Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London

Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London

Old Jun 13th 2017, 9:39 pm
BE Forum Addict

Vulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London

Originally Posted by amyg339
So just out of curiosity ... why would it be the case that someone who's application was received a day after mine in Mississauga, (they are from from Ireland UK and I'm from Wales UK) have had correspondence before me? I know impatient but just curious? TIA
Your file got dropped on the floor. They got a visa officer who just went through a break-up and is throwing themselves into their work. You got a visa officer who's other main file is from a thrice-married Qatari with several children who've already committed immigration fraud. You got a second generation Irish case officer who's firmly of the view Ireland is not in the UK, and wants to make you sweat. They included a $50 bill in their app. Etc etc etc.
Old Jun 14th 2017, 3:34 am
PMM
Lost in BE Cyberspace

PMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond repute

Hi

Originally Posted by Hurlabrick
Right! That does it! Case specific enquiry sent to chase my wife's PR card. We landed 11th April and no sign to date.

Glad for you - fingers crossed for us!

1. Posted processing time is 57 days + mailing time, give it a few more days.
Old Jun 14th 2017, 2:16 pm
BE Forum Addict

Hurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Vulcanoid
Your file got dropped on the floor. They got a visa officer who just went through a break-up and is throwing themselves into their work. You got a visa officer who's other main file is from a thrice-married Qatari with several children who've already committed immigration fraud. You got a second generation Irish case officer who's firmly of the view Ireland is not in the UK, and wants to make you sweat. They included a $50 bill in their app. Etc etc etc.
Loosely translated as 'who knows, that's just the way it is!'
Old Jun 14th 2017, 4:46 pm
Concierge

SchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Vulcanoid
Hahahahaha this made me laugh. This is an excellent post.

And it's entirely accurate. It's a day difference. Who knows why. There are a billion and one reasons. Don't sweat it.
Old Jun 20th 2017, 9:56 pm
Forum Regular

MelVan has a reputation beyond reputeMelVan has a reputation beyond reputeMelVan has a reputation beyond reputeMelVan has a reputation beyond reputeMelVan has a reputation beyond reputeMelVan has a reputation beyond reputeMelVan has a reputation beyond reputeMelVan has a reputation beyond reputeMelVan has a reputation beyond reputeMelVan has a reputation beyond reputeMelVan has a reputation beyond repute

I checked ecas today and I am showing "Decision Made". That must have come through over the past day or so as I last checked on the weekend. So that's good news, and from the date of application on 23 January, that's 148 days. I was assigned to Ottawa.

So some more updating and another green line for the spreadsheet!

Thanks again for the help and great resources here.
Old Jun 20th 2017, 10:20 pm
Forum Regular

AshMyl has a reputation beyond reputeAshMyl has a reputation beyond reputeAshMyl has a reputation beyond reputeAshMyl has a reputation beyond reputeAshMyl has a reputation beyond reputeAshMyl has a reputation beyond reputeAshMyl has a reputation beyond reputeAshMyl has a reputation beyond reputeAshMyl has a reputation beyond reputeAshMyl has a reputation beyond reputeAshMyl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MelVan
I checked ecas today and I am showing "Decision Made". That must have come through over the past day or so as I last checked on the weekend. So that's good news, and from the date of application on 23 January, that's 148 days. I was assigned to Ottawa.

Excellant news... Ours was in around the same time as you and also went to Ottawa.. so fingers crossed now.. you have got our hopes up! Did you get an e-mail when they started to 'Review your Eligibility?'. That is the next part on my Status as far as I can see, and anxiously waiting for that update
Old Jun 21st 2017, 12:35 am
Forum Regular

MelVan has a reputation beyond reputeMelVan has a reputation beyond reputeMelVan has a reputation beyond reputeMelVan has a reputation beyond reputeMelVan has a reputation beyond reputeMelVan has a reputation beyond reputeMelVan has a reputation beyond reputeMelVan has a reputation beyond reputeMelVan has a reputation beyond reputeMelVan has a reputation beyond reputeMelVan has a reputation beyond repute

Hi AshMyl

No email for "review your eligibility". The only emails I received were:

- a kind of AOR (link your application)

- request for medicals

The request for IMM5569 came via MyCIC. My sponsor got emails for sponsor approval, and notification that my PR application would be assigned to Ottawa (I did not receive any separate notice about that).

The only changes in status that happened on eCas and MyCIC were once I'd submitted IMM5569, it changed to "we are reviewing your eligibility" and "background check in progress", and after my medicals were submitted ("you passed the medical exam").

Now I am starting to plan my landing (just before Christmas this year)!!! That won't be re-settlement though, as we have business and stuff to finish up before we move to Vancouver and that will probably take a few more months to wrap up.

