Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London

Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London

Old Jan 20th 2012, 3:10 pm
BE Enthusiast

123me is an unknown quantity at this point
Default re: Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London & Inland

Originally Posted by carrin
So you're saying they processed and approved the applicant in about 3 days?? Am I missing something?? Thought it was months and months....

Awesome news by the way! Congrats!
Right, good point. I think they do security and medical checks and once they clear they say processing or processed. That is my guess.
Old Jan 20th 2012, 3:16 pm
Forum Regular

peng is an unknown quantity at this point

There seems to be am minimum two month lag from when it arrives in the UK to when it starts being "processesed". Then its down to if its all clear then you get COPR with a week or two. If not then it takes longer.
Old Jan 20th 2012, 4:30 pm
BE Enthusiast

victorfoxtrot has a reputation beyond reputevictorfoxtrot has a reputation beyond reputevictorfoxtrot has a reputation beyond reputevictorfoxtrot has a reputation beyond reputevictorfoxtrot has a reputation beyond reputevictorfoxtrot has a reputation beyond reputevictorfoxtrot has a reputation beyond reputevictorfoxtrot has a reputation beyond reputevictorfoxtrot has a reputation beyond reputevictorfoxtrot has a reputation beyond reputevictorfoxtrot has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by carrin
So you're saying they processed and approved the applicant in about 3 days?? Am I missing something?? Thought it was months and months....

Awesome news by the way! Congrats!
Well technically it has been a couple of months, because my sponsorship part was approved on 4 Nov, and then the file transferred to LOndon. So assuming it got to London let's say a week later, then it has been sitting there for 2 months before it's even got looked at. Who knows what they do with them when they arrive - the way they make it sound is that they only started reviewing it on 17 Jan, and then made the decision 4 days later on the 20th. So who knows what checks they do and how long they take? Perhaps there are some preliminary things that they do with the file once it arrives in London - perhaps they have to send off for things that take a couple of months to come through, I really don't know. I think the reason some cases take longer once it says they are in process is because you may require more background checks. My history is pretty straightforward - lived in the UK all my life (apart from an 8 month stint in Oz), was born in the UK, I hold no other citizenships or permanent residency rights etc. Never been married, no dependants etc, so I imagine that mine was a pretty easy case to process. If you have lived all over the globe, perhaps you maybe a British citizen but weren't born there etc, then your background will likely take longer for them to check through.
Old Jan 20th 2012, 4:58 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by victorfoxtrot
Well technically it has been a couple of months, because my sponsorship part was approved on 4 Nov, and then the file transferred to LOndon. So assuming it got to London let's say a week later, then it has been sitting there for 2 months before it's even got looked at. Who knows what they do with them when they arrive - the way they make it sound is that they only started reviewing it on 17 Jan, and then made the decision 4 days later on the 20th. So who knows what checks they do and how long they take? Perhaps there are some preliminary things that they do with the file once it arrives in London - perhaps they have to send off for things that take a couple of months to come through, I really don't know. I think the reason some cases take longer once it says they are in process is because you may require more background checks. My history is pretty straightforward - lived in the UK all my life (apart from an 8 month stint in Oz), was born in the UK, I hold no other citizenships or permanent residency rights etc. Never been married, no dependants etc, so I imagine that mine was a pretty easy case to process. If you have lived all over the globe, perhaps you maybe a British citizen but weren't born there etc, then your background will likely take longer for them to check through.
Whatever they do, today is a great day for you!
Old Jan 20th 2012, 5:47 pm
Just Joined

Stevo78x is an unknown quantity at this point

I thought I'd let everyone know my strange status.

I have just checked eCAS using my details (applicant) and it shows the application received date (Oct 21st) and medical results received however not seen anything on my husbands/sponsor approvals (or even if he has been approved?)!!

The other small issue is that they have my address as Twickenham - Australia!!!! I really hope that isnt going to impact my timeline further!!!

Anyone else had similar?
Old Jan 20th 2012, 6:50 pm
Forum Regular

Canuck_eh is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by 123me
Whatever they do, today is a great day for you!
Another brilliant result! Many congratulations Victorfoxtrot! Am afraid ours is still a long way but glad the things are speeding along and giving us those who are still waiting much hope.
Old Jan 21st 2012, 11:53 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Canuck_eh
Another brilliant result! Many congratulations Victorfoxtrot! Am afraid ours is still a long way but glad the things are speeding along and giving us those who are still waiting much hope.
As of 0:00 today, we have heard from CIC! Bang on 65 days. I know its only a UCI number compare to the rest of you who received approvals, PPR or COPR but am really elated to received something from CIC.

