Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London

Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London

Old May 30th 2017, 6:19 pm
Concierge

SchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London

If it's requiring a signature, my inclination would be to send it by post. That said, if their email says it's fine to email it, then just do that.
Old May 30th 2017, 7:23 pm
Forum Regular

L0VE has a reputation beyond reputeL0VE has a reputation beyond reputeL0VE has a reputation beyond reputeL0VE has a reputation beyond reputeL0VE has a reputation beyond reputeL0VE has a reputation beyond reputeL0VE has a reputation beyond reputeL0VE has a reputation beyond reputeL0VE has a reputation beyond reputeL0VE has a reputation beyond reputeL0VE has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by kathleennz
Hi there! We got the same email from CIC, seems to me that the form changed maybe because we rechecked our application quite a number of times. Our email doesn't specify where to send it to and I was wondering if yours did? It also says it then sits back in the queue for processing which seems like a bit of a pain if it's going to take another month after they receive that form? Thanks for your help!

Hi Kathleen,

I sent ours back, tracked to their courier address. Where I sent our application form to. Like you I was unsure because they didn't say where to in the email!

Case Processing Centre – Mississauga
2 Robert Speck Parkway, Suite 300
Mississauga, ON
L4Z 1H8

Our form was the new one. I've a saved copy on my desktop so I printed it off and signed it.

When I got our application ready, I double checked them all online, printed them and I can't remember signing them? Hopefully, this is the ONLY form I made this mistake with. Partner reckons I only asked him to sign one form! However I'm not worrying, we're in no rush, just happy it's all moving along.
Old Jun 1st 2017, 1:54 pm
Just Joined

kathleennz is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by L0VE
Hi Kathleen,

I sent ours back, tracked to their courier address. Where I sent our application form to. Like you I was unsure because they didn't say where to in the email!

Case Processing Centre – Mississauga
2 Robert Speck Parkway, Suite 300
Mississauga, ON
L4Z 1H8

Our form was the new one. I've a saved copy on my desktop so I printed it off and signed it.

When I got our application ready, I double checked them all online, printed them and I can't remember signing them? Hopefully, this is the ONLY form I made this mistake with. Partner reckons I only asked him to sign one form! However I'm not worrying, we're in no rush, just happy it's all moving along.
Hi!

Thanks very much. We've now sent ours as well and tracked it to that address.

Hopefully we'll hear good news soon!
Old Jun 3rd 2017, 4:44 am
Just Joined

smojphace is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi all, an update:

After the landing on 31 April (we filled both the goods accompanying and to follow forms), the PR card arrived at our Canadian address last Friday the 26th. That makes 37 work days (not calendar days) for processing and delivery. The card has now arrived in our hands in Hong Kong, ready for our move in July!

Thanks again for all your help, everyone.
Old Jun 7th 2017, 12:30 pm
Forum Regular

sunshinedust has a reputation beyond reputesunshinedust has a reputation beyond reputesunshinedust has a reputation beyond reputesunshinedust has a reputation beyond reputesunshinedust has a reputation beyond reputesunshinedust has a reputation beyond reputesunshinedust has a reputation beyond reputesunshinedust has a reputation beyond reputesunshinedust has a reputation beyond reputesunshinedust has a reputation beyond reputesunshinedust has a reputation beyond repute

Do you know whats great? Waiting almost a month from Sponsor Approval for Meds/Additional Docs request, logging in to check the application status to see that they have apparently requested these and to "see messages below for more details" and there being no messages to check. Googling tells me this is a widespread system error rather than any real progress, frustrating!
Old Jun 9th 2017, 6:17 pm
BE Forum Addict

Hurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by smojphace
Hi all, an update:

After the landing on 31 April (we filled both the goods accompanying and to follow forms), the PR card arrived at our Canadian address last Friday the 26th. That makes 37 work days (not calendar days) for processing and delivery. The card has now arrived in our hands in Hong Kong, ready for our move in July!

Thanks again for all your help, everyone.
Right! That does it! Case specific enquiry sent to chase my wife's PR card. We landed 11th April and no sign to date.

Glad for you - fingers crossed for us!
Old Jun 9th 2017, 9:59 pm
Forum Regular

AshMyl has a reputation beyond reputeAshMyl has a reputation beyond reputeAshMyl has a reputation beyond reputeAshMyl has a reputation beyond reputeAshMyl has a reputation beyond reputeAshMyl has a reputation beyond reputeAshMyl has a reputation beyond reputeAshMyl has a reputation beyond reputeAshMyl has a reputation beyond reputeAshMyl has a reputation beyond reputeAshMyl has a reputation beyond repute

Just noticed when I logged into MyCIC tonight that the layout of the page has changed. Also, there is now a new (I think) line item for 'Biometrics' listed on it. Also, the wording has changed a little (I think) for the status as it now says that 'Background check - Your application is in progress. We will send you a message when we start your background check.'
Old Jun 10th 2017, 11:57 am
Forum Regular

Mattc24 is an unknown quantity at this point

Just a quick query re our spousal PR application (medicals and police checks passed in March and application now in Ottawa).
Our two children are Canadian citizens, at the time of sending off our application in February we only had proof of citizenship for one of them. We had applied for citizenship for our second child and included proof of this in our application.
Well in the post today we have received the certificate of Canadian Citizenship for our second child. I was wondering is it worth sending a copy of this to CIC and how i can go about doing that? Is there a way of logging in and uploading it to my application as i can't see anything in there or is there some other portal for sending documents?

