Form.

Sounds like it's a goer - hopefully they'll pick up my application again soon!
Old Nov 1st 2012, 5:38 pm
BE Enthusiast

stuabroad has a reputation beyond reputestuabroad has a reputation beyond reputestuabroad has a reputation beyond reputestuabroad has a reputation beyond reputestuabroad has a reputation beyond reputestuabroad has a reputation beyond reputestuabroad has a reputation beyond reputestuabroad has a reputation beyond reputestuabroad has a reputation beyond reputestuabroad has a reputation beyond reputestuabroad has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by laurenhannah
Hey Stuabroad,

any news yet!?
Originally Posted by scottish_maple
+1
been away from the computer for a few days, was driving myself bonkers. Still 'In Process' and no letter in my postbox...surely can't be long now...surely...(chewing on a piece of wood seems to help though).
Old Nov 1st 2012, 5:44 pm
Forum Regular

treemanstu will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by stuabroad
been away from the computer for a few days, was driving myself bonkers. Still 'In Process' and no letter in my postbox...surely can't be long now...surely...(chewing on a piece of wood seems to help though).
I know what you mean! Mine doesn't say in process yet, kinda hoping they haven't updated the ecad so I get a surprise in the post...

I really don't know how often they update things.

But I did get a response from emailing the London office that they had received my application and its pending a full review.

(that's nice to know)

Last edited by treemanstu; Nov 1st 2012 at 5:47 pm. Reason: Adding more text
Old Nov 1st 2012, 6:11 pm
Forum Regular

laurenhannah is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by treemanstu
I know what you mean! Mine doesn't say in process yet, kinda hoping they haven't updated the ecad so I get a surprise in the post...

I really don't know how often they update things.

But I did get a response from emailing the London office that they had received my application and its pending a full review.

(that's nice to know)
hey treemanstu,

Thats what i got a couple of days ago too. We received our sponsorship approval 2 days before you.

Starting to go mad now, had enough of all this!
Old Nov 1st 2012, 6:23 pm
Forum Regular

treemanstu will become famous soon enough

hey treemanstu,

Thats what i got a couple of days ago too. We received our sponsorship approval 2 days before you.

Starting to go mad now, had enough of all this!
Did you get your sponsor approval letter via email or post?
Old Nov 1st 2012, 6:24 pm
Forum Regular

Did you get your sponsor approval letter via email or post?
we got ours via e-mail. How about you?
Old Nov 1st 2012, 6:39 pm
BE Enthusiast

stuabroad has a reputation beyond reputestuabroad has a reputation beyond reputestuabroad has a reputation beyond reputestuabroad has a reputation beyond reputestuabroad has a reputation beyond reputestuabroad has a reputation beyond reputestuabroad has a reputation beyond reputestuabroad has a reputation beyond reputestuabroad has a reputation beyond reputestuabroad has a reputation beyond reputestuabroad has a reputation beyond repute

(that's nice to know)
How long did it take to get a response via email from the London office, after you submitted the web form?
Old Nov 1st 2012, 6:40 pm
Forum Regular

How long did it take to get a response via email from the London office, after you submitted the web form?
I'm not sure about treemanstu, but i sent mine on Monday afternoon and had a reply by mid morning on Tuesday! Couldn't believe they'd even replied as my enquiry was hardly 'urgent'
Old Nov 1st 2012, 6:41 pm
BE Enthusiast

I'm not sure about treemanstu, but i sent mine on Monday afternoon and had a reply by mid morning on Tuesday! Couldn't believe they'd even replied as my enquiry was hardly 'urgent'
what did you ask...?
Old Nov 1st 2012, 6:43 pm
Forum Regular

what did you ask...?
I just asked if London had in face received our application as i had recently read a few horror stories of applications not being received! They said they had received our application and that it was currently waiting for review by an officer.

Was hoping for 'currently under review'! But at least i have peaces of mind that it is in fact there!
Old Nov 1st 2012, 6:45 pm
BE Enthusiast

[QUOTE=dan09uk;10359611]

Just looking at your timeline: 15/10/2012 In Process ----------- 15/10/2012 CORP Issued

Mine went In Process on 15 October also. Still In Process.

Did you receive your COPR online or in the post...what came first?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.