Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London

Wikiposts

Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London

Old May 23rd 2019, 6:58 am
Just Joined

Hottawa is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London

Originally Posted by Siouxie
'Decision made' may not be specific to final processing - it can mean 'Decision Made Sponsor Approval' - 'Decision Made passed medical' - basically anywhere / anytime in the processing stages that a decision has been made. What does it say when you click on 'Decision Made' in eCAS? It should take you to a further page with more information... it's changed in the last couple of years though so you may be lucky!

I'd wait until your MyCIC is updated to be sure

This diagram shows you what each stage is and the terminology used.
https://services3.cic.gc.ca/ecas/red...r=app_perm_fam
Hi Siouxie, I was feeling pretty cautious about it but my husband got the passport request letter, so I think it's legit. The "DM" was on the PA section, not the sponsor section. The page in Ecas doesn't have much further but from what I've seen on another forum, that's pretty common now? Just wondering how we can upload the documents requested in the letter if they haven't updated GCKey and enabled the upload feature...

Last edited by Hottawa; May 23rd 2019 at 7:00 am.
Old May 23rd 2019, 7:45 am
BE Forum Addict

Hurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by FARAH1305
Does anyone have any timelines on how long you get your CoPR took to come through after sending new pictures to LVO?
Weeks not months (think 2/3 weeks-ish)

Last edited by Hurlabrick; May 23rd 2019 at 8:07 am.
Old May 23rd 2019, 7:51 am
Forum Regular

FARAH1305 has a reputation beyond reputeFARAH1305 has a reputation beyond reputeFARAH1305 has a reputation beyond reputeFARAH1305 has a reputation beyond reputeFARAH1305 has a reputation beyond reputeFARAH1305 has a reputation beyond reputeFARAH1305 has a reputation beyond reputeFARAH1305 has a reputation beyond reputeFARAH1305 has a reputation beyond reputeFARAH1305 has a reputation beyond reputeFARAH1305 has a reputation beyond repute

[QUOTE=Hurlabrick;12688074]
Does anyone have any timelines on how long you get your CoPR took to come through after sending new pictures to LVO?[/QUOTE

Weeks not months (think 2/3 weeks-ish)]
Thank you.
i've just logged into ECAS for the first time - and it says DECISION MADE!!!

Can't believe this is happening. So glad to be getting a green line soon!

Last edited by FARAH1305; May 23rd 2019 at 7:53 am.
Old May 23rd 2019, 8:08 am
BE Forum Addict

Hurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond repute

[QUOTE=FARAH1305;12688078]
Originally Posted by Hurlabrick

Thank you.
i've just logged into ECAS for the first time - and it says DECISION MADE!!!

Can't believe this is happening. So glad to be getting a green line soon!
Congratulations!
Old May 26th 2019, 12:34 am
Forum Regular

FARAH1305 has a reputation beyond reputeFARAH1305 has a reputation beyond reputeFARAH1305 has a reputation beyond reputeFARAH1305 has a reputation beyond reputeFARAH1305 has a reputation beyond reputeFARAH1305 has a reputation beyond reputeFARAH1305 has a reputation beyond reputeFARAH1305 has a reputation beyond reputeFARAH1305 has a reputation beyond reputeFARAH1305 has a reputation beyond reputeFARAH1305 has a reputation beyond repute

Weeks not months (think 2/3 weeks-ish)
Sorry for the another question - but at this point do you get another email correspondence with your CoPR or any kind of confirmation or is it just the mailed documents???
Old May 26th 2019, 12:36 am
BE Forum Addict

Sorry for the another question - but at this point do you get another email correspondence with your CoPR or any kind of confirmation or is it just the mailed documents???
They may now ask for a copy passport, but more likely they will just mail the CoPR. We didnt get any further letters or email.
Old May 26th 2019, 12:43 am
Forum Regular

They may now ask for a copy passport, but more likely they will just mail the CoPR. We didnt get any further letters or email.
Ugh - I hope they don't. My husband is traveling in and out of the UK for work and ideally would like to use his British passport not his Spanish one when coming back and forth from the UK.
Old May 26th 2019, 12:48 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Former Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond repute

Ugh - I hope they don't. My husband is traveling in and out of the UK for work and ideally would like to use his British passport not his Spanish one when coming back and forth from the UK.
They usually ask for copies of passport pages not the actual passport for UK citizens.
Old May 26th 2019, 3:31 am
BE Forum Addict

As FL said. BOTH the UK and Spain are 'visa exempt' countries for Canada, so the most they would ask for would be a photocopy of the passport bio page that your husband will be travelling to Canada under. I suspect they wont ask, but they might.
Old May 26th 2019, 6:40 am
Just Joined

no real plan is an unknown quantity at this point

Just an update for the spreadsheet!

I got passport request email on 22nd May 2019, and then "Decision Made" appeared in principal applicant's ECAS on 24th May 2019!!!

Can't believe it!!!!!
Old May 26th 2019, 8:36 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by no real plan
Just an update for the spreadsheet!

I got passport request email on 22nd May 2019, and then "Decision Made" appeared in principal applicant's ECAS on 24th May 2019!!!

Can't believe it!!!!!
Congratulations! Yes, Mississauga are considerably faster than London.
Old May 26th 2019, 9:50 am
Forum Regular

i've realised ive made a mistake with the new photos. i did not include the application number on the back of them.
should i resend? contact LVO?
Old May 26th 2019, 10:25 am
BE Forum Addict

i've realised ive made a mistake with the new photos. i did not include the application number on the back of them.
should i resend? contact LVO?
So you sent the new photos physically to LVO - I assume with a copy of their request letter (which itself would have had all you case file details)? If so, then no, don't bother, they will have plenty enough to link with your file.
Old May 26th 2019, 10:31 am
Forum Regular

So you sent the new photos physically to LVO - I assume with a copy of their request letter (which itself would have had all you case file details)? If so, then no, don't bother, they will have plenty enough to link with your file.
yes definitely with case file letter - just not the written file number on the back of the photos.
Old May 26th 2019, 10:32 am
BE Forum Addict

yes definitely with case file letter - just not the written file number on the back of the photos.
then relax....

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.