Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London

Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London

Old Feb 11th 2011, 4:22 pm
Account Closed

dtilley592 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default re: Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London & Inland

Originally Posted by J2J
I don't know if any words will cheer you and caleo up today BUT keep in mind that with our application we were only ever able to access information using the receipt # and my (sponsor) information. Even now that it is "complete"... Also absolutely no information came up about being received or in process. The only thing ecas ever updated was "complete" and that was a wk after the email for the passport request was sent followed by a letter about 5 days later. It was only then that we found out that our application was received November 18th and started to Process January 12th The email for passport request was sent only 2 days later on the January 14th!! All VERY strange...........
The only thing we wonder about is that on Jan 1st we sent Case specific email, although it clearly stated that you couldn't do this before the waiting time stated was over. We didn't ask for anything specific regarding our application. We just asked if we could have confirmation that it has been received, as nothing showed up on ecas. Of course we never got a reply to this email, but we wonder now if it might have brought attention to it.
Caleo and dtilley I also felt "despondent" for you as Tues/Wed went by and I hadn't seen a Good News post from either of you. Lets hope next week you will both be
Thanks J2J.... My file has actually been in process since Feb 3rd and they emailed me early this week for my medical details as I posted earlier, so I know they are doing something. I'm comcerned that my medical may have gone missing because they were asking who my DMP was and when it was sent, but I am hoping that I am just being overly sensitive. Fingers crossed both of us get some positive news next week. Have a good weekend all.
Old Feb 11th 2011, 7:23 pm
Forum Regular

Mrs-G is just really niceMrs-G is just really niceMrs-G is just really niceMrs-G is just really niceMrs-G is just really niceMrs-G is just really niceMrs-G is just really niceMrs-G is just really nice

Originally Posted by J2J
The only thing we wonder about is that on Jan 1st we sent Case specific email, although it clearly stated that you couldn't do this before the waiting time stated was over. We didn't ask for anything specific regarding our application. We just asked if we could have confirmation that it has been received, as nothing showed up on ecas. Of course we never got a reply to this email, but we wonder now if it might have brought attention to it.
Caleo and dtilley I also felt "despondent" for you as Tues/Wed went by and I hadn't seen a Good News post from either of you. Lets hope next week you will both be
Caleo

We did something similar to J2J. Ours eventually showed up on ECAS as decision made, yet no email or letter had come through (and others seemed to get the email and then maybe eventually decision made). So I sent a case specific email just asking if something had been posted out and we'd missed it. We never got a reply, but 2 days later got the PPR email.

Might not do any harm to send off an email. What's the worst that happens? They ignore it?

Hopefully you and Dtilley hear something soon
Old Feb 13th 2011, 12:02 pm
Forum Regular

VW092906 is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by Cowgirl
Hi Valentina, I'm so pleased to hear it's finally showing up as received! I know you've been pretty worried about it.

For the medicals: for us it just says "medicals have been received" right below where is says my hubby's PR application has been received. We didn't get an email or letter at all.

Hopefully the meds will show up on ecas for you soon! x
thanks, still nothing else showing up yet. we emailed them a few days ago to let them know the situation with my mom and me and baby moving back before my husband. we just asked if they could process my husbands application, or let us know if they would require any further information from him. we also asked if they could give us any information on "dual intent" landing... they answered in one day! but all they said was "thanks for your email, here is a link with our processing times" makes you warm all over doesnt it? lol

my mom got a bit worse news (cancer has spread) so Im actually aiming to leave sooner - first week of March. Just hope everything goes well and my husband can follow sooner rather than later.

good luck to everyone! all these positive posts & people getting good news really helps.

p.s how often do you hear that spousal PR applications get rejected?
Old Feb 15th 2011, 6:55 pm
BE Enthusiast

caleo has a reputation beyond reputecaleo has a reputation beyond reputecaleo has a reputation beyond reputecaleo has a reputation beyond reputecaleo has a reputation beyond reputecaleo has a reputation beyond reputecaleo has a reputation beyond reputecaleo has a reputation beyond reputecaleo has a reputation beyond reputecaleo has a reputation beyond reputecaleo has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by VW092906
thanks, still nothing else showing up yet. we emailed them a few days ago to let them know the situation with my mom and me and baby moving back before my husband. we just asked if they could process my husbands application, or let us know if they would require any further information from him. we also asked if they could give us any information on "dual intent" landing... they answered in one day! but all they said was "thanks for your email, here is a link with our processing times" makes you warm all over doesnt it? lol

my mom got a bit worse news (cancer has spread) so Im actually aiming to leave sooner - first week of March. Just hope everything goes well and my husband can follow sooner rather than later.

