Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London

Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London

Old Jul 7th 2019, 7:21 pm
Forum Regular

Netraam has a reputation beyond reputeNetraam has a reputation beyond reputeNetraam has a reputation beyond reputeNetraam has a reputation beyond reputeNetraam has a reputation beyond reputeNetraam has a reputation beyond reputeNetraam has a reputation beyond reputeNetraam has a reputation beyond reputeNetraam has a reputation beyond reputeNetraam has a reputation beyond reputeNetraam has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London

Thanks! Yes, all taken care of. Now let's hope the Irish Garda will not take too long with issuing yet another police record...

Almost there I hope!
Old Jul 7th 2019, 8:20 pm
Forum Regular

Lucyjane is an unknown quantity at this point

Biometrics instruction letter arrived 7th July !!!!!! Update the timeline!!

now just need to figure out how to leave Corfu and the nearest place!

Old Jul 7th 2019, 10:29 pm
Just Joined

gavtodd is an unknown quantity at this point

Hurlabrick - still no movement on our application since we received the invitation to pre-arrival services in May. Starting to loose hope! How long can a background check take?

We are officially past the 1 year as of Monday. I can't believe how long this is taking, and yet how quick it is for some!

Old Jul 8th 2019, 12:56 pm
BE Forum Addict

Hurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Lucyjane
Biometrics instruction letter arrived 7th July !!!!!! Update the timeline!!

now just need to figure out how to leave Corfu and the nearest place!

We don't seem to have you on the tracking spreadsheet. Happy to add you, but need a few details first:

- Date pack received in Sydney
- Common law or married?
- Nationality of PA
- Rouighly where you live at the moment?
Old Jul 8th 2019, 12:58 pm
BE Forum Addict

Hurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by gavtodd
Hurlabrick - still no movement on our application since we received the invitation to pre-arrival services in May. Starting to loose hope! How long can a background check take?

We are officially past the 1 year as of Monday. I can't believe how long this is taking, and yet how quick it is for some!
Unfortunately there is no set timescale for background checks. Can take days, weeks or at an extreme, months. Depends on how common your name is, whether there is another 'interesting person with a similar name or DOB, who your family and friends might know or have met etc. My wife's took 2 days as she has an unusual name and was already security cleared by HMG. Shouldn't be long now though!
Old Jul 8th 2019, 2:12 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Hurlabrick
We don't seem to have you on the tracking spreadsheet. Happy to add you, but need a few details first:

- Date pack received in Sydney
- Common law or married?
- Nationality of PA
- Rouighly where you live at the moment?

April 24th received in Sydney
married 9th March
british
uk/Greece
Old Jul 8th 2019, 3:12 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Lucyjane

April 24th received in Sydney
married 9th March
british
uk/Greece
Thank you. Added to spreadsheet. Just post updates on this thread and I will spot them.
Old Jul 9th 2019, 10:41 am
Forum Regular

Thank you. Added to spreadsheet. Just post updates on this thread and I will spot them.
Thanks Hurlabrick!
letter through for Medical too which I’m doing with Biometrics in Athens on Friday.

glad to finally get some indication all was received and I have my application number and UCI

Old Jul 10th 2019, 9:22 pm
Just Joined

slone1 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Hurlabrick,
Could you please add me too? Also, how do I view the timeline for other applications made?
Many thanks,
​​​​Slone
Old Jul 10th 2019, 9:25 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by slone1
Hi Hurlabrick,
Could you please add me too? Also, how do I view the timeline for other applications made?
Many thanks,
​​​​Slone
Happy to do so. To view the spreadsheet ( and also the information In need to add you) simply click on the link entitled 'Spousal Sponsorship via London spreadsheet' in my signature line below. You probably need to be looking at the forum on a 'normal' PC (i.e. not a tablet or cellphone) to see the links.
Old Jul 15th 2019, 2:20 pm
Just Joined

Hurlabrick - we received notification today that the application had been approved, and we got a .pdf to download called 'letter accompanying the visa' !!

What's the next step? We have a flight to Canada on the 24th! Hope everything comes to our address in the UK before then!

Gavin

Old Jul 15th 2019, 2:38 pm
BE Forum Addict

Hurlabrick - we received notification today that the application had been approved, and we got a .pdf to download called 'letter accompanying the visa' !!

What's the next step? We have a flight to Canada on the 24th! Hope everything comes to our address in the UK before then!

Gavin
Congratulations! Spreadsheet updated.

The next step is that you need them to send you your CoPR, without that you cannot 'land and declare PR'. If you get that in time, great - do your landing (if you want) and remember your 'goods accompanying / goods to follow' if you are also 'landing as settler' (see wiki). There is a hope that you might get it before your flight, but I would guess that you have a less than 50 / 50 chance of this, so I wouldn't bank on it.

If not then I assume you are going under dual intent, in which case you will of course need an ETA before the flight. I would print out your notification of DM to have with you in case the CBSA officer wants proof that your spousal spo0nsorship is underway.
Old Jul 15th 2019, 2:44 pm
Just Joined

Thanks, Hurlabrick . If we travel without it, would it be possible to also complete a landing at one of the land borders? COuld always have the documentaiton mailed to us by our neighbor here and then do our landing while in North America.

Old Jul 15th 2019, 2:51 pm
BE Forum Addict

Thanks, Hurlabrick . If we travel without it, would it be possible to also complete a landing at one of the land borders? COuld always have the documentaiton mailed to us by our neighbor here and then do our landing while in North America.
Yes of course. You can either take a day trip or a short trip to the USA and re-enter Canada to declare PR, or 'flagpole' (i.e. not actually enter the USA), again see wiki. I believe you can also 'book a landing' at a CIC office. Be careful if you try to 'flagpole' at one of the busy Niagara crossings as they only allow flagpoling at certain times (i.e. not peak times). But other crossings apart from those are fine at any time.

If you get neighbours to mail it, strongly suggest they send it by 'proper' international courier (and NOT Royal Mail) - like FEDEX, UPS, DHL etc.
Old Jul 15th 2019, 6:23 pm
Forum Regular

Bow21 has a reputation beyond reputeBow21 has a reputation beyond reputeBow21 has a reputation beyond reputeBow21 has a reputation beyond reputeBow21 has a reputation beyond reputeBow21 has a reputation beyond reputeBow21 has a reputation beyond reputeBow21 has a reputation beyond reputeBow21 has a reputation beyond reputeBow21 has a reputation beyond reputeBow21 has a reputation beyond repute

Timeline update please

GCKEY has updated and said that decision made.
We have also received an email from CIC saying we have till the 12/03/2020 to make the move. And COPR is in the post and loads of other stuff.

Thanks to everyone 😀😀😀😀

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.