Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London

Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London

Old May 27th 2019, 12:12 pm
Forum Regular

FARAH1305 has a reputation beyond reputeFARAH1305 has a reputation beyond reputeFARAH1305 has a reputation beyond reputeFARAH1305 has a reputation beyond reputeFARAH1305 has a reputation beyond reputeFARAH1305 has a reputation beyond reputeFARAH1305 has a reputation beyond reputeFARAH1305 has a reputation beyond reputeFARAH1305 has a reputation beyond reputeFARAH1305 has a reputation beyond reputeFARAH1305 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London

Originally Posted by Hurlabrick
then relax....
lol
ok phew.
I did send LVO an email before i read your message asking if they wanted me to resend - hopefully they won't. LOL
Old May 30th 2019, 12:00 pm
Just Joined

gavtodd is an unknown quantity at this point

Hurlabrick - got a note through today regarding pre-arrival services. Also they have 'started' our background checks now.

How much longer do you think we have?
Old May 30th 2019, 12:07 pm
BE Forum Addict

Hurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by gavtodd
Hurlabrick - got a note through today regarding pre-arrival services. Also they have 'started' our background checks now.

How much longer do you think we have?
As you probably know, pre-arrival services are offered when they have approved the PA for eligibility. The next and last step is then background checks. The step after that might be either copy passport request, OR decision made and the steps after that would be issue of CoPR.

For a Brit PA, BGC should take days or weeks, unlikely to be months - my wifes BGC took 2 days, but then she has an unusual name and was already security cleared for her work. Depends to an extent on how common the name and DOB is and who the PA may know or be related to and who they know (think 'shady characters' or 'terrorists'!).
Old Jun 3rd 2019, 9:59 am
Forum Regular

FARAH1305 has a reputation beyond reputeFARAH1305 has a reputation beyond reputeFARAH1305 has a reputation beyond reputeFARAH1305 has a reputation beyond reputeFARAH1305 has a reputation beyond reputeFARAH1305 has a reputation beyond reputeFARAH1305 has a reputation beyond reputeFARAH1305 has a reputation beyond reputeFARAH1305 has a reputation beyond reputeFARAH1305 has a reputation beyond reputeFARAH1305 has a reputation beyond repute

We still haven't received our CoPR in the post. Anyone else's taken this long to come through???
Old Jun 3rd 2019, 11:59 am
Just Joined

gavtodd is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Hurlabrick
As you probably know, pre-arrival services are offered when they have approved the PA for eligibility. The next and last step is then background checks. The step after that might be either copy passport request, OR decision made and the steps after that would be issue of CoPR.

For a Brit PA, BGC should take days or weeks, unlikely to be months - my wifes BGC took 2 days, but then she has an unusual name and was already security cleared for her work. Depends to an extent on how common the name and DOB is and who the PA may know or be related to and who they know (think 'shady characters' or 'terrorists'!).
How does the issuing of the CoPR work. We started the application as 'out of the country' but are now in Canada under dual intent. Will my partner need to return to the UK to collect the CoPr? We have a trip planned to be back in the UK for July so it may work out nicely. Will it cause any travel issues leaving Canada if it is issued and we don't yet have it?
Old Jun 3rd 2019, 2:25 pm
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by gavtodd
How does the issuing of the CoPR work. We started the application as 'out of the country' but are now in Canada under dual intent. Will my partner need to return to the UK to collect the CoPr? We have a trip planned to be back in the UK for July so it may work out nicely. Will it cause any travel issues leaving Canada if it is issued and we don't yet have it?
Have you updated the address with Immigration Canada? That's essential!

The COPR is sent to the address that you give - once received you can either go to the border / leave the country and validate the COPR on re-entry to Canada or you can do the 'landing' at an Inland Immigration Office.

One thing to be aware of is that you won't receive your PR card for a number of weeks and you must have a PR card in order to get on a flight back to Canada once you have validated the COPR and become a Permanent Resident... OR a Permanent Resident Travel Document, which you would need to apply for from within the UK. If you have some spare time before your COPR will expire - normally 1 year from the date of the medical or when your passport expires (which ever comes sooner) - then it may be worth deferring validating your COPR until you are back in Canada - but if you receive it in time then do the 'landing' on your return trip from the UK. (It won't cause any issues if you don't validate the COPR straight away, only if you let it expire!)

All this and more in our wonderful wiki
https://britishexpats.com/wiki/Spous..._COPR_document
https://britishexpats.com/wiki/Spous..._Forms#Landing
https://britishexpats.com/wiki/Landing_as_PR-Canada

Last edited by Siouxie; Jun 3rd 2019 at 2:27 pm.
Old Jun 4th 2019, 9:03 pm
Just Joined

no real plan is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by FARAH1305
We still haven't received our CoPR in the post. Anyone else's taken this long to come through???
Same. Still no COPR.

