Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London

Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London

Old May 12th 2012, 12:02 am
BE Enthusiast

victorfoxtrot has a reputation beyond reputevictorfoxtrot has a reputation beyond reputevictorfoxtrot has a reputation beyond reputevictorfoxtrot has a reputation beyond reputevictorfoxtrot has a reputation beyond reputevictorfoxtrot has a reputation beyond reputevictorfoxtrot has a reputation beyond reputevictorfoxtrot has a reputation beyond reputevictorfoxtrot has a reputation beyond reputevictorfoxtrot has a reputation beyond reputevictorfoxtrot has a reputation beyond repute
Default re: Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London & Inland

Originally Posted by Ivesy
Hi there
i would like to notify pink lady of my corp date, i had a email from her asking of my position, but i was unable to log on to the account, i just need to email her
date of residency so she can add it to her spread sheet. If any one can give me her direct email that would really help.
thanks very much
Hey Ivesy, you will need to reset your password for your Canadavisa.com forum login, then you can simply post your update onto the London thread or PM Pinklady. I don't believe she gives out her personal email address. Here is the link to reset your password:
http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-imm...ction=reminder
Old May 12th 2012, 12:04 am
Forum Regular

Ivesy is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by victorfoxtrot
Hey Ivesy, you will need to reset your password for your Canadavisa.com forum login, then you can simply post your update onto the London thread or PM Pinklady. I don't believe she gives out her personal email address. Here is the link to reset your password:
Thanks very much victor foxtrot for that i will give it a go.
Old May 12th 2012, 12:13 am
BE Enthusiast

stuabroad has a reputation beyond reputestuabroad has a reputation beyond reputestuabroad has a reputation beyond reputestuabroad has a reputation beyond reputestuabroad has a reputation beyond reputestuabroad has a reputation beyond reputestuabroad has a reputation beyond reputestuabroad has a reputation beyond reputestuabroad has a reputation beyond reputestuabroad has a reputation beyond reputestuabroad has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Deficient
The 7 month figure isn't an average, it actually means that 80% of applications are processed within 7 months (I suspect an average wouldn't be a useful measure because any anomalies that took a long time to process would stretch out the average). I'm just checking the big stats spreadsheet I downloaded about this covering October 2010 to September 2011 and it says for London spouses & partners:

20% processed within 2 months
30% processed within 2 months
50% processed within 3 months
70% processed within 5 months
80% processed within 7 months

Hopefully that sheds a little light on what lies beneath the surface of that 7 month processing stat, at least up to last year. I know a few people have commented that the processing time for London seems to be a little longer lately, so maybe the stats will look different for the year up to September 2012. I can imagine adding on an extra month to each percentage bracket would more than likely account for it.

I filed in late Feb and fly in mid Sept, and even with the additional step of dealing with Quebec and my medical furtherance, I'm still hopeful that perhaps I might be processed within 6 months in total. But I'm also prepared for that not being the case.
That's good information, thanks for sharing.
Old May 12th 2012, 12:17 am
Forum Regular

Ivesy is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by victorfoxtrot
Thanks for your help
i logged on and have left my updated status with the pink lady.
many thanks ivesy
Old May 12th 2012, 3:18 pm
Just Joined

CateandSymie is an unknown quantity at this point

We've received the UCI number. Yeah! Thrilled to have ANYTHING from CIC. It's not working online yet though...
Application sent 16th Feb.
Arrived in Mississauga 20th Feb.
Received by CIC and informed by email 9th May.

Anyone else heard anything?
Old May 12th 2012, 5:29 pm
Stress Junkie

martyjay has much to be proud ofmartyjay has much to be proud ofmartyjay has much to be proud ofmartyjay has much to be proud ofmartyjay has much to be proud ofmartyjay has much to be proud ofmartyjay has much to be proud ofmartyjay has much to be proud ofmartyjay has much to be proud ofmartyjay has much to be proud ofmartyjay has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by CateandSymie
We've received the UCI number. Yeah! Thrilled to have ANYTHING from CIC. It's not working online yet though...
Application sent 16th Feb.
Arrived in Mississauga 20th Feb.
Received by CIC and informed by email 9th May.

