Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London

Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London

Old May 17th 2012, 2:35 pm
Concierge

SchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond repute
Default re: Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London & Inland

Originally Posted by tracykate
When submitting documents they all go intogether correct??? the sponsor and sponsored doc.

We are applying outside canada so does that mean all goes to london? in one go?
The forms tell you pretty clearly what you're meant to do, and I'm sure it's all very clearly outlined on the Wiki... you put everything in together and send it to Mississauga, even if you're applying outland. CPC-M will process the sponsor (takes 3ish months) and then send the whole application to London for PR processing (another 3ish months).
Old May 17th 2012, 3:25 pm
Forum Regular

carley_jackson will become famous soon enough

Am I the only one that has a heart attack when ever someone asks a question about this or that. I start to question whether I did it all right! I'm a bloody nervous wreck and it's only been 18days lol.
Old May 17th 2012, 3:37 pm
Temporary Canuck

mattieuk has much to be proud ofmattieuk has much to be proud ofmattieuk has much to be proud ofmattieuk has much to be proud ofmattieuk has much to be proud ofmattieuk has much to be proud ofmattieuk has much to be proud ofmattieuk has much to be proud ofmattieuk has much to be proud ofmattieuk has much to be proud ofmattieuk has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by carley_jackson
Am I the only one that has a heart attack when ever someone asks a question about this or that. I start to question whether I did it all right! I'm a bloody nervous wreck and it's only been 18days lol.
I spent HOURS going over everything, and double checking everything.

And only after I sent it off I spent 2 weeks convincing myself I'd sent it to the wrong address - as originally I'd written the PO BOX number down, and had to change it when dropping it off with the courier.

This application will cause mental unstability of incredible proportions - enjoy!
Old May 17th 2012, 3:39 pm
Temporary Canuck

mattieuk has much to be proud ofmattieuk has much to be proud ofmattieuk has much to be proud ofmattieuk has much to be proud ofmattieuk has much to be proud ofmattieuk has much to be proud ofmattieuk has much to be proud ofmattieuk has much to be proud ofmattieuk has much to be proud ofmattieuk has much to be proud ofmattieuk has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by wesbray
So I guess it should be Sponsor approved?
Yeah - your sponsor is providing you with sponsorship.

This thread is for specifically spousal sponsorship PR applications (married and common law) - so if someone is posting in here at length - the'yre more than likely applying the same method as you.
Old May 17th 2012, 8:21 pm
Forum Regular

Bally21 has a reputation beyond reputeBally21 has a reputation beyond reputeBally21 has a reputation beyond reputeBally21 has a reputation beyond reputeBally21 has a reputation beyond reputeBally21 has a reputation beyond reputeBally21 has a reputation beyond reputeBally21 has a reputation beyond reputeBally21 has a reputation beyond reputeBally21 has a reputation beyond reputeBally21 has a reputation beyond repute

Hey everyone, just wanted to let you know I was approved as sponsor today May17th! App received Feb 8th so it was 99 days! It was approved from Ottawa. Onto stage two
Old May 17th 2012, 8:42 pm
Forum Regular

CANorBUST is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by mattieuk
Did either of you have any changes to the online status update after decision made (i.e. a notification that COPR had been sent out?).
No, nothing. My 'decision made' showed up on the website on the 15th of May but when we flagpoled, the border person said that it was approved on the 8th. It's taking them a long time to update the website.
Old May 17th 2012, 9:02 pm
Temporary Canuck

Originally Posted by CANorBUST
No, nothing. My 'decision made' showed up on the website on the 15th of May but when we flagpoled, the border person said that it was approved on the 8th. It's taking them a long time to update the website.

Wow - exciting stuff. I was expecting a 3-4 week wait from seeing my decision made status update. Now I can start getting really excited, as it could be here any day!