No more wondering whether Post arrived or was it sitting among other unknown mail - they actually got it! Now the fun begins!!!
Old Jan 21st 2012, 12:08 pm
Forum Regular

shudda is an unknown quantity at this point

As of 0:00 today, we have heard from CIC! Bang on 65 days. I know its only a UCI number compare to the rest of you who received approvals, PPR or COPR but am really elated to received something from CIC.

No more wondering whether Post arrived or was it sitting among other unknown mail - they actually got it! Now the fun begins!!!
Yay! Welcome to the waiting game!

And getting your UCI is an important step so let yourself be happy
Old Jan 21st 2012, 12:20 pm
Forum Regular

Thanks Shudda. Getting some form of acknowledgment is a good feeling altogether.
Old Jan 21st 2012, 12:30 pm
BE Enthusiast

victorfoxtrot has a reputation beyond reputevictorfoxtrot has a reputation beyond reputevictorfoxtrot has a reputation beyond reputevictorfoxtrot has a reputation beyond reputevictorfoxtrot has a reputation beyond reputevictorfoxtrot has a reputation beyond reputevictorfoxtrot has a reputation beyond reputevictorfoxtrot has a reputation beyond reputevictorfoxtrot has a reputation beyond reputevictorfoxtrot has a reputation beyond reputevictorfoxtrot has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Stevo78x
I thought I'd let everyone know my strange status.

I have just checked eCAS using my details (applicant) and it shows the application received date (Oct 21st) and medical results received however not seen anything on my husbands/sponsor approvals (or even if he has been approved?)!!

The other small issue is that they have my address as Twickenham - Australia!!!! I really hope that isnt going to impact my timeline further!!!

Anyone else had similar?
I would contact them if I were you. CIC website is showing that they are processing apps received up to 9 Nov, so yours was received well before that. Just ask firstly is there an update as you have not received communication, and secondly about your address. Ecas should allow you though to update this.
Old Jan 21st 2012, 12:40 pm
BE Enthusiast

Congrats Canuck-Eh & Shudda. Like you say, now another waiting game begins. Reckon on about 2 months before they start looking at your file and moving on things. I was lucky to have Christmas to keep me busy whilst I was waiting. Easier said than done this waiting lark.
Old Jan 21st 2012, 3:04 pm
BE Enthusiast

Right, Canuck, every step is important....moves us closer to COPR!
Old Jan 21st 2012, 6:06 pm
Forum Regular

merylbaz is an unknown quantity at this point

I got my UCI number today too It was an email to say they recieved my application on th 1/12/11 in Mississagua, which I did know as we sent it special delivery, but it was grat to get something from CIC. How long now till my sponsorship might be approved, any thoughts??
BTW, i am Canadian by birth sponsoring my husband and have sent off for my 2 daughters proof of citizenship Sept 2011
Old Jan 21st 2012, 8:04 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by merylbaz
I got my UCI number today too It was an email to say they recieved my application on th 1/12/11 in Mississagua, which I did know as we sent it special delivery, but it was grat to get something from CIC. How long now till my sponsorship might be approved, any thoughts??
BTW, i am Canadian by birth sponsoring my husband and have sent off for my 2 daughters proof of citizenship Sept 2011
Hey guys! I got my approval today! Wippppeeee!!!!! I am absolutely over the moon. All the hard work of filling up the application paid off! Here's the gist of the email.

This refers to the Application to Sponsor a Member of the Family Class you submitted to this office on behalf of your spouse xxxxx.

You have met the requirements for eligibility as a sponsor. Accordingly, the Application for Permanent Residence for your relative(s) has been forwarded to a visa office abroad for further processing.

Thanks to all as its great to share such experiences. I hope that stage 2 will not be too long now - needless to say that we will patiently wait.
Old Jan 21st 2012, 8:23 pm
BE Enthusiast

Hey guys! I got my approval today! Wippppeeee!!!!! I am absolutely over the moon. All the hard work of filling up the application paid off! Here's the gist of the email.

This refers to the Application to Sponsor a Member of the Family Class you submitted to this office on behalf of your spouse xxxxx.

You have met the requirements for eligibility as a sponsor. Accordingly, the Application for Permanent Residence for your relative(s) has been forwarded to a visa office abroad for further processing.

Thanks to all as its great to share such experiences. I hope that stage 2 will not be too long now - needless to say that we will patiently wait.
I am confused, did you get your UCI # and approval all in one day?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.