Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London

Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London

Old May 31st 2012, 11:57 pm
Forum Regular

lordchewington is an unknown quantity at this point
Default re: Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London & Inland

Originally Posted by mattieuk
I used Peace Arch. No bank statements are required, as there are no financial requirements to sponsor a spouse through this application method.

Was the best border experience I've ever had actually - the only nice guy I've ever met on the Canadian side of things - barely asked a question, offered his congratulations that I'd become a PR, and even afforded us an informal chat about how long the process too. Perhaps now I'm a PR I'll start getting happy smiley people from the Canadian Border Service Agency (I see to be the opposite of most people and have always had super nice US border guards and very abrasive Canadian ones).
That's great, thanks! Sounds like it was a breeze! I'm still waiting on my sponsor being approved as yet, the cic website is slow to update to show how far along they are and it seems the applications are getting done even slower
Old Jun 3rd 2012, 3:38 pm
Just Joined

supergirl116 is an unknown quantity at this point

I just got sponsor approved!!!! Finally! Got delayed after Australia (where my husband got his medical check done, we were living there at the time) sent my hubby's medical check to England instead of Ottawa. It ended up being ok, but delayed our app. Hopefully the next part is true to what everyone here says, that its not the 7 months processing time, that it's more like 4 months. Please!! (crosses fingers) Christmas is way too far away.

Application mailed January 25, 2012. Application received January 27, 2012. Sponsor Approved May 31, 2012.
Old Jun 3rd 2012, 3:40 pm
Just Joined

supergirl116 is an unknown quantity at this point

I used Peace Arch. No bank statements are required, as there are no financial requirements to sponsor a spouse through this application method.

Was the best border experience I've ever had actually - the only nice guy I've ever met on the Canadian side of things - barely asked a question, offered his congratulations that I'd become a PR, and even afforded us an informal chat about how long the process too. Perhaps now I'm a PR I'll start getting happy smiley people from the Canadian Border Service Agency (I see to be the opposite of most people and have always had super nice US border guards and very abrasive Canadian ones).
Wow, haha yeah, usually have the angry Americans at customs myself.
Old Jun 3rd 2012, 3:44 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Former Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by supergirl116
Wow, haha yeah, usually have the angry Americans at customs myself.
Dontcha know that is the mandate of CBSA only to piss off Canadian citizens and PRs? We have to be nice to the tourists or they might not come back.
If living in Canada then you have no choice
Old Jun 3rd 2012, 5:54 pm
Forum Regular

jaminsk1 will become famous soon enough

The guy at the border did not mention anything about that to me! He actually specifically said that the paper that was stapled in my passport acted as my PR card until I received it in the mail.
I landed back in mid march and still haven't received my PR card. I travelled back to the UK last week and had no problems using the temp piece of paper I was issued to me when I landed.

Anyone know how long it should take for the card to arrive? I was thinking a few weeks but it has been over a couple of months now...?
Old Jun 4th 2012, 8:57 am
Forum Regular

lozzyblue is an unknown quantity at this point

Picked up my COPR from the post office today. Off down to Bellingham for the day tomorrow, and will land on the way back, and then all this will finally be over!
Congrats mattieuk! Great news!
Old Jun 4th 2012, 2:04 pm
BE Enthusiast

conjonway has a reputation beyond reputeconjonway has a reputation beyond reputeconjonway has a reputation beyond reputeconjonway has a reputation beyond reputeconjonway has a reputation beyond reputeconjonway has a reputation beyond reputeconjonway has a reputation beyond reputeconjonway has a reputation beyond reputeconjonway has a reputation beyond reputeconjonway has a reputation beyond reputeconjonway has a reputation beyond repute

So I'm still waiting for my RCMP police check to come back - I'm in a fairly remote area of ON for the summer so all the police stations could only offer a paper application, which will take 4-6 weeks to process. I sent my app for a police check off on May 15th. Crappy thing is - if I'd managed to get an electronic check done then it would have been processed in THREE days :'( I need to submit the info to London by July 10th so it's cutting it really fine! Next time I can get to Toronto (where I hope I can find a police station that does electronic applications) will be July 8th - so not really worth it!) aaah!
Old Jun 4th 2012, 2:19 pm
Just Joined

Maz_C is an unknown quantity at this point

Decision made!!!!!!

