Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London

Wikiposts

Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London

Old Nov 21st 2011, 10:26 am
BE Enthusiast

victorfoxtrot has a reputation beyond reputevictorfoxtrot has a reputation beyond reputevictorfoxtrot has a reputation beyond reputevictorfoxtrot has a reputation beyond reputevictorfoxtrot has a reputation beyond reputevictorfoxtrot has a reputation beyond reputevictorfoxtrot has a reputation beyond reputevictorfoxtrot has a reputation beyond reputevictorfoxtrot has a reputation beyond reputevictorfoxtrot has a reputation beyond reputevictorfoxtrot has a reputation beyond repute
Default re: Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London & Inland

Originally Posted by janham
Hi Victorfoxtrot,

Did you ask them to contact you by letter or did you leave your e-mail as well and they just sent a letter? just wondering how we will hear as we will be on our reece when it is expected, that's not unless it goes super quick but I don't think so as we are off to Canada next week.
We included both our email addresses on the application, and they chose to inform us by letter. It seems to be down to the person handling your application how they choose to inform you of the decision - there is no rhyme or reason as far as I can tell. They do say that if you get a letter they will NOT inform you by email also.
Old Nov 21st 2011, 6:34 pm
Forum Regular

janham is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by victorfoxtrot
We included both our email addresses on the application, and they chose to inform us by letter. It seems to be down to the person handling your application how they choose to inform you of the decision - there is no rhyme or reason as far as I can tell. They do say that if you get a letter they will NOT inform you by email also.
Thanks VT, when are you thinking of going over? will you wait for Stage 2?
Old Nov 21st 2011, 11:41 pm
Forum Regular

shudda is an unknown quantity at this point

Hey guys

Can someone please confirm for me that we can land from wherever we want? As in, if we're in the States, we can land from there right?

Basically my boyfriend and I plan to go to NYC in February and wait for the PPR request there. Then we'll go to the Buffalo/Niagara border to get to Toronto.

I'm sure that this is fine but just wanted to check. Our stuff will be shipped directly to Toronto when we head to NYC.

Thanks as always x
Old Nov 22nd 2011, 2:52 am
Forum Regular

jrr773 is an unknown quantity at this point

Janham - I could have gone last year as a temporary resident but you should note that temp residents can't work (legally at least) or draw on public services (healthcare is an issue for me), I guess that is what you or your partner would be if you don't have the PR visa completed. Also if you move before the sponsored person is approved you would need to provide CIC with your address details in Canada. Just to make you aware of possible issues. Good luck.
Old Nov 22nd 2011, 2:57 am
Forum Regular

jrr773 is an unknown quantity at this point

Are you definitely sure the package arrived - i.e. did you have it tracked to confirm delivery. I guess that is the first step.
I sent a message to CIC but then my wife said the tracking delivery of our package showed 19th September as delivery point in Canada. How the hell it took nearly 4 weeks to get there when most packages seem to arrive in a few days I don't know. Hopefully we'll get news very soon.
Old Nov 22nd 2011, 3:43 am
Forum Regular

CanadianTash is an unknown quantity at this point

Well i finally sent off our application, and am joining everyone in the waiting process. Here's hoping to smooth sailing!!!
Old Nov 22nd 2011, 4:10 am
BE Enthusiast

victorfoxtrot has a reputation beyond reputevictorfoxtrot has a reputation beyond reputevictorfoxtrot has a reputation beyond reputevictorfoxtrot has a reputation beyond reputevictorfoxtrot has a reputation beyond reputevictorfoxtrot has a reputation beyond reputevictorfoxtrot has a reputation beyond reputevictorfoxtrot has a reputation beyond reputevictorfoxtrot has a reputation beyond reputevictorfoxtrot has a reputation beyond reputevictorfoxtrot has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Janham - I'm here already as a visitor just twiddling my thumbs and trying to be a good housewife whilst awaiting the final stage. My boyfriend can't wait for me to start applying for jobs in the new year (hopefully when I get PR) so we can have two wages coming in!
Old Nov 22nd 2011, 4:29 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by jrr773
Janham - I could have gone last year as a temporary resident but you should note that temp residents can't work (legally at least) or draw on public services (healthcare is an issue for me), I guess that is what you or your partner would be if you don't have the PR visa completed. Also if you move before the sponsored person is approved you would need to provide CIC with your address details in Canada. Just to make you aware of possible issues. Good luck.
Thanks jrr773, yes we know, I did jump the gun at first and had a provisional job offer but remembered I don't have that shiny visa yet lol. We are going to pay for heathcare insurance for me and I'll let London know but just wish the flippin CIC wd update quicker it took so long week lol
Old Nov 22nd 2011, 4:42 am
Forum Regular

rodderzzz is a jewel in the roughrodderzzz is a jewel in the roughrodderzzz is a jewel in the roughrodderzzz is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by jrr773
I sent a message to CIC but then my wife said the tracking delivery of our package showed 19th September as delivery point in Canada. How the hell it took nearly 4 weeks to get there when most packages seem to arrive in a few days I don't know. Hopefully we'll get news very soon.
Ours arrived on the 12th but we've not heard anything yet, starting to get a bit nervous.
Old Nov 22nd 2011, 7:29 am
Forum Regular

Hi Janham - I'm here already as a visitor just twiddling my thumbs and trying to be a good housewife whilst awaiting the final stage. My boyfriend can't wait for me to start applying for jobs in the new year (hopefully when I get PR) so we can have two wages coming in!
Good luck Victor foxtrot, I hope to be twiddling mine next January for a little while anyway lol
Old Nov 22nd 2011, 7:57 am
Forum Regular

kmcmull1985 is an unknown quantity at this point

Just another question to anyone able to answer...When PR VISA is issued do you have to go pretty quickly or just as long as it's before medical expires?? Thanks
Old Nov 22nd 2011, 12:56 pm
PMM
Lost in BE Cyberspace

PMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond repute

Hi

Originally Posted by kmcmull1985
Just another question to anyone able to answer...When PR VISA is issued do you have to go pretty quickly or just as long as it's before medical expires?? Thanks

The COPR will be valid for 1 year from the date of the medical or expiry of the passport, whichever comes first.
Old Nov 23rd 2011, 12:05 pm
Forum Regular

rodderzzz is a jewel in the roughrodderzzz is a jewel in the roughrodderzzz is a jewel in the roughrodderzzz is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by rodderzzz
Ours arrived on the 12th but we've not heard anything yet, starting to get a bit nervous.
Well, it says they are dealing with the 16th Sept now and ours was received on the 12th starting to feel pretty depressed about the whole thing
Old Nov 23rd 2011, 12:43 pm
BE Enthusiast

123me is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by rodderzzz
Well, it says they are dealing with the 16th Sept now and ours was received on the 12th starting to feel pretty depressed about the whole thing
Maybe your approval letter is in the mail, because I remember someone else got approved on Nov. 4th but did not hear anything till the 11th or so.
Old Nov 23rd 2011, 2:06 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by 123me
Maybe your approval letter is in the mail, because I remember someone else got approved on Nov. 4th but did not hear anything till the 11th or so.
Yes me! Letter was dated 4 Nov, but it didn't arrive in the mail until the 9 Nov. No email either, so we waited 5 days extra.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.