My ECAS (Principal Applicant's) said ā€œDecision Madeā€ on May 25th 2019. My GCkey/CIC still as of today, June 4th 2019 still says ā€œIn progressā€.

I got my passport request on May 22nd 2019 and promptly uploaded my information and sent off my PR photos via Special Delivery, and they have been delivered/signed for, but I still havenā€™t got COPR either.

I would have expected 2-3 weeks for COPR to arrive, but I know some Outland Brits in other forums have got their COPR in 7 days from sending off their PR photos and info. I guess it will turn up when it does, I just hope my photos etc are all ok!

Good luck!
Old Jun 7th 2019, 5:06 am
Forum Regular

Bow21 has a reputation beyond reputeBow21 has a reputation beyond reputeBow21 has a reputation beyond reputeBow21 has a reputation beyond reputeBow21 has a reputation beyond reputeBow21 has a reputation beyond reputeBow21 has a reputation beyond reputeBow21 has a reputation beyond reputeBow21 has a reputation beyond reputeBow21 has a reputation beyond reputeBow21 has a reputation beyond repute

Spreadsheet update.

Got our request for copies of passports and appendix A through an email from missauga yesterday. šŸ˜®
Old Jun 7th 2019, 9:05 pm
BE Forum Addict

Hurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bow21
Spreadsheet update.

Got our request for copies of passports and appendix A through an email from missauga yesterday. šŸ˜®
Congratulations! Last lap now. Spreadsheet updated
Old Jun 10th 2019, 10:16 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by no real plan

Same. Still no COPR.

My ECAS (Principal Applicant's) said ā€œDecision Madeā€ on May 25th 2019. My GCkey/CIC still as of today, June 4th 2019 still says ā€œIn progressā€.

I got my passport request on May 22nd 2019 and promptly uploaded my information and sent off my PR photos via Special Delivery, and they have been delivered/signed for, but I still havenā€™t got COPR either.

I would have expected 2-3 weeks for COPR to arrive, but I know some Outland Brits in other forums have got their COPR in 7 days from sending off their PR photos and info. I guess it will turn up when it does, I just hope my photos etc are all ok!

Good luck!
still nothing in the post for me ... how about you?
Old Jun 13th 2019, 10:15 pm
Just Joined

no real plan is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by FARAH1305
still nothing in the post for me ... how about you?
Still nothing in the post. Has your GCKey/CIC account been updated? Still only my ECAS account says ā€œDecision Madeā€
Old Jun 15th 2019, 12:06 pm
Forum Regular

Lucyjane is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello,
almost 8 weeks and no letter, email or receipt of acknowledgement they have received our sponsorship application.
should we be expecting a letter or email?

we used a PO BOX and husbands address in Canada. Would they have sent it back to Fed Ex by any chance?!

just so worried

many thanks
Old Jun 15th 2019, 4:04 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Lucyjane
Almost 8 weeks and no letter, email or receipt of acknowledgement they have received our sponsorship application.
8 weeks is quite long for AOR1, but not unheard of. Unfortunately, you have no choice but to continue waiting. Yes, they should send AOR1 by email (if you indicated your email address). Have you checked spam and other folders??

We used a PO BOX and husbands address in Canada. Would they have sent it back to Fed Ex by any chance?!
Until you get AOR1, they could return the application as incomplete. If they do this, they will normally send you an email first, then the pack is returned via normal mail (NOT FEDEX).

SAorry - nowt to do but wait and keep your fingers crossed, but do check spam etc....

Old Jun 15th 2019, 4:22 pm
Forum Regular

Netraam has a reputation beyond reputeNetraam has a reputation beyond reputeNetraam has a reputation beyond reputeNetraam has a reputation beyond reputeNetraam has a reputation beyond reputeNetraam has a reputation beyond reputeNetraam has a reputation beyond reputeNetraam has a reputation beyond reputeNetraam has a reputation beyond reputeNetraam has a reputation beyond reputeNetraam has a reputation beyond repute

Hello,
almost 8 weeks and no letter, email or receipt of acknowledgement they have received our sponsorship application.

we used a PO BOX and husbands address in Canada. Would they have sent it back to Fed Ex by any chance?!

just so worried

many thanks
It took like 10 weeks for me to get a sign of life, so nothing out of the ordinary (yet!) Good luck!
Old Jun 16th 2019, 3:39 am
Forum Regular

Lucyjane is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks for the replies, will wait a few more weeks :-(
yep checking daily!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.