Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London

Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London

Old Mar 30th 2020, 8:02 pm
Just Joined

Jezzer88 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London

Originally Posted by christmasoompa
Just travelling with your spouse because you now want to live in Canada instead of waiting for COPR in the UK isn’t ‘essential’ IMO, there’s no need for either to travel in those circumstances and it’s certainly ‘optional or discretionary’.
I didn't say anything about traveling with my spouse, you don't our situation. Please don't talk at me with your 'because you now want to live in Canada instead of waiting for COPR' and tell me there's no need to travel. It's also not 'optional or discretionary' so you can keep your opinion to yourself!

Also the person was asking a question to which a couple of us answered and you have now come on here, obviously bored and have decided to try and make your opinion the only one that matters. Please stop trying to push your view. Its clearing nothing to do with you so just leave it.
Old Mar 30th 2020, 10:44 pm
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jezzer88
I didn't say anything about traveling with my spouse, you don't our situation. Please don't talk at me with your 'because you now want to live in Canada instead of waiting for COPR' and tell me there's no need to travel. It's also not 'optional or discretionary' so you can keep your opinion to yourself!

Also the person was asking a question to which a couple of us answered and you have now come on here, obviously bored and have decided to try and make your opinion the only one that matters. Please stop trying to push your view. Its clearing nothing to do with you so just leave it.
EXCUSE ME???

May I remind you that christmasoompa is highly experienced in Immigration matters and apart from being a Super Moderator is a very well respected and liked member of our community.
Perhaps if you gave your full background advice could be 'tailored' to your situation. As it is, Christmasoompa has given you information as to how an CIBC Officer may interpret the new temporary rulings.

Any further personal attacks will be removed per our site rules.
1. Personal Attacks
BritishExpats.com is an interactive site, and everyone who participates is “in it together”, please treat others the way you wish to be treated. Personal attacks will not be tolerated. Challenge others’ points of view and opinions, but do so respectfully and thoughtfully … without insult or personal attack.

Last edited by Siouxie; Mar 30th 2020 at 10:48 pm.
Old Mar 31st 2020, 7:50 am
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

I didn't say anything about traveling with my spouse, you don't our situation.
Not sure why you've made this about you. We were specifically replying to the user 'mckayne', who is currently living in the UK with his Canadian spouse, and was talking about going to Canada with his spouse under dual intent. My comments were about HIS situation, not yours.
Old Mar 31st 2020, 9:03 am
Just Joined

Not sure why you've made this about you. We were specifically replying to the user 'mckayne', who is currently living in the UK with his Canadian spouse, and was talking about going to Canada with his spouse under dual intent. My comments were about HIS situation, not yours.
mckayne had stopped replying, I had replied a couple of times of you just kept replying to my replies quoting me and saying I was travelling with my spouse! You made this about me! Please go back and check again, you will see you kept coming back at me!
Old Mar 31st 2020, 9:09 am
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

mckayne had stopped replying, I had replied a couple of times of you just kept replying to my replies quoting me and saying I was travelling with my spouse! You made this about me! Please go back and check again, you will see you kept coming back at me!
No, I didn't. I've always been referring to mckayne's situation. That may be very different from yours, I have no idea what yours is and wasn't commenting on yours in the slightest.

Perhaps by 'I think being with your family is essential', you meant your own situation. Maybe you and I should both use 'one' rather than 'your' in the future to avoid any confusion. Again, I thought you were referring to mckayne's as that was the original point/question (and he's already with his family, so it's absolutely 'optional or discretionary' to be travelling in HIS situation).

Hope that clarifies it for you. Now let's get this thread back on track eh!

Old Mar 31st 2020, 10:13 am
Just Joined

No, I didn't. I've always been referring to mckayne's situation. That may be very different from yours, I have no idea what yours is and wasn't commenting on yours in the slightest.

Perhaps by 'I think being with your family is essential', you meant your own situation. Maybe you and I should both use 'one' rather than 'your' in the future to avoid any confusion. Again, I thought you were referring to mckayne's as that was the original point/question (and he's already with his family, so it's absolutely 'optional or discretionary' to be travelling in HIS situation).

Hope that clarifies it for you. Now let's get this thread back on track eh!
agreed maybe we should use ‘one’ lol

It very much looked like you were referring to me as you would quote me on each of your responses.

Absolutely let’s gets this back on track. Have a great day and stay safe.
Old May 13th 2020, 3:46 pm
Just Joined

mckayne is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello All,

We received the email below from CIC after following up on our spousal application. The 12 month processing time has elapsed. Thoughts??

