Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London

Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London

Old Jan 19th 2011, 7:19 pm
Forum Regular

VW092906 is on a distinguished road
Default re: Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London & Inland

I got my letter approving my sponsorship today! I thought that was pretty quick considering. I suppose the next wait is longer and more stressful?! seems like lots of folks on here getting good news lately though so maybe they are in a working frenzy in London
Old Jan 19th 2011, 8:04 pm
BE Enthusiast

Cowgirl is a name known to allCowgirl is a name known to allCowgirl is a name known to allCowgirl is a name known to allCowgirl is a name known to allCowgirl is a name known to allCowgirl is a name known to allCowgirl is a name known to allCowgirl is a name known to allCowgirl is a name known to allCowgirl is a name known to all

Originally Posted by VW092906
I got my letter approving my sponsorship today! I thought that was pretty quick considering. I suppose the next wait is longer and more stressful?! seems like lots of folks on here getting good news lately though so maybe they are in a working frenzy in London
Congrats, that's great news!! That's very quick! I'm only 2 days behind you so here's hoping I get some news soon too. Did they inform you by email when the decision was made and letter sent? Or did you have to check online? I've tried checking online many times but they are still 'unable to process my request...'. I'm using our receipt number and putting in my (sponsor) details. Am I doing something wrong?
Old Jan 20th 2011, 8:35 am
BE Enthusiast

Cowgirl is a name known to allCowgirl is a name known to allCowgirl is a name known to allCowgirl is a name known to allCowgirl is a name known to allCowgirl is a name known to allCowgirl is a name known to allCowgirl is a name known to allCowgirl is a name known to allCowgirl is a name known to allCowgirl is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Cowgirl
Congrats, that's great news!! That's very quick! I'm only 2 days behind you so here's hoping I get some news soon too. Did they inform you by email when the decision was made and letter sent? Or did you have to check online? I've tried checking online many times but they are still 'unable to process my request...'. I'm using our receipt number and putting in my (sponsor) details. Am I doing something wrong?
Well, disregard the above, as I checked again this morning and they've made their decision and sent the letter on the 17th!!!
Old Jan 20th 2011, 9:04 am
Forum Regular

chobert is just really nicechobert is just really nicechobert is just really nicechobert is just really nicechobert is just really nicechobert is just really nicechobert is just really nicechobert is just really nicechobert is just really nicechobert is just really nicechobert is just really nice

Well, disregard the above, as I checked again this morning and they've made their decision and sent the letter on the 17th!!!
Brilliant news hopefully not too long for you now x
Old Jan 20th 2011, 10:17 am
BE Enthusiast

caleo has a reputation beyond reputecaleo has a reputation beyond reputecaleo has a reputation beyond reputecaleo has a reputation beyond reputecaleo has a reputation beyond reputecaleo has a reputation beyond reputecaleo has a reputation beyond reputecaleo has a reputation beyond reputecaleo has a reputation beyond reputecaleo has a reputation beyond reputecaleo has a reputation beyond repute

Great to hear! Lets hope London get a move on now!!
Old Jan 22nd 2011, 2:55 pm
Forum Regular

TomHoney has a reputation beyond reputeTomHoney has a reputation beyond reputeTomHoney has a reputation beyond reputeTomHoney has a reputation beyond reputeTomHoney has a reputation beyond reputeTomHoney has a reputation beyond reputeTomHoney has a reputation beyond reputeTomHoney has a reputation beyond reputeTomHoney has a reputation beyond reputeTomHoney has a reputation beyond reputeTomHoney has a reputation beyond repute

Well I was very very exited to see an email form CIC in my inbox yesterday

But turns out I need a Canadian police check so thats going to delay things a month proberbly.

Very annoyed as i need to get back to work!

Not sure How i missed this when i sent everything in. I didnt know it was required.

And if I had already included it that would probably been my PR letter.

Congratulations to everyone who has just got theres. hopefully not to much longer for me now.

Edit: does anyone know the fastest way for me to do this going to my local cop shop now but is it possible to Send it online somehow or email it? or I have to send of for it then get it then mail it to london?

also silly question but where do i find my immigration file number? is it same as client ID? because i need that for the form.

Last edited by TomHoney; Jan 22nd 2011 at 3:08 pm.
Old Jan 22nd 2011, 4:57 pm
PMM
Lost in BE Cyberspace

PMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond repute

Hi

Originally Posted by TomHoney
Well I was very very exited to see an email form CIC in my inbox yesterday

But turns out I need a Canadian police check so thats going to delay things a month proberbly.

Very annoyed as i need to get back to work!

Not sure How i missed this when i sent everything in. I didnt know it was required.

And if I had already included it that would probably been my PR letter.

Congratulations to everyone who has just got theres. hopefully not to much longer for me now.

