Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London

Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London

Old May 15th 2012, 6:22 pm
Forum Regular

carley_jackson will become famous soon enough
Default re: Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London & Inland

Originally Posted by mattieuk
DECISION MADE!!!!!!
Old May 16th 2012, 3:11 pm
Forum Regular

JakeCanada is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Guys,

Just letting you know that I have joined the spousal sponsorship timeline, I sent my application yesterday and it has been delivered today.. I am also in England apart from my wife which sucks so beginning the dreaded waiting game now.. Just thought id add myself to the timeline
Old May 16th 2012, 3:14 pm
Fancy a Cuppa?

Rosie Lee has a reputation beyond reputeRosie Lee has a reputation beyond reputeRosie Lee has a reputation beyond reputeRosie Lee has a reputation beyond reputeRosie Lee has a reputation beyond reputeRosie Lee has a reputation beyond reputeRosie Lee has a reputation beyond reputeRosie Lee has a reputation beyond reputeRosie Lee has a reputation beyond reputeRosie Lee has a reputation beyond reputeRosie Lee has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by CateandSymie
We've received the UCI number. Yeah! Thrilled to have ANYTHING from CIC. It's not working online yet though...
Application sent 16th Feb.
Arrived in Mississauga 20th Feb.
Received by CIC and informed by email 9th May.

Anyone else heard anything?
There are quite a few mid feb approvals on the Canadavisa forum.
They seem to be a week or so ahead of what is posted on cic website.
Old May 16th 2012, 5:02 pm
Forum Regular

wesbray is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by wesbray
Finally got my police certificate sent off for, going to tackle the mountain of forms while i'm waiting to get it back. I had a medical last year and heard it was good for 12 months, is this true?
Any ideas?
Old May 16th 2012, 5:13 pm
Stress Junkie

martyjay has much to be proud ofmartyjay has much to be proud ofmartyjay has much to be proud ofmartyjay has much to be proud ofmartyjay has much to be proud ofmartyjay has much to be proud ofmartyjay has much to be proud ofmartyjay has much to be proud ofmartyjay has much to be proud ofmartyjay has much to be proud ofmartyjay has much to be proud of

My OH Received the much awaited for e-mail. We finally have Sponsor approval. A big woohoo!! and a little dance followed.

Any ideas?
The medical is valid for a year and your landing date is usually the last day of that year (if I remember correctly) so it would be advisable to check you have enough time left on it.
Old May 16th 2012, 6:40 pm
Forum Regular

sarah_m will become famous soon enoughsarah_m will become famous soon enough

I've asked this before and I'll ask it again - with the longer processing times this year (or so it looks from the sponsorship timelines on the CIC website), how long do you all think it will take, on average, from start to finish this year, for common law spousal sponsorship outland? I posted mine at the end of Feb this year and haven't heard a thing yet (like everyone else). Am I being melodramatic worrying that I won't get PR until late this year/early next year? I can't stand being back in England and just want to move back
Old May 16th 2012, 6:50 pm
Temporary Canuck

mattieuk has much to be proud ofmattieuk has much to be proud ofmattieuk has much to be proud ofmattieuk has much to be proud ofmattieuk has much to be proud ofmattieuk has much to be proud ofmattieuk has much to be proud ofmattieuk has much to be proud ofmattieuk has much to be proud ofmattieuk has much to be proud ofmattieuk has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by sarah_m
I've asked this before and I'll ask it again - with the longer processing times this year (or so it looks from the sponsorship timelines on the CIC website), how long do you all think it will take, on average, from start to finish this year, for common law spousal sponsorship outland? I posted mine at the end of Feb this year and haven't heard a thing yet (like everyone else). Am I being melodramatic worrying that I won't get PR until late this year/early next year? I can't stand being back in England and just want to move back
I got my Decision Made status yesterday - so it looks to be 6 months (I had no requests for extra info, and didn't have to refill any application forms).
Old May 17th 2012, 12:14 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by sarah_m
5-6 months seems like the average.
Old May 17th 2012, 1:01 am
Just Joined

boredmonkeyman is an unknown quantity at this point

Got my COPR in the post today!!!!

It took me just over 4 months from when they received it. I seem to have been helped by having my sponsorship being approved just before the longer wait times began.

Thanks to everyone on here... I read lots of great information and shared tales of immigration that helped me get through all the forms, the process and the mild state of panic over the past few months.

Good luck to everyone still in the queue!
Old May 17th 2012, 2:34 am
Forum Regular

CANorBUST is an unknown quantity at this point

Yesterday "Decision Made", Today received our COPR and tonight flagpoled successfully! YEAH!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old May 17th 2012, 2:47 am
Forum Regular

So what exactly does "Sponsorship Approved" mean? Sorry to sound stupid, but to me that would mean that you were good to go...
Old May 17th 2012, 3:19 am
Temporary Canuck

mattieuk has much to be proud ofmattieuk has much to be proud ofmattieuk has much to be proud ofmattieuk has much to be proud ofmattieuk has much to be proud ofmattieuk has much to be proud ofmattieuk has much to be proud ofmattieuk has much to be proud ofmattieuk has much to be proud ofmattieuk has much to be proud ofmattieuk has much to be proud of

So what exactly does "Sponsorship Approved" mean? Sorry to sound stupid, but to me that would mean that you were good to go...

Nope - the sponsorship phase is purely assessing whether your sponsor is eligible to sponsor you or not - nothing else. In theory you could be a world renowned war criminal, and have a sponsor who fulfilled the requirements for a sponsor, and still be able to get to the second phase of the evaluation, which looks at the relationship, and the principle applicant.

Still no word from Conjonway - he is on a real similar timeline to me, so hoping we have some more progress that can be announced!
Old May 17th 2012, 3:34 am
Temporary Canuck

Originally Posted by CANorBUST
Yesterday "Decision Made", Today received our COPR and tonight flagpoled successfully! YEAH!!!!!!!!!!!!
Originally Posted by boredmonkeyman
Got my COPR in the post today!!!!
Did either of you have any changes to the online status update after decision made (i.e. a notification that COPR had been sent out?).
Old May 17th 2012, 1:43 pm
Just Joined

tracykate is an unknown quantity at this point

When submitting documents they all go intogether correct??? the sponsor and sponsored doc.

We are applying outside canada so does that mean all goes to london? in one go?
Old May 17th 2012, 2:31 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by mattieuk
Nope - the sponsorship phase is purely assessing whether your sponsor is eligible to sponsor you or not - nothing else. In theory you could be a world renowned war criminal, and have a sponsor who fulfilled the requirements for a sponsor, and still be able to get to the second phase of the evaluation, which looks at the relationship, and the principle applicant.

Still no word from Conjonway - he is on a real similar timeline to me, so hoping we have some more progress that can be announced!
So I guess it should be Sponsor approved?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.