Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London

Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London

Old Jan 13th 2012, 7:50 am
Forum Regular

lozzyblue is an unknown quantity at this point
Default re: Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London & Inland

Not sure if anyone has seen this yet but stage one processing times on the CIC site have gone up to 74 days
Old Jan 13th 2012, 9:22 am
Forum Regular

Canuck_eh is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by lozzyblue
Not sure if anyone has seen this yet but stage one processing times on the CIC site have gone up to 74 days
not only that they manage to only move the date from Oct 26 to 27. Lots of catching up but lets stay positive that will see November next week.
Old Jan 13th 2012, 9:25 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Canuck_eh
not only that they manage to only move the date from Oct 26 to 27. Lots of catching up but lets stay positive that will see November next week.
Yes I noticed that too but thought I had it wrong! I'm trying to keep positive - there are some people that have had approval in half that time and it could be us!
Old Jan 13th 2012, 10:06 am
Forum Regular

shudda is an unknown quantity at this point

I honestly think it's easier to follow time lines on here and on PinkLady's spreadsheet!

Ours was received the 9th of November in Mississauga and we got an email earlier in the week saying they had received it - so they're processing it now.

And look at 123me's timeline - it's amazing and nothing like CIC's online numbers! So who knows?!! ARGH!! The only plan is to keep smiling and be thankful for anything less than 8 months I think
Old Jan 13th 2012, 10:29 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by shudda
I honestly think it's easier to follow time lines on here and on PinkLady's spreadsheet!

Ours was received the 9th of November in Mississauga and we got an email earlier in the week saying they had received it - so they're processing it now.

And look at 123me's timeline - it's amazing and nothing like CIC's online numbers! So who knows?!! ARGH!! The only plan is to keep smiling and be thankful for anything less than 8 months I think
Well said!!
Old Jan 13th 2012, 2:49 pm
BE Enthusiast

exenglishman has a reputation beyond reputeexenglishman has a reputation beyond reputeexenglishman has a reputation beyond reputeexenglishman has a reputation beyond reputeexenglishman has a reputation beyond reputeexenglishman has a reputation beyond reputeexenglishman has a reputation beyond reputeexenglishman has a reputation beyond reputeexenglishman has a reputation beyond reputeexenglishman has a reputation beyond reputeexenglishman has a reputation beyond repute

I guess its to be expected with Christmas, I still feel obliged to type a very sarcastic 'brilliant' though
Old Jan 13th 2012, 4:47 pm
Forum Regular

janham is an unknown quantity at this point

janham are you packing to move?? Do you think there's a chance of stage 2 processing that fast for you? I will keep my fingers crossed!! How exciting!
Yes, we are going in the next 2 weeks but can't really see we'll hear anything until we are over there so forwarding our address to the CIC
Old Jan 13th 2012, 10:06 pm
Forum Regular

Bally21 has a reputation beyond reputeBally21 has a reputation beyond reputeBally21 has a reputation beyond reputeBally21 has a reputation beyond reputeBally21 has a reputation beyond reputeBally21 has a reputation beyond reputeBally21 has a reputation beyond reputeBally21 has a reputation beyond reputeBally21 has a reputation beyond reputeBally21 has a reputation beyond reputeBally21 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by janham
Ohhh I thought you'd heard something then 123me

Same as us it can't be helped, saying that we are not doing it as often as we are packing to go over to Canada at the moment, it would be good to sort it before we go though
Janham, are you entering canada with dual intent then? If so, what are your plans for this?
Old Jan 14th 2012, 10:57 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Bally21
Janham, are you entering canada with dual intent then? If so, what are your plans for this?
You sound like an Immigration Officer Bally21, This is a normal thing to do, you take your paperwork and explain your intention to Immigration, you can stay for 6 months and then apply for a 6 month extension on as a visitor if you haven't got your PR. If you don't get PR they will simply throw you out if you don't leave volunterily.