Edit: does anyone know the fastest way for me to do this going to my local cop shop now but is it possible to Send it online somehow or email it? or I have to send of for it then get it then mail it to london?

also silly question but where do i find my immigration file number? is it same as client ID? because i need that for the form.
1. The reason for the RCMP criminal records check is that someone has the same (similar)name and age when CIC did a CPIC check. So now they want the prints to prove that it isn't you.
2. Go to the Corp of Commissionaires or there is a couple of other approved companies that do digital printing. See: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/citizen...#tphp%20idtphp Results in about 72 hours.
3. Your file no. (assuming you are NOT applying "In-Canada" spousal) starts with either a B or an F and 9 digits.
Old Jan 23rd 2011, 3:10 am
Forum Regular

TomHoney has a reputation beyond reputeTomHoney has a reputation beyond reputeTomHoney has a reputation beyond reputeTomHoney has a reputation beyond reputeTomHoney has a reputation beyond reputeTomHoney has a reputation beyond reputeTomHoney has a reputation beyond reputeTomHoney has a reputation beyond reputeTomHoney has a reputation beyond reputeTomHoney has a reputation beyond reputeTomHoney has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by PMM
Hi

1. The reason for the RCMP criminal records check is that someone has the same (similar)name and age when CIC did a CPIC check. So now they want the prints to prove that it isn't you.
2. Go to the Corp of Commissionaires or there is a couple of other approved companies that do digital printing. See: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/citizen...#tphp%20idtphp Results in about 72 hours.
3. Your file no. (assuming you are NOT applying "In-Canada" spousal) starts with either a B or an F and 9 digits.
Thanks for your help. will be down to the commissionaires in kelowna on monday.

edit: but commissionaires is only ink and roll in kelowna so guess I may aswell jsut go to the police or you think it will still be faster?

Last edited by TomHoney; Jan 23rd 2011 at 3:16 am.
Old Jan 23rd 2011, 5:22 am
PMM
Lost in BE Cyberspace

PMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond repute

Hi

Thanks for your help. will be down to the commissionaires in kelowna on monday.

edit: but commissionaires is only ink and roll in kelowna so guess I may aswell jsut go to the police or you think it will still be faster?
If it was me? I would make a trip to the nearest digital "printer" in Surrey as ink and roll result can take up to 120 days!
Old Jan 23rd 2011, 2:09 pm
Account Closed

dtilley592 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by PMM
Hi

If it was me? I would make a trip to the nearest digital "printer" in Surrey as ink and roll result can take up to 120 days!
I agree, my father in law is a cop in Ontario and he told me this week that the paper applications are taking the rcmp months to process at the moment due to the backlog.
Old Jan 24th 2011, 2:50 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by PMM
Hi

for real! ok will have ot make a trip I guess. thats a lot of gas. Do i have to make an appointment or just show up?
Old Jan 24th 2011, 3:34 am
BE Enthusiast

NessieOggy has a reputation beyond reputeNessieOggy has a reputation beyond reputeNessieOggy has a reputation beyond reputeNessieOggy has a reputation beyond reputeNessieOggy has a reputation beyond reputeNessieOggy has a reputation beyond reputeNessieOggy has a reputation beyond reputeNessieOggy has a reputation beyond reputeNessieOggy has a reputation beyond reputeNessieOggy has a reputation beyond reputeNessieOggy has a reputation beyond repute

Fingers crossed for speedy processing!

My hubby was mere days over 6 months in Canada and had to do the RCMP clearance too (2004 - Inland Spousal). Good to hear that the officers now sent along an email to inform you, rather than waiting until AIP is reached and sending a letter. At that time, the RCMP were backlogged and it took almost 5 months for the results.
Old Jan 25th 2011, 3:29 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by NessieOggy
Fingers crossed for speedy processing!

My hubby was mere days over 6 months in Canada and had to do the RCMP clearance too (2004 - Inland Spousal). Good to hear that the officers now sent along an email to inform you, rather than waiting until AIP is reached and sending a letter. At that time, the RCMP were backlogged and it took almost 5 months for the results.
I guess I have been here a ways over 6 months thats why I have to get it done. wish they made it clere so I could of got it done before and sent it away with everthing. I guess i missed. anyway one thing out of everyrthing bad.

Guess I am driving to Vancouver. anyone got any idea how long it takes digitally. 5 months is a long time!

Least im here in kelowna not waiting in UK still would be nice to be able to work though!
Old Jan 25th 2011, 4:50 am
PMM
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Hi

I guess I have been here a ways over 6 months thats why I have to get it done. wish they made it clere so I could of got it done before and sent it away with everthing. I guess i missed. anyway one thing out of everyrthing bad.

Guess I am driving to Vancouver. anyone got any idea how long it takes digitally. 5 months is a long time!

Least im here in kelowna not waiting in UK still would be nice to be able to work though!

72 hours usually if there is no record.
Old Jan 25th 2011, 6:33 pm
Forum Regular

Mrs-G is just really niceMrs-G is just really niceMrs-G is just really niceMrs-G is just really niceMrs-G is just really niceMrs-G is just really niceMrs-G is just really niceMrs-G is just really nice

Just checked our online status and it says decision made and they will contact Mr-G. No letter or email yet. Fingers crossed its positive

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.