Anyone else heard anything?
Yep, My OH received her email confirming receipt of application this morning, so in the same boat now..
Old May 12th 2012, 8:06 pm
Forum Regular

CANorBUST is an unknown quantity at this point

I am hopefully close to getting my VISA and was wondering if anyone knows if you can 'flagpole' or get your PR VISA approved in Toronto??? The border at Niagara is pretty far for us.
Old May 13th 2012, 10:00 pm
BE Enthusiast

conjonway has a reputation beyond reputeconjonway has a reputation beyond reputeconjonway has a reputation beyond reputeconjonway has a reputation beyond reputeconjonway has a reputation beyond reputeconjonway has a reputation beyond reputeconjonway has a reputation beyond reputeconjonway has a reputation beyond reputeconjonway has a reputation beyond reputeconjonway has a reputation beyond reputeconjonway has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by CANorBUST
I am hopefully close to getting my VISA and was wondering if anyone knows if you can 'flagpole' or get your PR VISA approved in Toronto??? The border at Niagara is pretty far for us.
Not sure how you think you can leave the country and reenter while never leaving toronto! Closest is niagara falls have fun!
Old May 13th 2012, 11:20 pm
Just Joined

CateandSymie is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by martyjay
Yep, My OH received her email confirming receipt of application this morning, so in the same boat now..
Great! Can you logon yet? I'm having no luck with the website.
Old May 13th 2012, 11:43 pm
Forum Regular

CANorBUST is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by conjonway
Not sure how you think you can leave the country and reenter while never leaving toronto! Closest is niagara falls have fun!
I did find this answer; You can go to a CIC office in Canada (Toronto, Hamiton, Barrie all have one plus others) to get stamped in or to activate your PR VISA. You can only do it by appt and these offices generally only have one morning a week that you can do it. It prob won't work for us but it may for some others that are far from the borders.
Old May 14th 2012, 11:31 pm
Forum Regular

carley_jackson will become famous soon enough

I did find this answer; You can go to a CIC office in Canada (Toronto, Hamiton, Barrie all have one plus others) to get stamped in or to activate your PR VISA. You can only do it by appt and these offices generally only have one morning a week that you can do it. It prob won't work for us but it may for some others that are far from the borders.
Great to know, I'm in barrie lol!
Old May 14th 2012, 11:44 pm
Temporary Canuck

mattieuk has much to be proud ofmattieuk has much to be proud ofmattieuk has much to be proud ofmattieuk has much to be proud ofmattieuk has much to be proud ofmattieuk has much to be proud ofmattieuk has much to be proud ofmattieuk has much to be proud ofmattieuk has much to be proud ofmattieuk has much to be proud ofmattieuk has much to be proud of

Just as a word of warning - I believe I remember reading from someone that it was strictly appointment only, and you may have to wait weeks/months to get an appointment to do it.

That said, could be a load of old guff...
Old May 14th 2012, 11:56 pm
Forum Regular

wesbray is an unknown quantity at this point

Finally got my police certificate sent off for, going to tackle the mountain of forms while i'm waiting to get it back. I had a medical last year and heard it was good for 12 months, is this true?
Old May 15th 2012, 5:16 pm
Temporary Canuck

mattieuk has much to be proud ofmattieuk has much to be proud ofmattieuk has much to be proud ofmattieuk has much to be proud ofmattieuk has much to be proud ofmattieuk has much to be proud ofmattieuk has much to be proud ofmattieuk has much to be proud ofmattieuk has much to be proud ofmattieuk has much to be proud ofmattieuk has much to be proud of

DECISION MADE!!!!!!
Old May 15th 2012, 6:16 pm
Stress Junkie

martyjay has much to be proud ofmartyjay has much to be proud ofmartyjay has much to be proud ofmartyjay has much to be proud ofmartyjay has much to be proud ofmartyjay has much to be proud ofmartyjay has much to be proud ofmartyjay has much to be proud ofmartyjay has much to be proud ofmartyjay has much to be proud ofmartyjay has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by CateandSymie
Great! Can you logon yet? I'm having no luck with the website.
Managed my first login this morning, so you know what my daily routine is going to be now... up for work at 6.30, login and check... so now I have a new way to stress myself out

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.