Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London

Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London

Old Jan 6th 2012, 12:45 am
Forum Regular

lozzyblue is an unknown quantity at this point
Default re: Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London & Inland

Originally Posted by 123me
Right, it is inaccurate....keep checking your email.
Just seen your post about your husbands medical - Great news! Does that mean its all in LOndon now?
Old Jan 6th 2012, 1:11 am
BE Enthusiast

123me is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by lozzyblue
Just seen your post about your husbands medical - Great news! Does that mean its all in LOndon now?
Yep, it is in London, just waiting for the medicals to be cleared, and then passport request.....I am thinking! I am still in shock, as I checked CIC website today about 3 times, and then thought, stop it, stop checking you won't hear anything new till at least February.
Old Jan 6th 2012, 1:17 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by 123me
Yep, it is in London, just waiting for the medicals to be cleared, and then passport request.....I am thinking! I am still in shock, as I checked CIC website today about 3 times, and then thought, stop it, stop checking you won't hear anything new till at least February.
WOW!!! So if you're right in thinking that then yours will go down as one of the fastest for processing right?! Do you know how long it has tal for others to get from medicals received to ppr? It's usually only a few weeks to get your passports back then isn't it?

I really hope we're not set back too far with Xmas! Suddenly I can't stop thinking about it.
Old Jan 6th 2012, 1:21 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by lozzyblue
WOW!!! So if you're right in thinking that then yours will go down as one of the fastest for processing right?! Do you know how long it has tal for others to get from medicals received to ppr? It's usually only a few weeks to get your passports back then isn't it?

I really hope we're not set back too far with Xmas! Suddenly I can't stop thinking about it.
No, I don't know how long it has taken others to get their passport requests after medicals received. I never thought we would be at this stage right now, so I will check the forum tomorrow to see if I can get any information on that. Once my husband sends in his passport I think it is a couple of weeks to get it back. That I do recall reading somewhere.
Old Jan 6th 2012, 8:55 am
Forum Regular

shudda is an unknown quantity at this point

I'm only one week behind 123me and I still haven't heard anything

I'm guessing the time lines might be accurate and some officers are just quicker...?!
Old Jan 6th 2012, 9:53 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by shudda
I'm only one week behind 123me and I still haven't heard anything

I'm guessing the time lines might be accurate and some officers are just quicker...?!
Shudda, you haven't had a confirmation email? How frustrating!! Altho like you said it could just be luck that 123me has had such a quick turnaround so far. I guess that week difference could also have meant you got caught up in the Xmas period which I'm assuming would cause a delay?

I guess we really shouldn't expect anything quicker than what the CIC quotes then we wouldn't be so disappointed! Easier said than done eh?!
Old Jan 6th 2012, 3:16 pm
Forum Regular

shudda is an unknown quantity at this point

Haven't received a thing! Was hoping it would have been this week due to Christmas but my 68/70 days come up in just over a week so will sit tight til then!!
Old Jan 6th 2012, 3:25 pm
BE Enthusiast

Haven't received a thing! Was hoping it would have been this week due to Christmas but my 68/70 days come up in just over a week so will sit tight til then!!
The day is not over yet shudda, hang tough!
Old Jan 6th 2012, 6:52 pm
Forum Regular

kmcmull1985 is an unknown quantity at this point

Wow...just received COPR this afternoon- that was much quicker than we expected- we only sent it to London last Thursday and thought it would be held up with the New Year holidays etc?!...obviously not.

Notice to work is handed in to finish March 30th- ready to leave first week of April before hubbys medical expires in mid April! Time to start booking flights me thinks. Any recommendations for airline to use?

...soo much to do!!! All feeling very soon and real!!!Eek. All the best for those still waiting
Old Jan 6th 2012, 9:02 pm
Forum Regular

carrin is an unknown quantity at this point

Shudda.. not to worry! My app was sent at the same time as 123me and we just received the email of receipt Dec 29th. Nothing on sponsor approval or anything yet. They seem to be in only general order of receipt and maybe she had a very happy agent working on hers!
Old Jan 7th 2012, 1:40 pm
Just Joined

Stevo78x is an unknown quantity at this point

My docs were sent and received on October 21st, so I have been expecting a mail for the past week or so - whats the general view then on how long you have to wait once your date comes up?

Also how long would you wait before contacting CIC and who do you contact if you are still in the UK?
Old Jan 8th 2012, 8:20 am
Forum Regular

janham is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Stevo78x
My docs were sent and received on October 21st, so I have been expecting a mail for the past week or so - whats the general view then on how long you have to wait once your date comes up?

Also how long would you wait before contacting CIC and who do you contact if you are still in the UK?
Hi,

We hadn't heard anything in December, sent ours 19th September, rec'd 26th September so we then went on the CIC website and contacted them and the next day we rec'd an e-mail back. Since then we've had a few as though they are replying to our e-mail and also like we are being notified for the first time. Someone said things do get mixed up and it looks like they really are to us. Maybe we are just lucky like that. Now hoping the next stage maybe further along than we'd expected with the mix up

See our timeline on my signature below.
Old Jan 8th 2012, 9:11 pm
Forum Regular

Bally21 has a reputation beyond reputeBally21 has a reputation beyond reputeBally21 has a reputation beyond reputeBally21 has a reputation beyond reputeBally21 has a reputation beyond reputeBally21 has a reputation beyond reputeBally21 has a reputation beyond reputeBally21 has a reputation beyond reputeBally21 has a reputation beyond reputeBally21 has a reputation beyond reputeBally21 has a reputation beyond repute

Not to be a downer, but does anyone know of someone who DIDN'T get approved as sponsor or the principal applicant was turned down? And if so, why?
Old Jan 8th 2012, 11:19 pm
PMM
Lost in BE Cyberspace

PMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond repute

Hi

Originally Posted by Bally21
Not to be a downer, but does anyone know of someone who DIDN'T get approved as sponsor or the principal applicant was turned down? And if so, why?
Sure, from 01/10/10 to 31/09/11 Worldwide there were 31,213 sponsorships received for spouses and children. 5,494 refused and 2,039 withdrawn.

Mostly marriages of convenience or sponsor married prior to "landing" and spouse wasn't examined.
Old Jan 8th 2012, 11:22 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by PMM
Hi

Sure, from 01/10/10 to 31/09/11 Worldwide there were 31,213 sponsorships received for spouses and children. 5,494 refused and 2,039 withdrawn.

Mostly marriages of convenience or sponsor married prior to "landing" and spouse wasn't examined.
Wow, 31,213 in one year....no wonder there is a queue!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.