good luck to everyone! all these positive posts & people getting good news really helps.

p.s how often do you hear that spousal PR applications get rejected?
really sorry to hear about your mom. It is awful when you are so far away, but only a few weeks till you can go, I hope your application gets processed quicker than mine - I don't think it is often that spouse visa's are refused - your application is genuine so should not be a problem at all!
Old Feb 15th 2011, 6:58 pm
BE Enthusiast

caleo has a reputation beyond reputecaleo has a reputation beyond reputecaleo has a reputation beyond reputecaleo has a reputation beyond reputecaleo has a reputation beyond reputecaleo has a reputation beyond reputecaleo has a reputation beyond reputecaleo has a reputation beyond reputecaleo has a reputation beyond reputecaleo has a reputation beyond reputecaleo has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Mrs-G
Caleo

We did something similar to J2J. Ours eventually showed up on ECAS as decision made, yet no email or letter had come through (and others seemed to get the email and then maybe eventually decision made). So I sent a case specific email just asking if something had been posted out and we'd missed it. We never got a reply, but 2 days later got the PPR email.

Might not do any harm to send off an email. What's the worst that happens? They ignore it?

Hopefully you and Dtilley hear something soon
I am too scared to email in case they move it further to the bottom of the pile!!!!

I am just a bit concerned that it was received on december 9th - and nothing has happened at all - it could be being used to prop up a wobbly table for all I know!

I see that dtilley has a similar timeline, but they have at least been in touch! Ours does not show as medicals received or anything

today is another tuesday gone
Old Feb 15th 2011, 7:18 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by caleo
I am too scared to email in case they move it further to the bottom of the pile!!!!

I am just a bit concerned that it was received on december 9th - and nothing has happened at all - it could be being used to prop up a wobbly table for all I know!

I see that dtilley has a similar timeline, but they have at least been in touch! Ours does not show as medicals received or anything

To be in honest I don't think Ecas means alot... I know there are people who went into process and then got PPR about 2 days later, others have heard before going in process. I have been in Process for 12 days now got nothing. Lets just hope we remaining October's hear some good news this week
Old Feb 15th 2011, 9:25 pm
Forum Regular

Mrs-G is just really niceMrs-G is just really niceMrs-G is just really niceMrs-G is just really niceMrs-G is just really niceMrs-G is just really niceMrs-G is just really niceMrs-G is just really nice

Originally Posted by caleo

I know what you mean about the email. I'm with Dtilley on this one - no rhyme or reason to ecas. You guys were both about 2 weeks behind me, and we heard around 2 weeks ago, so hopefully you won't be long in getting a decision

I know the wait seems like an eternity though.
Old Feb 16th 2011, 10:20 am
Forum Regular

Mdunny is just really niceMdunny is just really niceMdunny is just really niceMdunny is just really niceMdunny is just really niceMdunny is just really niceMdunny is just really niceMdunny is just really nice

Hi all, I thought when I logged in today after a few days without reading this forum that there would be lots of people telling about receiving their passport requests..!

'fraid I've no update to report this week either.
Old Feb 16th 2011, 9:23 pm
Just Joined

ste1234 is just really niceste1234 is just really niceste1234 is just really niceste1234 is just really niceste1234 is just really niceste1234 is just really niceste1234 is just really niceste1234 is just really nice

The wait is getting to me now - i want my Passport back, cross border shopping trip is long overdue!

CIC London have had my passport for 18 working days now. I just hope Canada Post haven't done what they do best and have it sitting in a sorting office for two weeks.

As for updates on ECAS...pah!

Old Feb 17th 2011, 3:10 pm
Forum Regular

TomHoney has a reputation beyond reputeTomHoney has a reputation beyond reputeTomHoney has a reputation beyond reputeTomHoney has a reputation beyond reputeTomHoney has a reputation beyond reputeTomHoney has a reputation beyond reputeTomHoney has a reputation beyond reputeTomHoney has a reputation beyond reputeTomHoney has a reputation beyond reputeTomHoney has a reputation beyond reputeTomHoney has a reputation beyond repute

Well over two weeks since I had my fingerprints done and still no results.

