Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London

Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London

Old Feb 19th 2013, 3:32 pm
Forum Regular

markstimson is a splendid one to beholdmarkstimson is a splendid one to beholdmarkstimson is a splendid one to beholdmarkstimson is a splendid one to beholdmarkstimson is a splendid one to beholdmarkstimson is a splendid one to beholdmarkstimson is a splendid one to beholdmarkstimson is a splendid one to beholdmarkstimson is a splendid one to beholdmarkstimson is a splendid one to beholdmarkstimson is a splendid one to behold
Default re: Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London & Inland

Originally Posted by SchnookoLoly
Not going through 446 posts to try to find the exact one... but did a bit of google-fu and found this previous post:

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?p=9961727

About halfway down I posted how we split up the application and some examples.
Awesome thanks!
Old Feb 19th 2013, 3:36 pm
Forum Regular

michty6 is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by scottyxx
They opened mine june 12th, I got an update that they have started processing January 14th. Thats 7months time for me.

Hoping to hear something soon!

I sent them a rather angry email last week, so I think this may have spurred them on a little bit...
Hmm maybe this is where I'm going wrong. I was nice and cordial in the email I sent them, politely reminding them how rare it is for an application to be 'in progress' for more than 2 months. Maybe I should try a different approach...
Old Feb 19th 2013, 3:39 pm
BE Enthusiast

scottyxx is a jewel in the roughscottyxx is a jewel in the roughscottyxx is a jewel in the roughscottyxx is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by michty6
Hmm maybe this is where I'm going wrong. I was nice and cordial in the email I sent them, politely reminding them how rare it is for an application to be 'in progress' for more than 2 months. Maybe I should try a different approach...
Mine wasnt even in process, mine was "Received" for 7 months! I pointed out this was over the processing time in which I applied, and Ive heard nothing, and I am panicking because of my last incident.
Old Feb 19th 2013, 8:20 pm

Jim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond repute

You seem to be ignoring the problem with relying on Ecas for up-to-date information. And bothering the visa office with your concerns is therefore not a good policy. I believe that both of you are well within the 9 month processing experience of 80% of applicants.
Old Feb 19th 2013, 8:56 pm
Forum Regular

Jim - are you talking about 9 months from the date London received your application? Or 9 months in total?
Old Feb 19th 2013, 9:35 pm

Jim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond repute

At present it would be 11 months total with 9 being the number once the application hits the London office.
Old Feb 19th 2013, 9:38 pm
Forum Regular

Yeh when I sent off my application the Stage 1 was 75 days and Stage 2 was 8 months. Since then the first part has shortened a little and the second part got longer but I'm pretty sure these are the numbers at the time my application hit each stage. Which means I am about ~30 days from going over this total proposed time...
Old Feb 19th 2013, 10:45 pm

The most common "delay" is for the background check and that will depend on how many and which countries the applicant has lived in. It is not a simple criminal check.
Old Feb 20th 2013, 1:23 pm
Forum Regular

So woke up this morning and checked my emails in my phone had an email from the ECAS tracker saying that my ECAS had been updated. I thought that finally this thing was over and I could move on with my life.

Logged into ECAS, no change.

So I checked the email and it turns out this is just the tracker now emailing me to say my application went 'in progress' - which it did over 6 weeks ago.

At this point I'm pretty sure someone is just toying with me.
Old Feb 20th 2013, 1:24 pm
Forum Regular

Also there is a new spreadsheet (with the old info copied over) since the owner of the old one isn't around to sort out the problems with that. I have editor access - let me know if anyone wants to add anything https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...GeVZxYVE#gid=0
Old Feb 20th 2013, 1:30 pm
Concierge

SchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond repute

Also there is a new spreadsheet (with the old info copied over) since the owner of the old one isn't around to sort out the problems with that. I have editor access - let me know if anyone wants to add anything https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...GeVZxYVE#gid=0
Nice. I've had my file done for awhile, but happy to help out as I kill a lot of time around here.

Hope things with your file get sorted soon!
Old Feb 20th 2013, 4:27 pm
Stress Junkie

martyjay has much to be proud ofmartyjay has much to be proud ofmartyjay has much to be proud ofmartyjay has much to be proud ofmartyjay has much to be proud ofmartyjay has much to be proud ofmartyjay has much to be proud ofmartyjay has much to be proud ofmartyjay has much to be proud ofmartyjay has much to be proud ofmartyjay has much to be proud of

Finally received the post I have been waiting for. My COPR arrived this morning. I can finally relax. planning on a trip to the states next week to 'land'.
Good luck to you all who are still waiting, Try not to stress too much, it will come.
Old Feb 20th 2013, 4:51 pm
Forum Regular

carley_jackson will become famous soon enough

Feel free to update me on the spreadsheet
Old Feb 20th 2013, 4:53 pm
Forum Regular

carley_jackson will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by martyjay
Finally received the post I have been waiting for. My COPR arrived this morning. I can finally relax. planning on a trip to the states next week to 'land'.
Good luck to you all who are still waiting, Try not to stress too much, it will come.
Hubby landed Monday! It was easy, took ten minutes and the border agents were incredibly friendly despite me being overly emotional that it was over lol
Old Feb 20th 2013, 4:55 pm
Stress Junkie

martyjay has much to be proud ofmartyjay has much to be proud ofmartyjay has much to be proud ofmartyjay has much to be proud ofmartyjay has much to be proud ofmartyjay has much to be proud ofmartyjay has much to be proud ofmartyjay has much to be proud ofmartyjay has much to be proud ofmartyjay has much to be proud ofmartyjay has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by carley_jackson
Hubby landed Monday! It was easy, took ten minutes and the border agents were incredibly friendly despite me being overly emotional that it was over lol
I hope it is for me, but knowing my luck they will make a big deal out of the fact some prat within the post office folded my COPR. lol

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.