Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London

Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London

Old Nov 28th 2011, 5:58 am
Forum Regular

Jamesdavid3 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default re: Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London & Inland

I'm currently looking into getting this Visa, I should be applying after I have moved to Canada in January and then live with my girlfriend for a year whos Canadian.

I am Shocked to find out that some of you are Married yet you still cant stay in the same country as your partner, that just sounds crazy that they cant let you in the country under that.
Old Nov 29th 2011, 1:20 am
Forum Regular

rodderzzz is a jewel in the roughrodderzzz is a jewel in the roughrodderzzz is a jewel in the roughrodderzzz is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by rodderzzz
Well they moved from the 8th to the 16th in five working days, that means they are processing roughly 1.6 days worth of applications per day. By the calculation, ours should have been processed on Monday morning! Hopefully something comes through the post today!
still waiting to hear something!
Old Nov 29th 2011, 1:56 am
BE Enthusiast

123me is an unknown quantity at this point

Hopefully you will hear something this week. We are all waiting for you!
Old Nov 29th 2011, 6:37 pm
Forum Regular

rodderzzz is a jewel in the roughrodderzzz is a jewel in the roughrodderzzz is a jewel in the roughrodderzzz is a jewel in the rough

Just to let everyone know we have had a letter through this morning! I have missed one signature on the application forms so I have to refill it! I don't know exactly what yet as I just had a call off the missus! At least it's not a rejection!

Anyway, has this happened to others before? I'm looking at it as a good thing because if they were going to reject me they would have just done that instead of getting me to sign the one form i missed! Ami I right or just optimistic?

Also, does the original date of my application received still stand? Or will I have to get new police checks done now because it's over three months since they were completed?

Also, will I know have to wait another two months in line again? or do I jump up the queue as its just an alteration?

Thanks, Rod
Old Nov 29th 2011, 7:14 pm
BE Enthusiast

victorfoxtrot has a reputation beyond reputevictorfoxtrot has a reputation beyond reputevictorfoxtrot has a reputation beyond reputevictorfoxtrot has a reputation beyond reputevictorfoxtrot has a reputation beyond reputevictorfoxtrot has a reputation beyond reputevictorfoxtrot has a reputation beyond reputevictorfoxtrot has a reputation beyond reputevictorfoxtrot has a reputation beyond reputevictorfoxtrot has a reputation beyond reputevictorfoxtrot has a reputation beyond repute

Just to let everyone know we have had a letter through this morning! I have missed one signature on the application forms so I have to refill it! I don't know exactly what yet as I just had a call off the missus! At least it's not a rejection!

Anyway, has this happened to others before? I'm looking at it as a good thing because if they were going to reject me they would have just done that instead of getting me to sign the one form i missed! Ami I right or just optimistic?

Also, does the original date of my application received still stand? Or will I have to get new police checks done now because it's over three months since they were completed?

Also, will I know have to wait another two months in line again? or do I jump up the queue as its just an alteration?

Thanks, Rod
Ooooh not sure, let's hope they just await your re-signed form and then continue. I wouldn't have thought it would put you at the back of the queue again. So I take it the letter was just about this rather than your first stage approval? WRT police checks, I don't know, thing is whether they will have the foresight to tell you now that they will need re-doing is another question! At least you know they have it, and I am sure you will hear again shortly that you have first stage approval. Fingers crossed.
Old Nov 29th 2011, 7:57 pm
BE Enthusiast

Thanks, Rod
I would think your place in queue woudl be the same, and they will just continue once they have what they require. That is my fear as well, that I forgot to sign something.
Old Nov 30th 2011, 12:30 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by 123me
I would think your place in queue woudl be the same, and they will just continue once they have what they require. That is my fear as well, that I forgot to sign something.
Ok, here is the scoop! I missed one signature on the IMM 5054 form to confirm I dont have any kids! Frustrating but there we go!

Have resent it, the letter came with a pre-addressed sticky label to go to one particular officer so I guess as soon as it turns up they will process the application as completed.

The letter was dates Nov. 16th, so it took just under two weeks to get a letter from Ontario to BC, which is pretty astonishing!!!

The letter also included a UCI number, can someone confirm that this means we can now check our status online?
Old Nov 30th 2011, 12:59 am
Just Joined

t29ylr is an unknown quantity at this point

Ok, here is the scoop! I missed one signature on the IMM 5054 form to confirm I dont have any kids! Frustrating but there we go!

Have resent it, the letter came with a pre-addressed sticky label to go to one particular officer so I guess as soon as it turns up they will process the application as completed.

The letter was dates Nov. 16th, so it took just under two weeks to get a letter from Ontario to BC, which is pretty astonishing!!!

The letter also included a UCI number, can someone confirm that this means we can now check our status online?
yes you can with a uci number
Old Nov 30th 2011, 7:56 am
Forum Regular

shudda is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks, Rod
From what I've read on here over the last couple of years worth of posts, it seems to be that they ask for corrections at the end of the process. I think I remember reading some people had been ask to resend or add something and then got approval right away. So fingers crossed!!!
Old Dec 5th 2011, 11:24 am
Forum Regular

lozzyblue is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello all - just wanted to mark my spot as we finally finished our paperwork this weekend and the courier has just been to collect it so that's it - it has now officially started it's journey to Mississauga!!

we got everything and completed it all correctly!

Good luck to anyone else going through the final stages of paperwork now and of course to everyone still waiting
Old Dec 5th 2011, 11:34 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by lozzyblue
Hello all - just wanted to mark my spot as we finally finished our paperwork this weekend and the courier has just been to collect it so that's it - it has now officially started it's journey to Mississauga!!

we got everything and completed it all correctly!

Good luck to anyone else going through the final stages of paperwork now and of course to everyone still waiting
Right, it is a great feeling when the paperwork is sent. Having said that, when we were doing the paperwork I felt like I was being productive....the waiting now is the tougher then I expected.
Old Dec 5th 2011, 11:37 am
Forum Regular

Right, it is a great feeling when the paperwork is sent. Having said that, when we were doing the paperwork I felt like I was being productive....the waiting now is the tougher then I expected.
I can imagine! I have no patience at the best of times

You can't be far off receiving sponsorship approval tho? Hasn't that been taking around a month?
Old Dec 5th 2011, 11:47 am
BE Enthusiast

I can imagine! I have no patience at the best of times

You can't be far off receiving sponsorship approval tho? Hasn't that been taking around a month?
Sponsorship approval right now is around 66 days. Well, that is when they look at your application. So for us, that will be in January, and with Christmas I think mid January. Right now CIC is working on application received by September the 16th.
Old Dec 5th 2011, 12:22 pm
Forum Regular

Sponsorship approval right now is around 66 days. Well, that is when they look at your application. So for us, that will be in January, and with Christmas I think mid January. Right now CIC is working on application received by September the 16th.
Ah ok - well, with Christmas etc to get through mid Jan will be here in no time and you will be one step closer!
Old Dec 5th 2011, 12:45 pm
BE Enthusiast

Ah ok - well, with Christmas etc to get through mid Jan will be here in no time and you will be one step closer!
Right, and one step closer after many many years apart will be terrific.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.