Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London

Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London

Old Oct 24th 2012, 8:27 pm
Just Joined

JennyFox is an unknown quantity at this point
Default re: Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London & Inland

Does anyone have experience with contacting the High Commission of Canada to the United Kingdom in London and leaving a message on the Emergency Voicemail? I have called and left a message, do they normally call back?

We received a notice today that the High Commission in London has not received our additional paperwork sent 6th September, which we believe to be delivered. The concern is that claims not to have it (i.e. lost it?), then we could have an issue where someone could be using the information for identity theft as pretty much everything is in the documents that would enable someone to do this. Also not to mention the money we will have to spend to get replacement paperwork sigh...
Old Oct 25th 2012, 10:41 am
BE Enthusiast

scottish_maple has a reputation beyond reputescottish_maple has a reputation beyond reputescottish_maple has a reputation beyond reputescottish_maple has a reputation beyond reputescottish_maple has a reputation beyond reputescottish_maple has a reputation beyond reputescottish_maple has a reputation beyond reputescottish_maple has a reputation beyond reputescottish_maple has a reputation beyond reputescottish_maple has a reputation beyond reputescottish_maple has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by JennyFox
Does anyone have experience with contacting the High Commission of Canada to the United Kingdom in London and leaving a message on the Emergency Voicemail? I have called and left a message, do they normally call back?

We received a notice today that the High Commission in London has not received our additional paperwork sent 6th September, which we believe to be delivered. The concern is that claims not to have it (i.e. lost it?), then we could have an issue where someone could be using the information for identity theft as pretty much everything is in the documents that would enable someone to do this. Also not to mention the money we will have to spend to get replacement paperwork sigh...

I can't see it. As there website states that the contact number is not for immigration enquiries. You can only contact them in writing or email.

Enquiries

Information Centre – Voice Mail: 0207 258 6421
The Information Centre's voicemail line is strictly for enquiries relating to subjects other than those listed below. We endeavour to respond to messages left on this voicemail by the next working day.
2012 Office Closures
Services offered and specific contact details

Consular and Passport Services
Immigration and Visa Section
International Experience Canada
Public Enquiries Unit
Media Enquiries
Cultural Relations Unit
Commercial and Economic Division
Emergency contact information

Did you send them a case specific email enquiry?
Old Oct 25th 2012, 2:34 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by scottish_maple
I can't see it. As there website states that the contact number is not for immigration enquiries. You can only contact them in writing or email.

Enquiries

Information Centre – Voice Mail: 0207 258 6421
The Information Centre's voicemail line is strictly for enquiries relating to subjects other than those listed below. We endeavour to respond to messages left on this voicemail by the next working day.
2012 Office Closures
Services offered and specific contact details

Consular and Passport Services
Immigration and Visa Section
International Experience Canada
Public Enquiries Unit
Media Enquiries
Cultural Relations Unit
Commercial and Economic Division
Emergency contact information

Did you send them a case specific email enquiry?

I called and spoke to someone at the High Commission and they connected me to an emergency hotline. Again, the voicemail said they dont respond to everything. We did send an email as well. All very frustrating as they do not acknowledge anything and impossible to speak to anyone. We've surely paid enough money for this visa to justify the ability to speak with someone on the phone.. its nonsense really.
Old Oct 25th 2012, 3:58 pm
Just Joined

I called and spoke to someone at the High Commission and they connected me to an emergency hotline. Again, the voicemail said they dont respond to everything. We did send an email as well. All very frustrating as they do not acknowledge anything and impossible to speak to anyone. We've surely paid enough money for this visa to justify the ability to speak with someone on the phone.. its nonsense really.
Well it seems that they email you a response to your voicemail messages. They had our documents all along....
Old Oct 25th 2012, 5:57 pm
Forum Regular

Deficient has a spectacular aura aboutDeficient has a spectacular aura aboutDeficient has a spectacular aura about

Well it seems that they email you a response to your voicemail messages. They had our documents all along....
That's a relief!

Well, I guess not really since they've probably been twiddling their thumbs over your application, waiting for documents they evidently already had.

What do you suppose would have happened about the missed deadline if indeed they somehow hadn't received your documents? Did the notice you received say?
Old Oct 25th 2012, 7:11 pm
Forum Regular

JakeCanada is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi All, I haven't been on in a while, but here is my current timeline, still waiting on the final part.

Received: May 16th 2012
Sponsorship approved on August 28th

and waiting on the rest.. anyone else have a similar timeline? Also what happens next, do they request my passport or send me a letter? And if they send me a letter which address do they send it too? England or Canada?