Thanks
Matt.

Last edited by Mattc24; Jun 10th 2017 at 12:01 pm.
Old Jun 10th 2017, 11:57 am
Forum Regular

Mattc24 is an unknown quantity at this point

I noticed this to this morning.

Originally Posted by AshMyl
Just noticed when I logged into MyCIC tonight that the layout of the page has changed. Also, there is now a new (I think) line item for 'Biometrics' listed on it. Also, the wording has changed a little (I think) for the status as it now says that 'Background check - Your application is in progress. We will send you a message when we start your background check.'
Old Jun 10th 2017, 4:25 pm
BE Forum Addict

Hurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Mattc24
Just a quick query re our spousal PR application (medicals and police checks passed in March and application now in Ottawa).
Our two children are Canadian citizens, at the time of sending off our application in February we only had proof of citizenship for one of them. We had applied for citizenship for our second child and included proof of this in our application.
Well in the post today we have received the certificate of Canadian Citizenship for our second child. I was wondering is it worth sending a copy of this to CIC and how i can go about doing that? Is there a way of logging in and uploading it to my application as i can't see anything in there or is there some other portal for sending documents?

Thanks
Matt.
I wouldn't bother. If they want it they will ask for it.
Old Jun 10th 2017, 5:09 pm
BE Forum Addict

Snowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond repute

Personally I'd be sending scanned colour copies (front & back) of the child's certificate by Webform:

IRCC Web form

ensure you quote the correct file number for your application. Include an explanation.

It is your responsibility to update IRCC with important information and it states that within the application. I would not be waiting for them to ask and potentially delaying file processing. But that's me.

Last edited by Snowy560; Jun 10th 2017 at 5:12 pm.
Old Jun 10th 2017, 10:49 pm
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Snowy560
Personally I'd be sending scanned colour copies (front & back) of the child's certificate by Webform:

IRCC Web form

ensure you quote the correct file number for your application. Include an explanation.

It is your responsibility to update IRCC with important information and it states that within the application. I would not be waiting for them to ask and potentially delaying file processing. But that's me.
+1 - if nothing else, it will remedy the delay likely to be caused when they have to ask you for the information and then set your file to one side for 60 days.

Old Jun 12th 2017, 2:06 pm
Forum Regular

sunshinedust has a reputation beyond reputesunshinedust has a reputation beyond reputesunshinedust has a reputation beyond reputesunshinedust has a reputation beyond reputesunshinedust has a reputation beyond reputesunshinedust has a reputation beyond reputesunshinedust has a reputation beyond reputesunshinedust has a reputation beyond reputesunshinedust has a reputation beyond reputesunshinedust has a reputation beyond reputesunshinedust has a reputation beyond repute

After attempting to call them fifty times over the past week, I finally got through to a real person at the CIC call centre to ask about their lack of communication after sponsor approval. On the sponsor approval letter received by my husband on May 10th it said I'd be receiving communication regarding Schedule A within 5 working days (if I hadn't already) - I've had nothing.

After finally being able to talk to an agent apparently my Schedule A request was sent May 4th, however no messages have been received in my account. This is beyond frustrating! I've been told to submit *another* technical issue report and to wait for them to sort their system out.
Old Jun 13th 2017, 7:27 pm
Just Joined

dminty is an unknown quantity at this point

Okay so i havent been on here a while, since i been away, I have finally Landed in BC Canada, - the flight was delayed at London Gatwick for 8 hours, so of course it was very late when I arrived... however the process was quite quick through security. was asked lots of questions around my goods to follow, but i followed the whole process so they were just confirming what i had stated in my forms.

SO have been here just over a week now, and had sorted out my SIN number, driving licence and bank account all by done by day 3!!!!

Now just relaxing and taking it all in before looking for work!

thanks everyone
Old Jun 13th 2017, 7:41 pm
Forum Regular

amyg339 is an unknown quantity at this point

So just out of curiosity ... why would it be the case that someone who's application was received a day after mine in Mississauga, (they are from from Ireland UK and I'm from Wales UK) have had correspondence before me? I know impatient but just curious? TIA

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.