Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London

Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London

Old Apr 28th 2014, 5:15 pm
Finding my Canadian Feet

AnneMarieC has a reputation beyond reputeAnneMarieC has a reputation beyond reputeAnneMarieC has a reputation beyond reputeAnneMarieC has a reputation beyond reputeAnneMarieC has a reputation beyond reputeAnneMarieC has a reputation beyond reputeAnneMarieC has a reputation beyond reputeAnneMarieC has a reputation beyond reputeAnneMarieC has a reputation beyond reputeAnneMarieC has a reputation beyond reputeAnneMarieC has a reputation beyond repute
Default re: Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London & Inland

Originally Posted by johnatron3000
Congratulations, AnneMarieC! So happy for you! However, now, I am getting worried as I fear we have been forgotten about. It's a bit nerve racking to check ECAS every morning to get let down. I know it will come but I am so impatient haha.
Hang in there - bet yours will come pretty quick since you're right around our date. Waiting is by FAR the most frustrating thing!
Old Apr 28th 2014, 5:17 pm
Finding my Canadian Feet

AnneMarieC has a reputation beyond reputeAnneMarieC has a reputation beyond reputeAnneMarieC has a reputation beyond reputeAnneMarieC has a reputation beyond reputeAnneMarieC has a reputation beyond reputeAnneMarieC has a reputation beyond reputeAnneMarieC has a reputation beyond reputeAnneMarieC has a reputation beyond reputeAnneMarieC has a reputation beyond reputeAnneMarieC has a reputation beyond reputeAnneMarieC has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by RheBot
It's official!

I accompanied my husband to the border yesterday, was easy peasy! Went inside while going into America, they were all incredibly nice/joking around with us, etc..
They gave us the slip they filled out for us flagpolling, re-entered into Canada, went inside (the guy was nice, but dare I say I always find the American's to be way nicer/more easy going!!) He signed his forms, and that was that, no questions asked!

So I am happy to say he is now a permanent resident! (with that said, we do have the conditional permanent residency, based on us living together for 2 years, which I am sure wont be a problem!) Just have to await the card in the mail now!

Thank you again everyone for all the help, I feel like we would have been A LOT more lost if it wasn't for this forum!
Good to hear it went well - we just got decision made today so am trying to figure out whether its worth renting a car for a weekend away across the border when we get the paperwork, and then land hubbie on our way back in. Or to literally flagpole it.
Old Apr 28th 2014, 5:23 pm
Forum Regular

ghunter has much to be proud ofghunter has much to be proud ofghunter has much to be proud ofghunter has much to be proud ofghunter has much to be proud ofghunter has much to be proud ofghunter has much to be proud ofghunter has much to be proud ofghunter has much to be proud ofghunter has much to be proud ofghunter has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by AnneMarieC
FINALLY!!!!!!!!!!!

ECAS check this morning and it's "decision made" ! WOOT WOOT! Now just awaiting the proverbial knock on the door from the postman.

Phew! So happy
Updated you on the spreadsheet. Congratulations!! What fantastic news for a Monday morning.
Old Apr 28th 2014, 6:07 pm
Concierge

SchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond repute

Good to hear it went well - we just got decision made today so am trying to figure out whether its worth renting a car for a weekend away across the border when we get the paperwork, and then land hubbie on our way back in. Or to literally flagpole it.
Logistically you can do either - up to you. If you're going down to the border anyway it can make for a good excuse to go somewhere for a weekend away!

Originally Posted by nicole15
OHHHHHHHH I need advice!!! Originally, I was going to apply Inland so I knew that I had to wait for the approval to go ahead and get my medical done. I decided to apply Outland via London instead because it is way faster, I thought that I would have to wait for a medical request again. Just did lots of research and realised that I am totally wrong and that I should've sent a medical at the time of sending my application!! I emailed CIC and also literally just made an appointment to have my medical done here in Winnipeg on 9th May. Is this going to ruin my application?? Has anyone else ever made this mistake????

It won't ruin your application, so calm down. It will, however, delay it. You are supposed to have the medical done before you apply, and you are supposed to provide a copy of the receipt with your application.

I'm curious as to what you put on the checklist then - Note item 12 on the Western Europe application found here: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/pdf/kits/guides/3901e.pdf:
"PROOF OF MEDICAL EXAMINATION
Include for yourself and each of your family members, proof of completion of the upfront medical examination from the Panel Physician."
Anyways, get yours done anyway, email them to let them know you've done it and scan the receipt.

If you look through the spreadsheet you'll find some people who didn't do the medical up front (2013: George1987, canuck22, OttawaBound) but you will also notice that they have longer than average wait times. Adjust your expectations to probably be more like 7-8 months.
Old Apr 28th 2014, 6:16 pm
Just Joined

RheBot is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Siouxie
Congratulations!!

Please tell him.... "Welcome to Canada eh!"
I certainly will!! Thank you!!
Old Apr 28th 2014, 6:17 pm
Just Joined

RheBot is an unknown quantity at this point

I agree with SchnookoLoly! Might be nice to have a little weekend celebration before landing!
Old Apr 28th 2014, 8:05 pm
Just Joined

nicole15 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by SchnookoLoly
Logistically you can do either - up to you. If you're going down to the border anyway it can make for a good excuse to go somewhere for a weekend away!

It won't ruin your application, so calm down. It will, however, delay it. You are supposed to have the medical done before you apply, and you are supposed to provide a copy of the receipt with your application.

I'm curious as to what you put on the checklist then - Note item 12 on the Western Europe application found here: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/pdf/kits/guides/3901e.pdf:
"PROOF OF MEDICAL EXAMINATION
Include for yourself and each of your family members, proof of completion of the upfront medical examination from the Panel Physician."
Anyways, get yours done anyway, email them to let them know you've done it and scan the receipt.