Thank you.
Old Oct 25th 2012, 7:15 pm
Forum Regular

laurenhannah is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by JakeCanada
Hi All, I haven't been on in a while, but here is my current timeline, still waiting on the final part.

and waiting on the rest.. anyone else have a similar timeline? Also what happens next, do they request my passport or send me a letter? And if they send me a letter which address do they send it too? England or Canada?

Thank you.
Hi Jake,

We sent our application on May 8th and got sponsorship approval on August 8th, still waiting to hear anything else also.

The UK are visa exempt so they've binned of the Passport request which is nice, cuts a stage out

the COPR papers will be sent to whatever address the principal applicant put on the application.

Good luck, hope you hear something soon!
Old Oct 25th 2012, 7:22 pm
BE Enthusiast

stuabroad has a reputation beyond reputestuabroad has a reputation beyond reputestuabroad has a reputation beyond reputestuabroad has a reputation beyond reputestuabroad has a reputation beyond reputestuabroad has a reputation beyond reputestuabroad has a reputation beyond reputestuabroad has a reputation beyond reputestuabroad has a reputation beyond reputestuabroad has a reputation beyond reputestuabroad has a reputation beyond repute

Thank you.
Have a look here: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...CJyi-IYE#gid=0

Add yourself if not already on there.

Originally Posted by laurenhannah
Hi Jake,

We sent our application on May 8th and got sponsorship approval on August 8th, still waiting to hear anything else also.

I've been "in process" now for 10 days, damn it. I wish they didn't give the web login, it's almost impossible not to check it every few hours!
Old Oct 25th 2012, 7:28 pm
Forum Regular

laurenhannah is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by stuabroad

I've been "in process" now for 10 days, damn it. I wish they didn't give the web login, it's almost impossible not to check it every few hours!

Oh i bet! I'm the same and ours hasn't even changed yet! A few people have been receiving their COPR in the post before their ECAS even changes to Decision Made, so it may just turn up! Fingers crossed for you mate!
Old Oct 25th 2012, 8:37 pm
Forum Regular

carley_jackson will become famous soon enough

Thank you.
Hi Jake,

I think we're at the same stage as you too, sponsorship approval end of Aug.
Checking that bloody Ecas thing on a regular basis and no updates for hubby yet.....hopefully soon.....
Old Oct 25th 2012, 9:08 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Deficient
That's a relief!

Well, I guess not really since they've probably been twiddling their thumbs over your application, waiting for documents they evidently already had.

What do you suppose would have happened about the missed deadline if indeed they somehow hadn't received your documents? Did the notice you received say?
Yes hopefully they'll look at ours as priority now as its in someone's hands..

the email said they hadn't received the documents and to tell they would allow us another 30 days to get the documents to them or they would continue to process without and that it could mean our application would not be approved and we'd have to either appeal or restart.
Old Oct 26th 2012, 12:19 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by laurenhannah
Hi Jake,

The UK are visa exempt so they've binned of the Passport request which is nice, cuts a stage out

the COPR papers will be sent to whatever address the principal applicant put on the application.

Good luck, hope you hear something soon!

Ah crap, I think I put my English address, would I be the principal applicant or my wife?
Old Oct 26th 2012, 12:20 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by carley_jackson
Hi Jake,

I think we're at the same stage as you too, sponsorship approval end of Aug.
Checking that bloody Ecas thing on a regular basis and no updates for hubby yet.....hopefully soon.....

Yeah I noticed your timeline, its pretty much the same as mine.. we will probably here around the same time. Hopefully
Old Oct 26th 2012, 8:45 am
Forum Regular

rosskilgour is an unknown quantity at this point

Bit of a random question, sorry if this should be on a separate thread, but I thought it might be something kind of fun which might even take some minds off the waiting...

Can anyone recommend a good book(s) on Canada, Canadian history, emigrating, etc.? I have seen a whole bunch in the bookshops, but can anyone recommend some they have bought? I'd like to read the definitive book on Canadian history, if there is one! A lot of the emigration books I saw seemed aimed at US audiences. Can anyone recommend one for UK emigrants?

Cheers guys.
Old Oct 26th 2012, 3:10 pm
Forum Regular

lindzation is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by stuabroad

Hi there!
Question: On the spreadsheet, is "App Rcvd" when you know they got it due to tracking - or when they send the notice of receipt?
For example, we sent ours on September 26, from post tracking we know they got it on Oct 1st, but we just got our notice of receipt yesterday.

Thanks!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.