Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London

Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London

Old Jan 10th 2012, 11:30 am
BE Enthusiast

123me is an unknown quantity at this point
Default re: Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London & Inland

Originally Posted by shudda
Ok well then we're now a month behind you I guess!

Oh and not feeling sick about leaving - I'm so sad to have to leave London. I feel sick at the thought that they're processing now and I'm all of a sudden scared about our future being in their hands!! Eiik!
You should hear next week about the approval. You must now have an UCI number right? Should be on the email your received. With that number you can check status online. It is not the most reliable but it does give you something to do.
Old Jan 10th 2012, 1:18 pm
Forum Regular

shudda is an unknown quantity at this point

Nope! Not yet at least. I've tried using the UCI number with both a dash and without - still getting the same screen as before saying there's nothing to see as of yet...hmmm
Old Jan 10th 2012, 2:55 pm
Forum Regular

Canuck_eh is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by 123me
I think the 66 days starts from when they received it, not opened it. Again, the website is only a guide for average time frames, as I got approved in 43 days. 43 days is calculated from the day they received the package in Missisauga to the day I received the approval email. So your day 1 is Nov. 17th.
this is very exciting then. Am just 2 weeks behind you so there's really no harm is sending email pass 65 days. Will patiently await their answers. Good luck and hope all goes well with you and thanks for the reply.

One more question, what is the spreadsheet list? Is this list only for PR applicants awaiting results from Mississauga on Spousal Sponsorship?

Thanks
Old Jan 10th 2012, 3:10 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by shudda
Nope! Not yet at least. I've tried using the UCI number with both a dash and without - still getting the same screen as before saying there's nothing to see as of yet...hmmm
Okay, just keep checking, and make sure you put in the accurate information. When I put my UCI number in, I do not use a dash.
Old Jan 10th 2012, 3:15 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Canuck_eh
this is very exciting then. Am just 2 weeks behind you so there's really no harm is sending email pass 65 days. Will patiently await their answers. Good luck and hope all goes well with you and thanks for the reply.

One more question, what is the spreadsheet list? Is this list only for PR applicants awaiting results from Mississauga on Spousal Sponsorship?

Thanks
The spreadsheet is made by a lady named pinklady on canadavisa forum. You have to log onto that site, go to family class sponsorship, then to the "thread for outland London" and find pinklady and ask her to add you to the spreadsheet. Let me know if you get it.
Old Jan 10th 2012, 8:42 pm
Forum Regular

The spreadsheet is made by a lady named pinklady on canadavisa forum. You have to log onto that site, go to family class sponsorship, then to the "thread for outland London" and find pinklady and ask her to add you to the spreadsheet. Let me know if you get it.
sorry just to confirm 123me that when you received your first email on December 10th CIC provided you with UIC number in order to track your application online. Is this correct? As we are still waiting for that FIRST EMAIL / ability to track online.

Jan/20 is our 66th day and we not received anything. Is it wise to send an email on Jan/21 to inquire if our application is received?

Thanks
Old Jan 10th 2012, 8:48 pm
BE Enthusiast

sorry just to confirm 123me that when you received your first email on December 10th CIC provided you with UIC number in order to track your application online. Is this correct? As we are still waiting for that FIRST EMAIL / ability to track online.

Jan/20 is our 66th day and we not received anything. Is it wise to send an email on Jan/21 to inquire if our application is received?

Thanks
Yes, my first email that arrived on the 10th gave us our application number and UCI number. I think with the holidays the 66 days may be pushed back a bit. Hang tough, you will hear soon.
Old Jan 10th 2012, 9:03 pm
Forum Regular

Here's hoping we get the much awaited email/post from CIC within January - thanks!
Old Jan 10th 2012, 9:08 pm
BE Enthusiast

Here's hoping we get the much awaited email/post from CIC within January - thanks!
Unless your application package is out of the ordinary, I am sure you will hear something this month. We were lucky, so don't compare yourself to our timeline. After knowing each other for 35 years, I guess the universe thinks we deserve a break...long story!
Old Jan 10th 2012, 10:37 pm
Just Joined

luckyinlove is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello everyone. GOD HAS MOVED IN OUR FAVOR for today is the day that we have gotten our approval letter via email for sponsorship, so we are moving on up to the next stage. In all things give God thanks and all other things shall follow. Don't give up on God because H has given up you.

I screamed so loud I'm short of vocals, and further thanks to the creator of skype because my husband and I were able to share in this joyous moment together. Its not the same as having him here with me but we give thanks and praises for all small blessings.

I just want to give my update for anyone else who is also just starting this process:

Application sent to missig- Oct.27/2011
Application received- Oct. 31/2011
Email confirmation of application received- Dec.29/2011
Email confirmation of approval- Jan.10/2011

Hang in there for all the newcomers.
Old Jan 10th 2012, 10:45 pm
Just Joined

luckyinlove is an unknown quantity at this point

I'm so excited I did not even proof read the previous post. I wanted to write DONT GIVE UP ON GOD BECAUSE HE HAS NOT GIVEN UP ON YOU.

Keep praying for a breakthrough, and you shall have victory and success in all your battles.

Hang in there all you newcomers for God will surely smile on you to.

Old Jan 11th 2012, 10:12 am
Forum Regular

janham is an unknown quantity at this point

Unless your application package is out of the ordinary, I am sure you will hear something this month. We were lucky, so don't compare yourself to our timeline. After knowing each other for 35 years, I guess the universe thinks we deserve a break...long story!
Ours is 22 years 123me but people need to look at our timeline as well so that you they don't get too excited, saying that it sounds like they are pushing ahead quickly now.

I'm still just hoping ours is further on than we think but it's not going to matter as we are off end of January so will await the next stage in Canada but it would be nice to have it before we go but I think that may be pushing it

Wonder if anyone has heard about their PR yet will check out the timings on the spreadsheet. Let me know if you hear or see anything thanks. me123
Old Jan 11th 2012, 2:15 pm
Forum Regular

JakeCanada is an unknown quantity at this point

How come it is taking people on here like 2months? I am looking on the site and it estimates 11-12months... Im confused..
Old Jan 11th 2012, 2:19 pm
Forum Regular

lozzyblue is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by JakeCanada
How come it is taking people on here like 2months? I am looking on the site and it estimates 11-12months... Im confused..
Jake, it's currently taking approx 68 days to be approved as a sponsor. There is then up to 8 months to have PR approved - altho some straightforward applications can be processed much quicker.

HTH
Old Jan 11th 2012, 2:27 pm
BE Enthusiast

exenglishman has a reputation beyond reputeexenglishman has a reputation beyond reputeexenglishman has a reputation beyond reputeexenglishman has a reputation beyond reputeexenglishman has a reputation beyond reputeexenglishman has a reputation beyond reputeexenglishman has a reputation beyond reputeexenglishman has a reputation beyond reputeexenglishman has a reputation beyond reputeexenglishman has a reputation beyond reputeexenglishman has a reputation beyond repute

im about to send mine off and have a last minute question. For the forms that dont apply to me, i.e additional dependants and use of a rep etc, do I still include these and right NA on them or just not include them at all?

just because in the guide it says 'the following forms must be filled and submitted' and includes all of them.. silly question i know but i cant afford delays!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.