Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London

Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London

Old Jan 12th 2011, 1:57 pm
Account Closed

dtilley592 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default re: Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London & Inland

Wow someone at the high commission actually speaks!!! Sorry I will put my claws away. Congratulations though that is really good news, fingers crossed that you should hear something very very soon.
Old Jan 12th 2011, 6:02 pm
BE Enthusiast

caleo has a reputation beyond reputecaleo has a reputation beyond reputecaleo has a reputation beyond reputecaleo has a reputation beyond reputecaleo has a reputation beyond reputecaleo has a reputation beyond reputecaleo has a reputation beyond reputecaleo has a reputation beyond reputecaleo has a reputation beyond reputecaleo has a reputation beyond reputecaleo has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by J2J
We finally got some optimistic news to share! At mid morning today my hubby received a phone call from High Commission that totally took him off guard. The lady stated that she wanted to ask him a few questions about his desire to live in Canada with his wife. She asked if he had ever been in Canada for more than 6 months? (all of his visits were clearly identified on the application with copies of flight information to support it) He went on to say No, that his longest visit was 35 days. That was it! no more questions, and she went on to say that he should be hearing soon for his passport request.
So now on to becoming obsessive waiting for the mailman and checking emails (including spam)
Still not showing "In Process"
very odd that they should call - but hey, shows they are beavering away in london! I hope it comes through quickly for you - I know I am anxious for my PPR but at least I am here with my hubby!

Fingers crossed he will get PPR soon! Will he be able to leave straight away to be with you?
Old Jan 12th 2011, 9:01 pm
J2J
Forum Regular

J2J is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by caleo
very odd that they should call - but hey, shows they are beavering away in london! I hope it comes through quickly for you - I know I am anxious for my PPR but at least I am here with my hubby!

Fingers crossed he will get PPR soon! Will he be able to leave straight away to be with you?
Yes It's odd that they should call, and he is now wishing he asked in what form the passport request would be coming, but at the time he was more concerned about what questions they were going to ask. We always had a fear that it was going to be held against us that we hadn't lived together for more than 6 months at one time, although we have seen people receive PPR's in our situation. Looking on the bright side, It sure is good that he didn't get called for an interview (a long way to go) to answer one question!
To answer your question Caleo, if he will be able to come straight away? Well with all of the uncertainty of the process, we had 3 back up plans in place. One was if he got denied and the other two were for a lengthy process including errors or additional info requested,interview etc... So now we will wait and see how long it takes to receive the passport back and then make our final decision. We do know for sure that he will be here to stay this summer at the latest. In the mean time I will be going there in Feb/March
Old Jan 13th 2011, 11:10 am
BE Enthusiast

caleo has a reputation beyond reputecaleo has a reputation beyond reputecaleo has a reputation beyond reputecaleo has a reputation beyond reputecaleo has a reputation beyond reputecaleo has a reputation beyond reputecaleo has a reputation beyond reputecaleo has a reputation beyond reputecaleo has a reputation beyond reputecaleo has a reputation beyond reputecaleo has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by J2J
Yes It's odd that they should call, and he is now wishing he asked in what form the passport request would be coming, but at the time he was more concerned about what questions they were going to ask. We always had a fear that it was going to be held against us that we hadn't lived together for more than 6 months at one time, although we have seen people receive PPR's in our situation. Looking on the bright side, It sure is good that he didn't get called for an interview (a long way to go) to answer one question!
To answer your question Caleo, if he will be able to come straight away? Well with all of the uncertainty of the process, we had 3 back up plans in place. One was if he got denied and the other two were for a lengthy process including errors or additional info requested,interview etc... So now we will wait and see how long it takes to receive the passport back and then make our final decision. We do know for sure that he will be here to stay this summer at the latest. In the mean time I will be going there in Feb/March
Thats good for you then, now that you can see the light at the end! Hubby and i were separated by the foreign office while we waited for him to get his spouse visa for the UK - it was not a nice situation to be in - although me being pregnant and worrying he would not get here in time was a major worry!

At least this time we are together, and no real rush. I deally we would like to move this summer in order to get the girls into school for the start of the school year, but it all depends on our house selling.

looks like we will probably have to land, and then come back and wait for the elusive sale!

Hope they keep beavering away in london
Old Jan 13th 2011, 12:42 pm
Account Closed

dtilley592 is an unknown quantity at this point

Interestingly I received an email from London this morning as I had contacted them because I realised that I had forgot to sign the back of one of my photos with the date it was taken.

the final sentence reads:

"Please be advised that your application was received in London on 19Oct2010. Please refer to our website for average processing times of straightforward overseas applications."