Any idea how long it will take for COPR to arrive?

App received 06.01.12
Sponsorship Approval 16.03.12
Started Processing 30.05.12
Decision Made 4.06.12
Old Jun 4th 2012, 2:21 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by conjonway
So I'm still waiting for my RCMP police check to come back - I'm in a fairly remote area of ON for the summer so all the police stations could only offer a paper application, which will take 4-6 weeks to process. I sent my app for a police check off on May 15th. Crappy thing is - if I'd managed to get an electronic check done then it would have been processed in THREE days :'( I need to submit the info to London by July 10th so it's cutting it really fine! Next time I can get to Toronto (where I hope I can find a police station that does electronic applications) will be July 8th - so not really worth it!) aaah!
sounds like a bit of a nightmare conjonway sorry it's not been straightforward for you
Old Jun 4th 2012, 2:22 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Maz_C
Decision made!!!!!!

App received 06.01.12
Decision Made 4.06.12
Congrats! Mine took a few days and we are currently in Belgium where the post is pretty unreliable so you should have in no time!
Old Jun 4th 2012, 2:26 pm
BE Enthusiast

exenglishman has a reputation beyond reputeexenglishman has a reputation beyond reputeexenglishman has a reputation beyond reputeexenglishman has a reputation beyond reputeexenglishman has a reputation beyond reputeexenglishman has a reputation beyond reputeexenglishman has a reputation beyond reputeexenglishman has a reputation beyond reputeexenglishman has a reputation beyond reputeexenglishman has a reputation beyond reputeexenglishman has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Maz_C
Decision made!!!!!!

App received 06.01.12
Decision Made 4.06.12
wow things are really speeding along in London. My sponsorship approval was 3 weeks after yours, hopefully my app hits processing soon!
Old Jun 4th 2012, 2:35 pm
Just Joined

Maz_C is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks! I've been in Calgary for the whole process so I'm so happy that I can finally work. There's only so much you can do to entertain yourself with that much free time!

It does look like things are getting quicker in the London office, fingers crossed
Old Jun 4th 2012, 3:52 pm
BE Enthusiast

conjonway has a reputation beyond reputeconjonway has a reputation beyond reputeconjonway has a reputation beyond reputeconjonway has a reputation beyond reputeconjonway has a reputation beyond reputeconjonway has a reputation beyond reputeconjonway has a reputation beyond reputeconjonway has a reputation beyond reputeconjonway has a reputation beyond reputeconjonway has a reputation beyond reputeconjonway has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lozzyblue
sounds like a bit of a nightmare conjonway sorry it's not been straightforward for you
Yeah me too Pretty jealous of all you folk who had a straight forward process!

Found a place to get my fingerprints done electronically - only a 4 hour trip one way to get there. Going to just bite the bullet and take the day off work to get there and pay for another police check, and more gas!
Old Jun 4th 2012, 5:21 pm
Forum Regular

BritBob is a jewel in the roughBritBob is a jewel in the roughBritBob is a jewel in the roughBritBob is a jewel in the roughBritBob is a jewel in the rough

Unless we're very lucky, I just had a call from immigration Canada with a few questions regarding my sponsorship application. Our papers arrived in Mississauga at the beginning of March. Thought it might be another month or two before they opened up the envelope going by the current timelines!

Now for the nerves to kick in. Going to be a long few weeks!!!
Old Jun 4th 2012, 6:25 pm
Temporary Canuck

mattieuk has much to be proud ofmattieuk has much to be proud ofmattieuk has much to be proud ofmattieuk has much to be proud ofmattieuk has much to be proud ofmattieuk has much to be proud ofmattieuk has much to be proud ofmattieuk has much to be proud ofmattieuk has much to be proud ofmattieuk has much to be proud ofmattieuk has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by conjonway
Yeah me too Pretty jealous of all you folk who had a straight forward process!

Found a place to get my fingerprints done electronically - only a 4 hour trip one way to get there. Going to just bite the bullet and take the day off work to get there and pay for another police check, and more gas!
Dude I'm so sorry! I was waiting with baited breath for good news from you when mine came through.

Any ideas why they're requesting a RCMP check - I think we've both been in Canada on working holidays about the same amount of time as well.

Sorry

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.