Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London

Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London

Old Jan 19th 2012, 2:39 pm
Concierge

SchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond repute
Default re: Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London & Inland

This is all really helpful - thanks for the running commentary!

I am applying to sponsor my fiance via the common-law route - just mailed the application off yesterday in London to Mississauga, should arrive on Monday or Tuesday next week... and now the waiting game begins - I have been scouring signatures anxiously trying to get an idea of what kind of timeline lays ahead of us!!
Old Jan 19th 2012, 2:50 pm
BE Enthusiast

victorfoxtrot has a reputation beyond reputevictorfoxtrot has a reputation beyond reputevictorfoxtrot has a reputation beyond reputevictorfoxtrot has a reputation beyond reputevictorfoxtrot has a reputation beyond reputevictorfoxtrot has a reputation beyond reputevictorfoxtrot has a reputation beyond reputevictorfoxtrot has a reputation beyond reputevictorfoxtrot has a reputation beyond reputevictorfoxtrot has a reputation beyond reputevictorfoxtrot has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Becks 7
Hmm, slightly concerned now since my other half was approved to sponsor me on Dec 28th but the website status tracker is still not displaying that they have received my medical. I guess there's nothing I can do except wait, although I am going to call the surgery and check that everything was sent off correctly.
I wouldn't read anything into that. Sometimes they update to say Meds rec'd sometimes they don't. I got sponsor approval on 4 Nov, and mine still just says application rec'd and nothing more. I know that my doctor did send mine - or at least they wrote to me to say they did!
Old Jan 19th 2012, 2:57 pm
BE Enthusiast

victorfoxtrot has a reputation beyond reputevictorfoxtrot has a reputation beyond reputevictorfoxtrot has a reputation beyond reputevictorfoxtrot has a reputation beyond reputevictorfoxtrot has a reputation beyond reputevictorfoxtrot has a reputation beyond reputevictorfoxtrot has a reputation beyond reputevictorfoxtrot has a reputation beyond reputevictorfoxtrot has a reputation beyond reputevictorfoxtrot has a reputation beyond reputevictorfoxtrot has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by SchnookoLoly
This is all really helpful - thanks for the running commentary!

I am applying to sponsor my fiance via the common-law route - just mailed the application off yesterday in London to Mississauga, should arrive on Monday or Tuesday next week... and now the waiting game begins - I have been scouring signatures anxiously trying to get an idea of what kind of timeline lays ahead of us!!
Have you seen the spreadsheet that Pink lady runs on Canadavisa.com? I highly recommend you join it. It's helpful to get an idea of other peoples timelines - although sometimes it does drive you crazy, which is what is happening to me at present, as I see others are getting COPR etc and I've heard nothing yet.....maybe today!
Old Jan 19th 2012, 3:07 pm
BE Enthusiast

123me is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by peng
Remember they only update that thing once a week - dont look at it again until next Tuesday- your was probably just a little furtehr down the line.

Do they really only update our individual pages once a week? I know they do for processing times, that is usually updated on a Wednesday.
Old Jan 19th 2012, 3:09 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by victorfoxtrot
Have you seen the spreadsheet that Pink lady runs on Canadavisa.com? I highly recommend you join it. It's helpful to get an idea of other peoples timelines - although sometimes it does drive you crazy, which is what is happening to me at present, as I see others are getting COPR etc and I've heard nothing yet.....maybe today!
Everytime I see your name victorfoxtrot, I hope you are going to tell us you got your COPR. Any day now...I am sure. I hope so, as I know you are ahead of us.
Old Jan 19th 2012, 3:53 pm
Forum Regular

janham is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by 123me
Everytime I see your name victorfoxtrot, I hope you are going to tell us you got your COPR. Any day now...I am sure. I hope so, as I know you are ahead of us.
Yes me too 123me, very frustrating for Victorfoxtrot and YES the CIC website other people is only changed once a week and that supposed to be on a Tuesday if you read it