So from this I am hoping I am considered a straightforward case but secondly the 19oct2010 was when my application got to Missisauga not London unless they turned it around in one day

Anyway just thought I would share that I had communication with them. Any PPR's today?
Old Jan 14th 2011, 8:53 am
BE Enthusiast

Cowgirl is a name known to allCowgirl is a name known to allCowgirl is a name known to allCowgirl is a name known to allCowgirl is a name known to allCowgirl is a name known to allCowgirl is a name known to allCowgirl is a name known to allCowgirl is a name known to allCowgirl is a name known to allCowgirl is a name known to all

Just thought I'd throw my timeline in! I know we only sent ours off last month, but the waiting's already getting to me.

Does anyone know how long the CPC-M office was closed for during the holidays? I'm sort of expecting a letter anytime now based on other folk's timelines on here.

But I don't think they've even started processing mine yet, b/c I can't seem to check my application status with my receipt number. I really hope it doesn't take too long, as we're planning to go over in June!!
Old Jan 14th 2011, 1:20 pm
Just Joined

Megs_4 is an unknown quantity at this point

Well we got our letter today - and have been approved as a sponsor!! WOO!! That's one part down, and now the long part to go

I hope it goes as fast as it has for some of you on here!! Chuffed to bits to see applications are moving fast in London!

Fingers crossed to all still waiting - lets hope we all get some good news

Megs & Gordie
Old Jan 14th 2011, 3:12 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Cowgirl
Just thought I'd throw my timeline in! I know we only sent ours off last month, but the waiting's already getting to me.

Does anyone know how long the CPC-M office was closed for during the holidays? I'm sort of expecting a letter anytime now based on other folk's timelines on here.

But I don't think they've even started processing mine yet, b/c I can't seem to check my application status with my receipt number. I really hope it doesn't take too long, as we're planning to go over in June!!
I don't think it actually takes them very long to deal with the paperwork in CIC M - it doesn't seem to show as "in process", just decision made and letter has been sent etc. so don't worry. The turn around seems to be about 4 weeks, so I am sure things will move along for you soon!
Old Jan 14th 2011, 3:13 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Megs_4
Well we got our letter today - and have been approved as a sponsor!! WOO!! That's one part down, and now the long part to go

I hope it goes as fast as it has for some of you on here!! Chuffed to bits to see applications are moving fast in London!

Fingers crossed to all still waiting - lets hope we all get some good news

Megs & Gordie
Great news - one step closer!
Old Jan 14th 2011, 3:40 pm
J2J
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Cowgirl

Cowgirl Are you checking your status with the receipt number using the Sponsors information rather than the applicant?
Will probably take 4 to 5 wks for that part. Ours still not showing "In Process" even though we we received a phone call, which confirms that it is
Old Jan 14th 2011, 7:46 pm
J2J
Forum Regular

GREAT NEWS TODAY My Hubby received an email today REQUESTING HIS PASSPORT!!!! We are relieved and thrilled!
Old Jan 14th 2011, 7:56 pm
Forum Regular

Mrs-G is just really niceMrs-G is just really niceMrs-G is just really niceMrs-G is just really niceMrs-G is just really niceMrs-G is just really niceMrs-G is just really niceMrs-G is just really nice

Originally Posted by J2J
GREAT NEWS TODAY My Hubby received an email today REQUESTING HIS PASSPORT!!!! We are relieved and thrilled!
That's fantastic news! So happy for you
Old Jan 14th 2011, 8:04 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by J2J
Excellent news!!! I am so pleased for you!! What a relief.
Old Jan 14th 2011, 8:17 pm
Forum Regular

Mdunny is just really niceMdunny is just really niceMdunny is just really niceMdunny is just really niceMdunny is just really niceMdunny is just really niceMdunny is just really niceMdunny is just really nice

Originally Posted by J2J
Congrats J2J ! great news for you both.

hey Caleo... how likely do you think your and my applications are in the IO's intray this week ?!

Last edited by Mdunny; Jan 14th 2011 at 8:19 pm.
Old Jan 14th 2011, 8:37 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Mdunny
Congrats J2J ! great news for you both.

hey Caleo... how likely do you think your and my applications are in the IO's intray this week ?!
Well, maybe now the IO has finished making personal telephone calls to the chosen few

Judging by my luck with the sponsor approval letter, my application forms will be the one that gets stuck at the bottom and missed!!

I am trying to keep upbeat though! It does help knowing that things are moving along in london though! We never paid the landing fee though, so we will get a request for that before we get a PPR - but at least we will know it is going though.

Here is hoping we hear something soon!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.