Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London

Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London

Old Mar 9th 2020, 11:55 am
BE Forum Addict

Hurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London

Originally Posted by Jezzer88
I had a request for an updated schedule A imm5669 on 24th February. It was a letter on gckey which requested it along with an original signature. Went in to the cic website searched for the form and filled it in, printed it out, signed it scanned it and attached it to my account. This was the form dated 062019. A few days later someone told me it was the wrong form it should be the one dated 112018. So I filled that in and sent it on a webform explaining what had happen. I had a response two days later saying that they had uploaded that form to my account. So now I just have to wait to see what happens!
You should always use the latest version of tge form as held on the CIC website, which sounds like the first one you used! Having said that, I wouldnt worry, unless it was a major material change, they usually cut people some slack ifvthey used a previous form.
Old Mar 9th 2020, 1:34 pm
Just Joined

Jezzer88 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Hurlabrick
You should always use the latest version of tge form as held on the CIC website, which sounds like the first one you used! Having said that, I wouldnt worry, unless it was a major material change, they usually cut people some slack ifvthey used a previous form.
Thank you, that’s what I thought, always use the newest form. The new one the fields are all smaller so you can’t fit in what you need to put, you can’t add more lines or validate the form. So you have to add separate sheets of paper with all the information on, which is very time consuming. They have both forms now so let’s hope they use some common sense and can get it done, I am so close to the end now, I just want it all over and done. It will be a year in May.
Old Mar 9th 2020, 1:46 pm
BE Forum Addict

Hurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond repute

You will be fine. A new Schedule A is the last thing they ask for before either 'passport request' or approval. If I had to guess, I would say you should hear something positive in a month or so, although actually getting your CoPR might still be a couple of weeks after that.
Old Mar 9th 2020, 3:18 pm
Just Joined

You will be fine. A new Schedule A is the last thing they ask for before either 'passport request' or approval. If I had to guess, I would say you should hear something positive in a month or so, although actually getting your CoPR might still be a couple of weeks after that.
that’s is really good to hear 😁 I was wondering what would be next. That would be perfect if I did. My wife will be very happy 😁😁
Old Mar 29th 2020, 4:40 pm
Just Joined

mckayne is an unknown quantity at this point

I am a May 2019 applicant and I received a pre-arrival letter 3 days after the London VO received our response/submission to a PFL. Is this a good sign?

The pre-arrival was received 3 weeks ago.
Old Mar 29th 2020, 4:43 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by mckayne
I am a May 2019 applicant and I received a pre-arrival letter 3 days after the London VO received our response/submission to a PFL. Is this a good sign?

The pre-arrival was received 3 weeks ago.
PFL??

Pre-arrival letters can be auto-generated sometimes spuriously. Having said that, you are definitely around the time since original submission where you should be finishing off your sponsorship, so I would expect / hope it will now be 'weeks not months' more waiting for you to get CoPR etc.
Old Mar 29th 2020, 5:18 pm
Just Joined

mckayne is an unknown quantity at this point

PFL??

Pre-arrival letters can be auto-generated sometimes spuriously. Having said that, you are definitely around the time since original submission where you should be finishing off your sponsorship, so I would expect / hope it will now be 'weeks not months' more waiting for you to get CoPR etc.
Would there be any value in applying for a visitor's visa at this time?
Considering dual intent.
Old Mar 29th 2020, 5:38 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by mckayne
Would there be any value in applying for a visitor's visa at this time?
Considering dual intent.
What nationality is the PA that they would need a visa to visit?? If British, then all you need is an ETA. You can come over any time under dual intent, suggest you have a read of this on wiki.

Having said that, good luck in getting any flights or crossing any border into Canada! Canada is closed to non-Canadians or non-PR's the only exception I can see is if you have a CoPR (I am not 100% up on all the latest restrictions). Plus even if you could come, which province would you settle in and do they cover you immediately for health insurance (Ontario has 3 months wait). You would not want to get the virus without health insurance as you would be liable for medical costs.

Last edited by Hurlabrick; Mar 29th 2020 at 6:12 pm.
Old Mar 29th 2020, 10:48 pm
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute

PFL??

Procedural Fairness Letter, I believe.. which could result in the process taking somewhat longer.,, they come into play if there is an issue with excessive demand or health issues.. not something we often come across on Spousal Sponsorship.
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration...-fairness.html
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration...ion-plans.html
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration...ssibility.html

Last edited by Siouxie; Mar 29th 2020 at 10:52 pm.
Old Mar 30th 2020, 9:29 am
Just Joined

What nationality is the PA that they would need a visa to visit?? If British, then all you need is an ETA. You can come over any time under dual intent, suggest you have a read of this on wiki.

Having said that, good luck in getting any flights or crossing any border into Canada! Canada is closed to non-Canadians or non-PR's the only exception I can see is if you have a CoPR (I am not 100% up on all the latest restrictions). Plus even if you could come, which province would you settle in and do they cover you immediately for health insurance (Ontario has 3 months wait). You would not want to get the virus without health insurance as you would be liable for medical costs.
you can enter Canada if you are an immediate family member, also Ontario has waived the 3 month waiting for ohip at the moment.
Old Mar 30th 2020, 9:52 am
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

you can enter Canada if you are an immediate family member
Only if your spouse has 'essential' reasons to be travelling to Canada though, don't think the spouse of somebody just wanting to move under dual intent would come under that exemption personally.
Old Mar 30th 2020, 12:42 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by christmasoompa
Only if your spouse has 'essential' reasons to be travelling to Canada though, don't think the spouse of somebody just wanting to move under dual intent would come under that exemption personally.
It does not restrict you to 'essential' travel, I think being with your family is 'essential' travel personally.

A foreign national who is an immediate family member of a Canadian citizen or permanent resident is exempt from the travel restrictions and permitted to travel to Canada if they have the required travel documents.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration...trictions.html
Old Mar 30th 2020, 1:17 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

It does not restrict you to 'essential' travel, I think being with your family is 'essential' travel personally.

A foreign national who is an immediate family member of a Canadian citizen or permanent resident is exempt from the travel restrictions and permitted to travel to Canada if they have the required travel documents.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration...trictions.html
"Your immediate family members must show that they’re coming to Canada for essential reasons and not reasons that are optional or discretionary, such as tourism, recreation or entertainment."

From this page - https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration...xemptions.html

HTH.
Old Mar 30th 2020, 4:23 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by christmasoompa
"Your immediate family members must show that they’re coming to Canada for essential reasons and not reasons that are optional or discretionary, such as tourism, recreation or entertainment."

From this page - https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration...xemptions.html

HTH.
I think being with your family is essential! and certainly not 'tourism, recreation or entertainment'!!
Old Mar 30th 2020, 5:42 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

I think being with your family is essential! and certainly not 'tourism, recreation or entertainment'!!
Just travelling with your spouse because you now want to live in Canada instead of waiting for COPR in the UK isn’t ‘essential’ IMO, there’s no need for either to travel in those circumstances and it’s certainly ‘optional or discretionary’.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.