How fed up are we getting now, especially as I am in the last nailbiting stage of house contract exchange which is also lingering on
Old Jan 19th 2012, 4:01 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by janham
Yes me too 123me, very frustrating for Victorfoxtrot and YES the CIC website other people is only changed once a week and that supposed to be on a Tuesday if you read it

How fed up are we getting now, especially as I am in the last nailbiting stage of house contract exchange which is also lingering on
Thanks ladies (just realised you may not be ladies....!!) I really wish I was updating with good news. It's hard not to get carried away, especially as it feels like mine surely has to be next in the pile given the recent flurry of COPR's! Going to step away from the laptop and busy myself with filling up the freezer with some homecooked food. I feel for you Janham - I sold my house prior to moving here and it was a soul destroying process! I'm not sure what was worse, getting PR or selling the house!
Old Jan 19th 2012, 5:10 pm
Concierge

SchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond repute

Oooo no I have not! I've been prett ymuch exclusively getting answers from here as I've gone along... do you have a link?? That sounds like it would be awesome to have!
Old Jan 19th 2012, 7:06 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by SchnookoLoly
Oooo no I have not! I've been prett ymuch exclusively getting answers from here as I've gone along... do you have a link?? That sounds like it would be awesome to have!
Be warned it is very addictive. Sometimes I wonder whether it was a good thing to have joined - not sure how sane it keeps me!

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-imm...9436.4020.html

Join up and post your details asking for Pink Lady to add you to the spreadsheet. There's quite a lot of us on this site that use that one too.
Old Jan 20th 2012, 12:03 pm
Forum Regular

jrr773 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi there. I got my COPR documentation today so we can now go to Canada! My timeline is as follows - application sent to Mississauga 30th Aug, application received 19th Sept, sponsor approval granted 22nd Nov, COPR issued 17th Jan.

My thanks to all the helpful people on this board and hope all those still waiting get the good news very soon.
Old Jan 20th 2012, 12:30 pm
BE Enthusiast

Good news people!! I got an email from the ecas tracker to say my file had been updated and yes, finally a decision has been made. Ecas now says this when I log in:

We received VICTORFOXTROT'S application for permanent residence on August 30, 2011.
We started processing VICTORFOXTROT's application on January 17, 2012.
Medical results have been received.
A decision has been made on VICTORFOXTROT's application. The office will contact VICTORFOXTROT concerning this decision.

So now I guess I just have to wait for the COPR to arrive in the post. Let's hope it is next week......then we can make a trip to Buffalo next weekend and land! Yay.

So Janham....you are next!
Old Jan 20th 2012, 12:44 pm
BE Enthusiast

Thanks ladies (just realised you may not be ladies....!!) I really wish I was updating with good news. It's hard not to get carried away, especially as it feels like mine surely has to be next in the pile given the recent flurry of COPR's! Going to step away from the laptop and busy myself with filling up the freezer with some homecooked food. I feel for you Janham - I sold my house prior to moving here and it was a soul destroying process! I'm not sure what was worse, getting PR or selling the house!
victorfoxtrot, I am a lady, just so you know.
Old Jan 20th 2012, 12:45 pm
Forum Regular

shudda is an unknown quantity at this point

Good news people!! I got an email from the ecas tracker to say my file had been updated and yes, finally a decision has been made. Ecas now says this when I log in:

We received VICTORFOXTROT'S application for permanent residence on August 30, 2011.
A decision has been made on VICTORFOXTROT's application. The office will contact VICTORFOXTROT concerning this decision.

So now I guess I just have to wait for the COPR to arrive in the post. Let's hope it is next week......then we can make a trip to Buffalo next weekend and land! Yay.

YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! FINALLY!!!!! Soooooo happy for you victorfoxtrot!!!
Old Jan 20th 2012, 12:46 pm
BE Enthusiast

Right, I agree, Janham should be very soon, maybe even next week.
Old Jan 20th 2012, 1:19 pm
Forum Regular

carrin is an unknown quantity at this point

So you're saying they processed and approved the applicant in about 3 days?? Am I missing something?? Thought it was months and months....

Awesome news by the way! Congrats!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.