But getting very excited already!!!!

Cheers
MelVan

Last edited by MelVan; Jun 21st 2017 at 12:36 am. Reason: Grammar
Old Jun 21st 2017, 9:50 am
BE Forum Addict

Hurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MelVan

Many congrats! Spreadsheet updated.
Old Jun 21st 2017, 10:53 am
Forum Regular

gruffchris is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi,

I was hoping for some advice and help if possible?

My fiance is Canadian (winnipeg) I'm British. We've just been back to Canada so she could hand in her forms to get married in the UK.

She has been living with me in the UK on a visitors visa since Feb this year.

She now has the marriage 6 months visa to the UK and we plan to get married in September in the UK, but we plan to live in Canada.

So I've been reading through this forum and it seems people are waiting for 10 months or so to be approved, but i'm not sure if they are inland or outland?

I would like to know what the best process for moving forward for us will be?

Which way involves us being apart the least, not at all if necessary.

If after we're married can i fly back to Canada and start the process their so we don't have to be apart for months on end? Or once we're married can I start the app whilst shes here and then go back with her, when it's done, leave and re enter?

Any help will be greatly appreciated.
Old Jun 21st 2017, 11:32 am
BE Forum Addict

Vulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by gruffchris

So I've been reading through this forum and it seems people are waiting for 10 months or so to be approved, but i'm not sure if they are inland or outland?
Either. Both. Traditionally, there have been three distinct processing times. You get to choose inland/outland. If you choose outland, there's a further division between Ottawa/London which you don't get to choose (IRCC do, on no discernible grounds).
Outland (Ottawa) 3-5 months
Outland (London) 8-11 months
Inland 18-24 months.

There's some evidence that processing times for inland are coming down as part of the new system brought in in December 2016, but the new global target is 12 months for everything, so 6 months in there's no firm data on how that's going.

Neither of them need involve being apart.

If after we're married can i fly back to Canada and start the process their so we don't have to be apart for months on end? Or once we're married can I start the app whilst shes here and then go back with her, when it's done, leave and re enter?

You can start an outland application as soon as you're married and have proof of that (I have no idea how marriage proof works - do you get a copy of the certificate in the wedding? Do you need to wait for it to be sent to you?). Or you can wait until you're both in Canada and file inland app. If you do that, you must arrive in Canada as a visitor (ie don't move over with all your stuff).
Old Jun 21st 2017, 11:37 am
BE Forum Addict

Hi,

I was hoping for some advice and help if possible?

My fiance is Canadian (winnipeg) I'm British. We've just been back to Canada so she could hand in her forms to get married in the UK.

She has been living with me in the UK on a visitors visa since Feb this year.

She now has the marriage 6 months visa to the UK and we plan to get married in September in the UK, but we plan to live in Canada.

I would like to know what the best process for moving forward for us will be?

What Vulcanoid said.

Plus, if you haven't spotted it yet, there is a wealth of wiki articles on spousal sponsorship. Check out the links below:

Spousal Sponsorship-Canada : British Expat Wiki

Spousal Sponsorship-Canada/FAQ - New Application Forms : British Expat Wiki
Old Jun 21st 2017, 12:06 pm
Forum Regular

Thank you both very much for your speedy responses.

She is on a marriage visa that runs out on 22 Dec.....

If I apply once we're married on 2nd Sept, then will she be able to stay with me in the UK till it's processed?

is there another visa she need to apply for?

Cheers.
Old Jun 21st 2017, 12:43 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

If I apply once we're married on 2nd Sept, then will she be able to stay with me in the UK till it's processed?

Cheers.
This section of the forum is just for Canadian visa related queries, but we have a section to ask about UK visas, so please post your question there where you'll hopefully get some help with that side of things - Citizenship/Passports and Spouse/Family Visas (UK) - British Expats

HTH.
Old Jun 21st 2017, 12:48 pm
BE Forum Addict

Cheers.
I don't know about your specific UK visa question, no doubt someone else will be along shortly.

If you applied for spousal sponsorship (outland), say mid / late - September (once you are married), then an alternative is that you could go with her to Canada in December and wait under 'dual intent' (see link below). The 'gotcha' is that you would not be able to work until you received final approval, which depending on which office it goes to, could take 4 - 6 months (Ottawa) and perhaps 6 - 12 months (London).

Spousal Sponsorship-Canada : British Expat Wiki
Old Jun 21st 2017, 12:56 pm
Forum Regular

Fantastic!

Yeah I'm working from home today so i'm doing as much research as possible.

I've been looking through the wiki and also been through a lot of pages on this thread.

Just want to thank everyone for the information.

She'll be up soon so I can go through with her what I've found.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.