Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London

Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London

Old Jan 4th 2012, 1:58 am
Forum Regular

carrin is an unknown quantity at this point
Default re: Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London & Inland

Originally Posted by 123me
Right, I know the holidays slows everything down.
Ha! What happened to "Back to work people, chop chop!!"

Ahh if only everyone was as motivated as me! :P
Old Jan 5th 2012, 11:53 am
Forum Regular

CANorBUST is an unknown quantity at this point

We just sent off the million page VISA Spousal app today! Arghhh....what a tonne of work. Fingers crossed. I'm sure they will have a backlog of apps from the Christmas period.
Old Jan 5th 2012, 1:01 pm
BE Enthusiast

123me is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by CANorBUST
We just sent off the million page VISA Spousal app today! Arghhh....what a tonne of work. Fingers crossed. I'm sure they will have a backlog of apps from the Christmas period.
I bet it is a great feeling to have it sent off, enjoy that feeling, as soon enough you will be waiting and waiting.
Old Jan 5th 2012, 1:08 pm
Forum Regular

shudda is an unknown quantity at this point

Congrats CANorBUST! It's an amazing feeling! I actually felt quite sick once it was in the post and out of my hands!!

Try your best to forget about it - it makes the time go faster
Old Jan 5th 2012, 1:21 pm
Forum Regular

carrin is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by shudda
Congrats CANorBUST! It's an amazing feeling! I actually felt quite sick once it was in the post and out of my hands!!
I burst into tears, great big sobbing tears, right in the post office. Thankfully I could compose myself in minutes.

Congrats to CANorBUST.. join the crew of us waiters
Old Jan 5th 2012, 2:18 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by carrin
I burst into tears, great big sobbing tears, right in the post office. Thankfully I could compose myself in minutes.

Carrin, I cried as well at the post office...it was such an overwhelming feeling. I think you are right Shudda, I think the time probably does go faster if we get on with our lives.
Old Jan 5th 2012, 4:39 pm
Forum Regular

yzf.shaun is just really niceyzf.shaun is just really niceyzf.shaun is just really niceyzf.shaun is just really niceyzf.shaun is just really niceyzf.shaun is just really niceyzf.shaun is just really niceyzf.shaun is just really niceyzf.shaun is just really nice

Our application was recieved on the 8th November but as yet we haven't heard a thing. It would be nice to get the acknowledgment email from them.
Old Jan 5th 2012, 6:09 pm
Forum Regular

CANorBUST is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by carrin

It is so overwhelming isn't it. I checked it over 10 times but can't help myself thinking that I missed a signature or forgot to enter info in one of the boxes. Oh well. Now to wait....
Old Jan 5th 2012, 6:39 pm
Forum Regular

Bally21 has a reputation beyond reputeBally21 has a reputation beyond reputeBally21 has a reputation beyond reputeBally21 has a reputation beyond reputeBally21 has a reputation beyond reputeBally21 has a reputation beyond reputeBally21 has a reputation beyond reputeBally21 has a reputation beyond reputeBally21 has a reputation beyond reputeBally21 has a reputation beyond reputeBally21 has a reputation beyond repute

Another question!

It says copies of originals must be notarized. Is this for every copy of everything?? I photocopies loads of utility bills with our names on it, birth certs, passports etc. Do every one of these need notarized?

edited: Also it says it helps speed up the processing time if you include the RPRF. If we send off his application this month with the application processing fees ($475 + $75), then next month we pay the RPRF and send the receipt in Feb. Would this be acceptable do you think?

Last edited by Bally21; Jan 5th 2012 at 6:50 pm.
Old Jan 5th 2012, 7:38 pm
Forum Regular

kmcmull1985 is an unknown quantity at this point

I am sponsoring my husband and son as I am a Canadian citizen as my mother was born there.

Just last week we sent off photocopies of my husband and sons passports, passport pics as requested. What happens now? Is this pretty much the last stage? In saying that we have been advised not to quit jobs, sell house, book flights etc? Could things still go wrong at this point?

We applied initially in the summer 2010- but got a bit held up with having a baby etc etc- so we put our paperwork on hold and things started to kick off again in November time. Hubby had to renew police check and medical as these had both expired. Medical expires again in April- so hoping to be out by then

Not a good example for our case to go on this timeline/spreadsheet as we have stopped and started over the last 2 years. Things seem to be moving quickly from November 2011

Checked CIC case and decision has now been made for my husband- it says the embassy will be in touch. All feeling quite real at the minute!
Old Jan 5th 2012, 7:49 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by yzf.shaun
Our application was recieved on the 8th November but as yet we haven't heard a thing. It would be nice to get the acknowledgment email from them.

Our application was received Nov. 3rd, we got our first email Dec. 10th saying they received our application.
Old Jan 6th 2012, 12:27 am
BE Enthusiast

Just checked CIC, my husband's medical was received.
Old Jan 6th 2012, 12:29 am
Forum Regular

lozzyblue is an unknown quantity at this point

Our application was received Nov. 3rd, we got our first email Dec. 10th saying they received our application.
CIC website says they're working on applications received oct 26th for sponsorship approval... Is this totally inaccurate seeing as some have approval already whose applications were received beginning of November?
Old Jan 6th 2012, 12:30 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by lozzyblue
CIC website says they're working on applications received oct 26th for sponsorship approval... Is this totally inaccurate seeing as some have approval already whose applications were received beginning of November?
Right, it is inaccurate....keep checking your email.
Old Jan 6th 2012, 12:43 am
Forum Regular

lozzyblue is an unknown quantity at this point

Right, it is inaccurate....keep checking your email.
Oh don't worry - I am!! LOL

Sure it'll be a while yet tho - we're a month behind you!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.