Is that what you are asking me?
Old Jan 14th 2012, 12:21 pm
BE Enthusiast

victorfoxtrot has a reputation beyond reputevictorfoxtrot has a reputation beyond reputevictorfoxtrot has a reputation beyond reputevictorfoxtrot has a reputation beyond reputevictorfoxtrot has a reputation beyond reputevictorfoxtrot has a reputation beyond reputevictorfoxtrot has a reputation beyond reputevictorfoxtrot has a reputation beyond reputevictorfoxtrot has a reputation beyond reputevictorfoxtrot has a reputation beyond reputevictorfoxtrot has a reputation beyond repute

You sound like an Immigration Officer Bally21, This is a normal thing to do, you take your paperwork and explain your intention to Immigration, you can stay for 6 months and then apply for a 6 month extension on as a visitor if you haven't got your PR. If you don't get PR they will simply throw you out if you don't leave volunterily.

I did it last week. We flew back to the UK for Christmas, so I just made sure I took my letter of sponsorship approval with me. I also had a return flight booked, but to be honest I wasn't asked once whether I had one (not at check in in the UK or upon arrival in Canada). I just explained to the lady at the border check that I was here as a visitor, but that I had a common-law family class application in process, and she said fine, and said she would have to send me through to the immigration room. She was really nice. Then I saw another chap in there, again very nice too, and explained my situation. He could see on the computer my application had been lodged and he gave me a years visitor visa record attached in my passport. All very easy.
Old Jan 14th 2012, 1:03 pm
Forum Regular

Bally21 has a reputation beyond reputeBally21 has a reputation beyond reputeBally21 has a reputation beyond reputeBally21 has a reputation beyond reputeBally21 has a reputation beyond reputeBally21 has a reputation beyond reputeBally21 has a reputation beyond reputeBally21 has a reputation beyond reputeBally21 has a reputation beyond reputeBally21 has a reputation beyond reputeBally21 has a reputation beyond repute

Hahaha yes I do!! Sorry, its just we want to do dual intent in June if the visa hasn't come by then, so am looking for more stories of it (I've trawled the forum for old threads) to see how we can increase our chances of it being successful!!
Old Jan 14th 2012, 1:42 pm
Best place on earth. BC.

MegRobEarlee is an unknown quantity at this point

Quick question for everyone. Do you send all the paperwork together for spousal or do you wait until cic requests medical before you send that? Also I am confused do you initially apply to Mississauga the. File is transferred to london if you are doing Outland from the uk?
Old Jan 14th 2012, 2:00 pm
BE Enthusiast

123me is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by MegRobEarlee
Quick question for everyone. Do you send all the paperwork together for spousal or do you wait until cic requests medical before you send that? Also I am confused do you initially apply to Mississauga the. File is transferred to london if you are doing Outland from the uk?
Yes, you apply initially to Missisauga with all the required paperwork and fee. If you pay everything at once, some say, it takes a bit less time as immigration does not have to ask you for the PR fee as they already have it.
Old Jan 14th 2012, 6:13 pm
Forum Regular

[QUOTE=victorfoxtrot;9841764]I did it last week. We flew back to the UK for Christmas, so I just made sure I took my letter of sponsorship approval with me. I also had a return flight booked, but to be honest I wasn't asked once whether I had one (not at check in in the UK or upon arrival in Canada). I just explained to the lady at the border check that I was here as a visitor, but that I had a common-law family class application in process, and she said fine, and said she would have to send me through to the immigration room. She was really nice. Then I saw another chap in there, again very nice too, and explained my situation. He could see on the computer my application had been lodged and he gave me a years visitor visa record attached in my passport. All very easy.[/QUOTE

Thanks for the reassurance and confirmation that this is correct Victorfoxtrot; still waiting to for your post to say you have the PR, then hopefully mine's not far behind
Old Jan 14th 2012, 6:16 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by MegRobEarlee
Yes get your medical booked and done, the GP practice (look where does these think it could be on the CIC website) give you a slip of paper to send with your application. THe results are then sent on to Mississauga. Send all the paperwork, photos and info you can along with the slip from the approved GP's medical practice to Mississauga. It then goes on to London for stage 2.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.