Oh - actually it might be delayed, I went on the change address part to make sure they had their info correct, and it just showed as blank, with only 'Burnaby, BC' showing - so I might have filled in a box wrong. I've sent a change of address request, but it may take 15 days to process apparently, so I might have a bit of waiting yet!
Old May 18th 2012, 6:25 pm
Just Joined

erinmcc174 is an unknown quantity at this point

I need some advice.... Ive been living in canada for almost a year and ive been with my partner for a year and a half as we met in New zealand. Anyway we are plannning on applying for the spousal visa once ive been here just over a year, we have all the proof, documents etc however my partner has recently quit his job and gone back to study to become an electrician, hes only doing a 6 month course then he will be qualified to work as an apprentice but during the 6 months he wont be working and he will be getting EI, which is like government funding for students. Im aware that the rules of the common law sponsorship state that you are not able to sponsor someone if you are on social assistance other than disability, so i guessing this would apply to that also. However we are going to apply for the visa after he finishes the 6 months and starts working again so he will no longer be getting the EI funding. What i really need to know is will this affect our visa application? does this rule only apply if hes is getting it at the time we apply or will the fact that he got it previously during my first year here mean that my application will be denied?

Any advice would be great!

THanks
Old May 19th 2012, 12:35 pm
Forum Regular

JakeCanada is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi guys, when usually do you here that they have received your application?
Old May 19th 2012, 12:48 pm
Concierge

SchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by JakeCanada
Hi guys, when usually do you here that they have received your application?
More often than not, you don't. We sent ours as a signed-for delivery, so we tracked it online and then saw that it was signed for by someone at CIC - that was the only "confirmation" we got that the application had been received. A handful of people have received emails saying their application has been received, but in about 95% of cases they don't even open the envelope until they start processing so until that point they don't have a way of contacting you. When did you send it, what method, from where, to where, and under what category (spousal, common-law, FSW, etc)?
Old May 19th 2012, 12:59 pm
Forum Regular

JakeCanada is an unknown quantity at this point

I sent it may 15th so I guess I wont here for a while, i know its there cause I tracked it I just figured they would send me a received notification I guess not - I am applying under the spousal category who knows when ill here.. lol thanks for your info
Old May 20th 2012, 2:50 am
Forum Regular

yzf.shaun is just really niceyzf.shaun is just really niceyzf.shaun is just really niceyzf.shaun is just really niceyzf.shaun is just really niceyzf.shaun is just really niceyzf.shaun is just really niceyzf.shaun is just really niceyzf.shaun is just really nice

Originally Posted by JakeCanada
I sent it may 15th so I guess I wont here for a while, i know its there cause I tracked it I just figured they would send me a received notification I guess not - I am applying under the spousal category who knows when ill here.. lol thanks for your info
The timeline on CIC for the first part of the process generally seems to be quite accurate so don't expect to hear anything until the site gets updated saying they are processing application received on your date.
Old May 20th 2012, 10:41 am
Forum Regular

Bally21 has a reputation beyond reputeBally21 has a reputation beyond reputeBally21 has a reputation beyond reputeBally21 has a reputation beyond reputeBally21 has a reputation beyond reputeBally21 has a reputation beyond reputeBally21 has a reputation beyond reputeBally21 has a reputation beyond reputeBally21 has a reputation beyond reputeBally21 has a reputation beyond reputeBally21 has a reputation beyond repute

We got sponsorship approval May17th and when I checked ecas today, it says application received in London and medical results received. I thought med results were requested/received when they started processing the app? Or does it show up right away?
Old May 21st 2012, 8:24 am
Concierge

Originally Posted by Bally21
We got sponsorship approval May17th and when I checked ecas today, it says application received in London and medical results received. I thought med results were requested/received when they started processing the app? Or does it show up right away?
If I'm not mistaken, the doctor's office will start processing your medicals after you get it done. There was a receipt/form you submitted with your package - the green one wiht the picture attached to it. The doctor's office kept the other copy of that form and sends it to CIC with your medical results. When London gets your package, they match up the medical results to the application file - at that point they say "medical results have been received" on ECAS. Last year when sponsor approval was happening quicker, applications were getting to London ahead of the application package. It also depends how much in advance your medicals were done; in my case, we did the medicals on December 13th; our application arrived at CPC-M on January 25th. By the time the application was received in London at the end of April, ECAS already said "medicals received".

HTH!
Old May 23rd 2012, 6:33 pm
Forum Regular

lordchewington is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi folks,
Just adding myself to the timeline 😊 our application was received by Mississauga on March 12th, so hope to hear about sponsor approval in the next couple of weeks.
I am on a 6 month visitor visa in Canada while waiting for PR, hopefully it comes through sharpish!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.