Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London

Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London

Old Jan 5th 2011, 3:55 pm
Forum Regular

suze_h will become famous soon enoughsuze_h will become famous soon enough
Default re: Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London & Inland

I'm finding it impossible to stop thinking about the whole thing...every day I'm hoping to get news and hearing nothing! It's just so frustrating because I know someone who went in process on 1st November who got their PPR a couple of weeks before Christmas - I was hoping I would be just a couple of days behind him....even more annoying because if Canada Post hadn't lost my original application for 2 weeks when I first sent it to Mississauga it probably wouldn't have been caught up in the Christmas rush! Oh well....all we can do is wait. It seems London have slowed down with everything - I haven't heard of anyone having any updates on ECAS for ages.

Mdunny - I will be sure to update you just as soon as I do hear anything. Hang on in there - I really feel for you being over in the UK while your other half is over here. I do count myself lucky being in Toronto already but it's so frustrating not being able to work.....

Rant over! Haha.

Let's stay positive - 2011 is going to bring happy news for us all

Suze
Old Jan 5th 2011, 3:56 pm
Forum Regular

flexsingh has a reputation beyond reputeflexsingh has a reputation beyond reputeflexsingh has a reputation beyond reputeflexsingh has a reputation beyond reputeflexsingh has a reputation beyond reputeflexsingh has a reputation beyond reputeflexsingh has a reputation beyond reputeflexsingh has a reputation beyond reputeflexsingh has a reputation beyond reputeflexsingh has a reputation beyond reputeflexsingh has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by suze_h
I'm finding it impossible to stop thinking about the whole thing...every day I'm hoping to get news and hearing nothing! It's just so frustrating because I know someone who went in process on 1st November who got their PPR a couple of weeks before Christmas - I was hoping I would be just a couple of days behind him....even more annoying because if Canada Post hadn't lost my original application for 2 weeks when I first sent it to Mississauga it probably wouldn't have been caught up in the Christmas rush! Oh well....all we can do is wait. It seems London have slowed down with everything - I haven't heard of anyone having any updates on ECAS for ages.

Mdunny - I will be sure to update you just as soon as I do hear anything. Hang on in there - I really feel for you being over in the UK while your other half is over here. I do count myself lucky being in Toronto already but it's so frustrating not being able to work.....

Rant over! Haha.

Let's stay positive - 2011 is going to bring happy news for us all

Suze
suze want me to have a word with them tmrw when I go drop off my passport? Maybe I can persuade them to look at your file sooner
Old Jan 5th 2011, 4:02 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by flexsingh
suze want me to have a word with them tmrw when I go drop off my passport? Maybe I can persuade them to look at your file sooner
Haha if only I thought it would help!! I know I just need to be more patient....hopefully the fact that they returned my photos etc just before Christmas is a good sign...

That's so exciting that you're dropping your passport off tomorrow! It's the end of the road
Old Jan 5th 2011, 5:20 pm
Forum Regular

Mrs-G is just really niceMrs-G is just really niceMrs-G is just really niceMrs-G is just really niceMrs-G is just really niceMrs-G is just really niceMrs-G is just really niceMrs-G is just really nice

suze_h - I know how you feel. Not actually expecting anything soon, but hoping, and checking every day

and everytime someone posts on this thread I think 'oooohhhhh! maybe.... '

We'll all get there in the end.... and 2011 already feels different cause up til now its always been 'next year.... ' and now its this year, or in x months...
Old Jan 5th 2011, 6:34 pm
BE Enthusiast

caleo has a reputation beyond reputecaleo has a reputation beyond reputecaleo has a reputation beyond reputecaleo has a reputation beyond reputecaleo has a reputation beyond reputecaleo has a reputation beyond reputecaleo has a reputation beyond reputecaleo has a reputation beyond reputecaleo has a reputation beyond reputecaleo has a reputation beyond reputecaleo has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Mrs-G
suze_h - I know how you feel. Not actually expecting anything soon, but hoping, and checking every day

and everytime someone posts on this thread I think 'oooohhhhh! maybe.... '

We'll all get there in the end.... and 2011 already feels different cause up til now its always been 'next year.... ' and now its this year, or in x months...
I have started feeling all excited now that it is "this year" - does make a difference! Hurry up london!!!
Old Jan 5th 2011, 6:51 pm
BE user by choice