I have tried calling and emailling as directed with no luck apart from

it can take up to 120 days.

so frustrating as London returned all our evidence so the only thing they are waiting on is this police check. and I need to get back to work. no money.

Hopefully they come today.

Good luck everyone else. Wish i had done my Canadian police check in the first place.
Old Feb 17th 2011, 3:21 pm
Account Closed

No update for me either... I actually just had a very interesting conversation with our local MP's office (burlington) in regard to this. Unknown to me my mother-in-law contacted their office and they called me today to discuss my case, and they said to me that I should expect to wait another 7 months before I get my PR. They said they got this advice from CIC to which I said there was obviously a disconnect between CIC in Canada and the high commission in London because they are quoting different times. They were obviously just taking the time off the website. I just hope that it isn't going to be another 7 months!!! I feel your pain Tom I also need to get back to work, day time TV in Canada is killing me.
Old Feb 17th 2011, 3:41 pm
Forum Regular

Mdunny is just really niceMdunny is just really niceMdunny is just really niceMdunny is just really niceMdunny is just really niceMdunny is just really niceMdunny is just really niceMdunny is just really nice

hey Dtilley, what do you mean by MP?

Sounds like they are wrong anyway, another 7 month wait from now cannot be right!
Old Feb 17th 2011, 3:49 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Mdunny
hey Dtilley, what do you mean by MP?

Sounds like they are wrong anyway, another 7 month wait from now cannot be right!
I mean the federal Member of Parliament for Burlington, Ontario. What they meant by 7 months is that my application has been with London since December 2, 2010, and London are quoting 9 months for the application to be completed. So I think it is obvious whoever they spoke to is just taking the information directly from the CIC website. I think in a round about way they were telling me to p*ss off because there is nothing they can do. I know my mother-in-law was only trying to help, but I could kill here because the phone call was totally out of the blue and caught me off guard. Anyway here is to hoping it is NOT going to 7 months.
Old Feb 17th 2011, 3:51 pm
Sawdust making harpy

mandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond repute

Thought i'd step in and join this thread if 'tis ok with you all. My application has been sat on the table awaiting the last couple of things to come on the post to include with it for a few days now!!!!!!!

As soon as those bits are here then off it goes.

Totally with all the others who say they keep checking and rechecking to make sure everythings all filled in / signed / sprayed with perfume and kissed, I may even check it one more time in a bit!!!!!!

Just one last query (or maybe 2) - there is a question that asks whether you want your app processed in your spouses home land (ie Canadian hubby the sposor and 'lil ol me the sponser-um-eeeeee) so we put yes (for the UK) and then it asks what visa office you want it processed - I put london UK down for this???

Is this right even though I know you send it to missississsssssauga initially.

Sorry for being a flake however since we got married and i'm in Canada unable to work my brain really has given up all hope of wanting to co-operate!
Old Feb 17th 2011, 4:15 pm
Just Joined

red_99 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by dtilley592
I mean the federal Member of Parliament for Burlington, Ontario. What they meant by 7 months is that my application has been with London since December 2, 2010, and London are quoting 9 months for the application to be completed. So I think it is obvious whoever they spoke to is just taking the information directly from the CIC website. I think in a round about way they were telling me to p*ss off because there is nothing they can do. I know my mother-in-law was only trying to help, but I could kill here because the phone call was totally out of the blue and caught me off guard. Anyway here is to hoping it is NOT going to 7 months.
Hi there,

You're situation sounds really similar to mine. Basically my timeline so far is:

Arrived in Canada: August 13th 2010
Applied to Mississauga: September 15th 2010
Approved at Mississauga: October 26th and file sent to London (UK)
PPR from London January 26th 2011
Passport Back from High Commission: Today February 17th 2011 (through UPS, don't use Canada Post they are terrible!!)

the whole time my case never showed up on eCas and I never received any progress reports from CIC, no contact whatsoever! Eventually, after speaking to a friend in T.O. he recommended I send an email to them to ask, very politely, if they needed any extra information for my application (he did this and got his PPR a week later) so I sent off the case specific enquiry email and lo and behold a week later I got my PPR!

The High Commission had my passport for just over a week before returning it
to my parents who have forwarded it to me.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.