If you look through the spreadsheet you'll find some people who didn't do the medical up front (2013: George1987, canuck22, OttawaBound) but you will also notice that they have longer than average wait times. Adjust your expectations to probably be more like 7-8 months.
Thank you SchnookoLoly, I feel like a total idiot!! I just didn't tick the box - I was so thorough as well... I completely ignored the medical boxes because I assumed it was the same procedure as the Outland....
URRRRGH!!! I will take your advice and email them all the receipt as soon as I have completed the medical.

Thanks so much for your help - I feel better knowing I haven't complete wrecked everything!!!!
Old Apr 28th 2014, 10:51 pm
Just Joined

craigybaby is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi all,

how do i view the spreadsheet so i can see what the current timelines are looking like??
Old Apr 28th 2014, 11:12 pm
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by craigybaby
Hi all,

how do i view the spreadsheet so i can see what the current timelines are looking like??
Welcome to BE

The link is in SchnookoLoly's signature.

https://docs.google.com/a/emoderatio...eVZxYVE#gid=20
Old Apr 29th 2014, 12:56 am
Just Joined

craigybaby is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Siouxie
Welcome to BE

The link is in SchnookoLoly's signature.

https://docs.google.com/a/emoderatio...eVZxYVE#gid=20
Thank you, heres my details if you want to add them -

Application for PR under common law outside canada via London office but moving to Quebec

Application received by CIC 10/23/13
Sponsor approval 11/12/13
CSQ for quebec approved 11/27/13
CSQ received by London 12/4/13

No further information as yet however we did send off full medical. Police check etc all up front.

Thank you this is very useful...
Old Apr 29th 2014, 2:41 am
Concierge

SchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by craigybaby
Thank you, heres my details if you want to add them -

Application for PR under common law outside canada via London office but moving to Quebec

Application received by CIC 10/23/13
Sponsor approval 11/12/13
CSQ for quebec approved 11/27/13
CSQ received by London 12/4/13

No further information as yet however we did send off full medical. Police check etc all up front.

Thank you this is very useful...
Thanks!! As I've said a few times, best way to pay it forward if you've found the spreadsheet useful is to add your own line! Keep us updated and good luck!
Old Apr 29th 2014, 9:18 am
Forum Regular

Mary louise has a reputation beyond reputeMary louise has a reputation beyond reputeMary louise has a reputation beyond reputeMary louise has a reputation beyond reputeMary louise has a reputation beyond reputeMary louise has a reputation beyond reputeMary louise has a reputation beyond reputeMary louise has a reputation beyond reputeMary louise has a reputation beyond reputeMary louise has a reputation beyond reputeMary louise has a reputation beyond repute

could that fact you have several other family members already living in Canada delay your application ? On question 8 (do you have other family members living in Canada ?) I put down 10 (aunt and cousins - all of whom were either born there or have been there most of their lives - at least 30 years)

I am starting to see quite a few 'green' lines above and below my name on the spread sheet but I thought ours was a pretty straight forward application (lived together 14 years, married for 6, 2 Canadian citizen children, business already established in Canada that comes with a house..)

sigh...wish I was a fly on the wall in their office
Old Apr 29th 2014, 12:17 pm
Concierge

Originally Posted by Mary louise
could that fact you have several other family members already living in Canada delay your application ? On question 8 (do you have other family members living in Canada ?) I put down 10 (aunt and cousins - all of whom were either born there or have been there most of their lives - at least 30 years)

I am starting to see quite a few 'green' lines above and below my name on the spread sheet but I thought ours was a pretty straight forward application (lived together 14 years, married for 6, 2 Canadian citizen children, business already established in Canada that comes with a house..)

Only 5 applications after you have been processed, and they've all been exceptionally fast. The September applications have been the ones coming through en masse recently, so if I were you, I'd say sit tight for another 1-2 months before starting to worry. Processing times have slowed down a bit as well. The average is now just over 6 months, up from being just under 6 months, and if you look at the charts at the bottom of the sheet, on the one called "Processing times grouped together", you'll see that the vast majority of applications are being processed between 6.25 and 8 months.
Old Apr 29th 2014, 3:35 pm
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Mary louise

That question is on the applicant's form - so does the applicant (which ever of you is being sponsored, not the sponsor themselves) have blood relatives in Canada already?

Last edited by Siouxie; Apr 29th 2014 at 3:37 pm.
Old Apr 29th 2014, 5:45 pm
BE Enthusiast

burks has a reputation beyond reputeburks has a reputation beyond reputeburks has a reputation beyond reputeburks has a reputation beyond reputeburks has a reputation beyond reputeburks has a reputation beyond reputeburks has a reputation beyond reputeburks has a reputation beyond reputeburks has a reputation beyond reputeburks has a reputation beyond reputeburks has a reputation beyond repute

FINALLY!!!!!!!!!!!

ECAS check this morning and it's "decision made" ! WOOT WOOT! Now just awaiting the proverbial knock on the door from the postman.

Phew! So happy
Originally Posted by RheBot
It's official!

I accompanied my husband to the border yesterday, was easy peasy! Went inside while going into America, they were all incredibly nice/joking around with us, etc..
They gave us the slip they filled out for us flagpolling, re-entered into Canada, went inside (the guy was nice, but dare I say I always find the American's to be way nicer/more easy going!!) He signed his forms, and that was that, no questions asked!

So I am happy to say he is now a permanent resident! (with that said, we do have the conditional permanent residency, based on us living together for 2 years, which I am sure wont be a problem!) Just have to await the card in the mail now!

Thank you again everyone for all the help, I feel like we would have been A LOT more lost if it wasn't for this forum!
Congrats to you both

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.