Location: A Briton, married to a Canadian, now in Fredericton.
MillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond repute

I am desperate to send in my application - at long last I have received my UK police check - but... tried to pay on-line to Mississauga and the payment was accepted via mastercard, but NO receipt! I think the waiting must be the worst bit. We have signed and photocopied everything (we think and hope) but are awaiting some sort of miracle from mastercard and the French Embassy in Paris. Looking at the timeline last night for processing in France, I can't see why we don't just high off to Canada and wait next September, at least our son could be getting used to school there. Nine months does seem like and awfullly long wait... I have been married to this man for ever...!
Old Jan 5th 2011, 7:16 pm
Forum Regular

flexsingh has a reputation beyond reputeflexsingh has a reputation beyond reputeflexsingh has a reputation beyond reputeflexsingh has a reputation beyond reputeflexsingh has a reputation beyond reputeflexsingh has a reputation beyond reputeflexsingh has a reputation beyond reputeflexsingh has a reputation beyond reputeflexsingh has a reputation beyond reputeflexsingh has a reputation beyond reputeflexsingh has a reputation beyond repute

Yupe Suze, end of the road! And the start of a new one! Least I can finally be in Canada with the mrs now! I'm looking at landing first/second wk of fedb
Old Jan 5th 2011, 7:23 pm
Forum Regular

That's awesome, best of luck to you for your new life in Canada
Old Jan 5th 2011, 8:54 pm
J2J
Forum Regular

J2J is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by dtilley592
It does seem strange that everyone who had their file transferred from early November onwards have not had any update on ECAS. I've checked a few other forums and it seems to be the same for everyone. Now I have heard loads of conspriacy theories about visa quotas etc., but I would be very surprised if this applies to family sponsorship.

Maybe I should just stop thinking about it
It's impossible to stop thinking about it. My OH just left to go back to England for a while. We feel we can't even think about booking his next visit back in 7 or 8 wks, as we don't have a clue what, if anything will be going on with our application! I think there are about 5 of us here waiting to show "In Process" that transferred to London early Nov.
Thats interesting that you noticed that it's the same situation with others in our timeline on other forums. Since you are checking other forums, perhaps you can let us know if anyone else starts to move in our time frame !

Suze and Mrs G We are waiting to hear your good news anytime now!
Old Jan 5th 2011, 9:34 pm
Forum Regular

mapleleafbull is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi,

I am currently living in London with my Canadian husband and we sent our file pack off on 7th September and got a letter back on the 27th September stating my spouse had been approved as a sponsor, then I recieved an email two weeks later requesting me to confirm my previous travel to Japan, then I checked the website which was updated to say my medical test received, I then recieved a letter on the 22nd December requesting my passport as decision had been made, the website was also updated a week later with this information.

We can not believe how quickly this has gone through and to think we ere going to do it from Canada as we orginally thought that would be quicker!

So I highly recommend anyone living in London to put their spousal applications in prior to leaving as the proccessing times are so much faster.

The only problem is we are not in a position to move so quickly because we have to activate my PR by July this year as this is when I had my medical, so we will fly in to activate, return to the UK, sell up and plan to move out in 6-9 months.

Good Luck with your move

x
Old Jan 6th 2011, 1:24 pm
MUA
Forum Regular

MUA is an unknown quantity at this point
Unhappy re: Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London & Inland

Originally Posted by mapleleafbull
Hi,

I am currently living in London with my Canadian husband and we sent our file pack off on 7th September and got a letter back on the 27th September stating my spouse had been approved as a sponsor, then I recieved an email two weeks later requesting me to confirm my previous travel to Japan, then I checked the website which was updated to say my medical test received, I then recieved a letter on the 22nd December requesting my passport as decision had been made, the website was also updated a week later with this information.

We can not believe how quickly this has gone through and to think we ere going to do it from Canada as we orginally thought that would be quicker!

So I highly recommend anyone living in London to put their spousal applications in prior to leaving as the proccessing times are so much faster.

The only problem is we are not in a position to move so quickly because we have to activate my PR by July this year as this is when I had my medical, so we will fly in to activate, return to the UK, sell up and plan to move out in 6-9 months.

