Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London

Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London

Old Dec 22nd 2011, 1:20 pm
Just Joined

CanuckColleen1972 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default re: Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London & Inland

Originally Posted by Lou109
Hi! Congrats on getting it all done - it's a great feeling!

We also sent our application with FedEx to the Robert Speck Parkway Courier address - it was signed for and we've received confirmation of receipt, so I'm pretty sure it was the right place to send it to

Best of luck with it all!
Great - thanks - I'm going to have it all packed up to send off on 3 Jan... cross your fingers it all goes well! xx
Old Dec 22nd 2011, 5:02 pm
Just Joined

luckyinlove is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi just looking on here at some of the most recent posts. I am slightly confused about receiving confirmation from CIC about receiving the package. Is it normal not to receive a receipt of confirmation from them?

We submitted our application on October 26/2011 with DHL and it was sent to the Robert Speckway address but when DHL entered the address into their system they were informed that the last digit of the postal code had to be dropped in order for the address to be expected. We tracked the package and it says that it was delivered and signed for but I have continuously checked my email and post for any confirmation of receiving our application but have not heard anything in regards to receipt of our application. Should I be worried at this point that our package has been lost.
If anyone can shed light on this that would be greatly appreciated. Thanks
Old Dec 22nd 2011, 5:07 pm
Forum Regular

rodderzzz is a jewel in the roughrodderzzz is a jewel in the roughrodderzzz is a jewel in the roughrodderzzz is a jewel in the rough

I didn't get any contact from them until I got a letter explainging I'd not signed some paperwork so they couldn't process it, I filled in the paperwork and sentit back and then got an email a week later saying the sponsorship was approved.
Old Dec 22nd 2011, 8:00 pm
Forum Regular

carrin is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by luckyinlove
I have continuously checked my email and post for any confirmation of receiving our application but have not heard anything in regards to receipt of our application. Should I be worried at this point that our package has been lost.
Luckyinlove.. that's just a few days sooner than we sent our app. I wouldn't worry as the posted time says 67 days average. So you're probably looking at the early new year as a reasonable time anyway. Give it a couple more weeks before you panic. It's a long wait.
Old Dec 22nd 2011, 10:08 pm
BE Enthusiast

123me is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by luckyinlove
Hi just looking on here at some of the most recent posts. I am slightly confused about receiving confirmation from CIC about receiving the package. Is it normal not to receive a receipt of confirmation from them?

We submitted our application on October 26/2011 with DHL and it was sent to the Robert Speckway address but when DHL entered the address into their system they were informed that the last digit of the postal code had to be dropped in order for the address to be expected. We tracked the package and it says that it was delivered and signed for but I have continuously checked my email and post for any confirmation of receiving our application but have not heard anything in regards to receipt of our application. Should I be worried at this point that our package has been lost.
If anyone can shed light on this that would be greatly appreciated. Thanks
Our first official contact with CIC was Dec. 13th saying they received our application Nov. 3rd. This email contained our file # and our UCI number (unique client identifier). Then on Dec. 2oth we received another email to say I was approved to sponsor my husband.
Old Dec 22nd 2011, 11:06 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by janham
We are finally on the CIC as approved all systems go now and are thinking of going early January as we've sold our house, really excited now
That is awesome news!!!
Old Dec 23rd 2011, 6:35 am
Forum Regular

janham is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by 123me
That is awesome news!!!
Thanks me123 and Merry Christmas to you and all that are waiting in line
Old Dec 23rd 2011, 11:26 am
BE Enthusiast

I am trying to get updated on the spreadsheet, so others can see our timeline, but I am not having any luck. Can anyone help?
Old Dec 23rd 2011, 5:06 pm
BE Enthusiast

victorfoxtrot has a reputation beyond reputevictorfoxtrot has a reputation beyond reputevictorfoxtrot has a reputation beyond reputevictorfoxtrot has a reputation beyond reputevictorfoxtrot has a reputation beyond reputevictorfoxtrot has a reputation beyond reputevictorfoxtrot has a reputation beyond reputevictorfoxtrot has a reputation beyond reputevictorfoxtrot has a reputation beyond reputevictorfoxtrot has a reputation beyond reputevictorfoxtrot has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by 123me
I am trying to get updated on the spreadsheet, so others can see our timeline, but I am not having any luck. Can anyone help?
It's only Pinklady that updates the spreadsheet (or so I believe). Just post your update on the forum and she'll pick it up - having said that with Christmas only a few days away, I think you have to allow for the fact she may have other things to do!
Old Dec 23rd 2011, 10:00 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by victorfoxtrot
It's only Pinklady that updates the spreadsheet (or so I believe). Just post your update on the forum and she'll pick it up - having said that with Christmas only a few days away, I think you have to allow for the fact she may have other things to do!
Right, I think it is only her. No big deal really, it does not make the rest of my application go any faster.
Old Dec 24th 2011, 8:31 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by victorfoxtrot
Yes she must be a bit busy I've asked her to put ours on and can see you have too me123. Look at all those in October after us, wonder if they've heard anything or you beat them too. It will be on soon, now for the next wait.
Merry Christmas have a good one, we are off anyway in January so maybe our last one in the UK - enjoy
Old Dec 24th 2011, 11:02 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by janham
Yes she must be a bit busy I've asked her to put ours on and can see you have too me123. Look at all those in October after us, wonder if they've heard anything or you beat them too. It will be on soon, now for the next wait.
Merry Christmas have a good one, we are off anyway in January so maybe our last one in the UK - enjoy
Merry Christmas to you and your family as well. This is my last Christmas apart from my husband....I have a house full of people coming tonight, keeps me busy!
Old Dec 28th 2011, 5:59 pm
Forum Regular

Becks 7 is an unknown quantity at this point

We received the email today saying my girlfriend had been approved. They received our application on October 24th, so just slightly over 2 months.

Hope that helps a bit for anyone waiting around the same time. We also received an email saying it had been received, this was on Dec 16th if I remember correctly.
Old Jan 1st 2012, 1:30 pm
Forum Regular

carrin is an unknown quantity at this point

Yay!! We got the email saying they recieved the application and assigned us the file number and all that!!

So... app sent - Nov 1/11.... In the system Dec 18/11

Good luck to all those still waiting
Old Jan 1st 2012, 2:43 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by carrin
Yay!! We got the email saying they recieved the application and assigned us the file number and all that!!

So... app sent - Nov 1/11.... In the system Dec 18/11

Good luck to all those still waiting
Congratulations, again that's quick, let's hope the next bit is too

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.