"Dear Sir/Madam,Thank you for our email. We have received your enquiry regarding the status of your application.

The background and criminality assessments are complete and the application is pending a final assessment by an assessing officer.

Please note that given global restrictions resulting from COVID-19 and subsequent service disruptions we are currently providing essential services only. This has impacted application processing and we are not able to provide a timeframe for the completion of any assessments at this time.

We will endeavor to review your application as soon as possible once resumption of normal operations occurs, however please note that we are unable to respond to repeat enquiries.

We trust that this information will be of assistance and thank you for your patience and understanding during these uncertain times.

Sincerely"

Old May 13th 2020, 3:53 pm
BE Forum Addict

Hurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mckayne
Hello All,

We received the email below from CIC after following up on our spousal application. The 12 month processing time has elapsed. Thoughts??

"Dear Sir/Madam,Thank you for our email. We have received your enquiry regarding the status of your application.

The background and criminality assessments are complete and the application is pending a final assessment by an assessing officer.

Please note that given global restrictions resulting from COVID-19 and subsequent service disruptions we are currently providing essential services only. This has impacted application processing and we are not able to provide a timeframe for the completion of any assessments at this time.

We will endeavor to review your application as soon as possible once resumption of normal operations occurs, however please note that we are unable to respond to repeat enquiries.

We trust that this information will be of assistance and thank you for your patience and understanding during these uncertain times.

Sincerely"
Yes. They are ready for the final assessment (you are on the last lap) but there is no one / very few people in the office to do it due to the Covid19 lockdown affecting London, UK (LVO is in central London next to Trafalgar Square). No idea when this will change. That would be my guess as to what it means.
Old May 13th 2020, 3:56 pm
Just Joined

Thanks. What comes next if it's positive?
Old May 13th 2020, 4:05 pm
BE Forum Addict

Hurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks. What comes next if it's positive?
So they have completed 'background check'. Next step will be 'Decision Made', then either a passport copy request, OR issue of CoPR. Have a look at the spousal sponsorship wiki for more details.
Old May 13th 2020, 10:53 pm
Just Joined

Looking for the link to the Wiki. Searched around and can't find it
Old May 13th 2020, 11:17 pm
BE Forum Addict

Looking for the link to the Wiki. Searched around and can't find it
https://britishexpats.com/wiki/Spous...lication_Forms
Old Jun 29th 2020, 10:18 pm
Just Joined

Received this feedback from IRCC today via my MP. Thoughts??
  • The application was received at the Case Processing Centre in Sydney (CPC-S), Nova Scotia, on May , 2019.
  • The initial assessment to ensure the sponsor meets all the sponsorship requirementswas finalized on June 27, 2019.
    • the assessment for the applicant has been finalized on March 17, 2020 at the Canadian visa office in London.
  • The medical examination results are on file and valid until August 2, 2020, for the applicant.
  • The criminality verifications are currently valid.
  • The security verifications are currently valid.
  • We are working on processing applications as quickly as possible; however, processing times are affected and any disruptions caused by COVID-19 may not be reflected accurately on our website. We will make all the necessary efforts to finalize your constituent’s application as soon as possible.
PAL already received March 17th, 2020
Old Jun 29th 2020, 10:23 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Former Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond repute

Received this feedback from IRCC today via my MP. Thoughts??
  • The application was received at the Case Processing Centre in Sydney (CPC-S), Nova Scotia, on May , 2019.
  • The initial assessment to ensure the sponsor meets all the sponsorship requirementswas finalized on June 27, 2019.
    • the assessment for the applicant has been finalized on March 17, 2020 at the Canadian visa office in London.
  • The medical examination results are on file and valid until August 2, 2020, for the applicant.
  • The criminality verifications are currently valid.
  • The security verifications are currently valid.
  • We are working on processing applications as quickly as possible; however, processing times are affected and any disruptions caused by COVID-19 may not be reflected accurately on our website. We will make all the necessary efforts to finalize your constituent’s application as soon as possible.
PAL already received March 17th, 2020
Looks positive to me but the only snag is will they extend medical expiry date or have you do another medical. So any COPR form issued from today would expire the same date as the Medical date unless they extend it then issue the COPR after that date. Could you even do a landing before 2 August 2020 if it was issued today?
Old Jun 29th 2020, 10:47 pm
Just Joined

Thanks for the feedback. From your feedback, it seems a new medical request is likely. Unless there's a far-reaching decision to extend the medicals since we are all impacted by the COVID 19 pandemic. The VO insists on ensuring the PA lands before the medical expiry, then there's no other choice than to find an outbound flight.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.