Good Luck with your move

x
Hi Mapleleafbull,

You are one of the lucky ones. I sent of our Spousal application back on 23rd June 2010, rec'd CIC-M on 29th June. Spousal application approved on 13th August and letter sent same day. Have got no letter to confirm this as yet, although 'In Process' in London as of 1st Sept. London requested additional info on 24/09/10, faxed this on 27/09/10, waited till 12/12/10 then sent Case Specific Enquiry, they sent email back saying that they had not rec'd additional info...(not happy), anyway scanned and sent additional info again, and now have rec'd confirmation that they have rec'd and will let me know in 4-6 weeks. So hopefully I should here from them second week Feb...

This is so annoying as this has delayed our process by another 10-12 weeks. Happy for those who have got passport requests within 2 months, but our application is taking forever...

Good luck everyone.
Old Jan 6th 2011, 1:33 pm
Forum Regular

Wow, MUA, you've really had a frustrating time of it...and I was complaining because I've been in process in London since 5th November and not heard anything - feel bad now!! I really hope you hear something from them in the timescale they've stated, you've definitely done your share of waiting!!

Just a quick question - when they requested more information did it show on ECAS that they had requested it and were waiting for your response, or did they just send you a letter? I'm getting concerned that maybe they have requested more information from me and I've just missed an email or a piece of mail or something!!!

Good luck with the rest of your application x
Old Jan 6th 2011, 1:47 pm
BE Enthusiast

caleo has a reputation beyond reputecaleo has a reputation beyond reputecaleo has a reputation beyond reputecaleo has a reputation beyond reputecaleo has a reputation beyond reputecaleo has a reputation beyond reputecaleo has a reputation beyond reputecaleo has a reputation beyond reputecaleo has a reputation beyond reputecaleo has a reputation beyond reputecaleo has a reputation beyond repute

It always worries me that you have no way of checking things. The fact that our letter was apparently sent on the 10th Nov (according to ECAS) and yet we were unable to check anything out with them (even though the site says to wait for any reasonable postal delays before contacting them) because their systems said nothing about what the decision was. We finally received the letter in December, but it was dated 29th november. We had no way of knowing whether they had sent our package back to us because sponsorship had been refused and had possibly got lost in the post - a lot of personal information to get lost!

Then you hear things like MUA having to chase up application only to find they had not received information - I know it is it time consuming for them to keep the system updated, but it would stop all the unnecessary case specific emails etc if ECAS was correctly updated on a regular basis.

It helps to know that there are a few of us with similar timelines and we are all not showing anything in London on ECAS - at least it is not just me!

they are getting back into work mode now after a lovely relaxing christmas and we will be getting PPRs in the next month or so!
Old Jan 6th 2011, 2:20 pm
Forum Regular

mapleleafbull is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by MUA
Hi Mapleleafbull,

You are one of the lucky ones. I sent of our Spousal application back on 23rd June 2010, rec'd CIC-M on 29th June. Spousal application approved on 13th August and letter sent same day. Have got no letter to confirm this as yet, although 'In Process' in London as of 1st Sept. London requested additional info on 24/09/10, faxed this on 27/09/10, waited till 12/12/10 then sent Case Specific Enquiry, they sent email back saying that they had not rec'd additional info...(not happy), anyway scanned and sent additional info again, and now have rec'd confirmation that they have rec'd and will let me know in 4-6 weeks. So hopefully I should here from them second week Feb...

This is so annoying as this has delayed our process by another 10-12 weeks. Happy for those who have got passport requests within 2 months, but our application is taking forever...

Good luck everyone.
Hi MUA,

Sorry to hear you are having such a nightmare, I choose to communicate with them via email, which may of made a difference? They requested addidtional information from me via email which I replied straight back to and put a read receipt on so I knew that it had been opened. I am always cautious of faxing because they sometimes have a habit of going missing.

Hopefully now you have emailed you will hear something Just make sure also check your junk mail, as thats where my first email ended up.

I hope you hear soon

x
Old Jan 6th 2011, 2:46 pm
Forum Regular

aghhhhhh so annoyed!!! I just got a PPR - for someone else!!! Someone else's name and file number is in the title of the email. The email is addressed to me but the 'valid for entry until' date it gives is in August which isn't a year from the date of my medical..........SO FRUSTRATING!!!! Lol.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.