Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London

Wikiposts

Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London

Old Jan 26th 2011, 9:11 pm
BE Enthusiast

caleo has a reputation beyond reputecaleo has a reputation beyond reputecaleo has a reputation beyond reputecaleo has a reputation beyond reputecaleo has a reputation beyond reputecaleo has a reputation beyond reputecaleo has a reputation beyond reputecaleo has a reputation beyond reputecaleo has a reputation beyond reputecaleo has a reputation beyond reputecaleo has a reputation beyond repute
Default re: Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London & Inland

Originally Posted by Paul_BC
I've been watching this thread for months and it seems there are other people with very similar timelines which i'm anxious to keep an eye on so i'm going to chuck in mine. I was trying to get on ECAS on tuesday around 5pm and it wouldnt let me, I hoped it would be them updating the system and it was so I got my first update saying application received in London and medical received! Definatly relieved a LOT of stress after having to leave my wife in Canada again . Anyway heres to London getting there heads down and getting all these applications finalised!

Outland spousal application: Paperwork sent 12.11.2010. Paperwork received in Mississauga 15.11.10
Sponsor approved 08.12.2010. Letter received 30.12.2010. Received in London with medicals 17.12.2010
Hi an welcome! This is a great thread to keep updated - but also frustrating when others move forwards and yours doesn't

Hope things move quickly for you now so you can be together soon!
Old Jan 26th 2011, 10:48 pm
Forum Regular

Paul_BC is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks Caleo and yes I can definatly see how it can be frustrating! It's good to see we have similar timelines. Just don't be getting PPR before me alright but seriously though good luck and I will be looking out for your posts
Old Jan 26th 2011, 11:04 pm
BE Enthusiast

caleo has a reputation beyond reputecaleo has a reputation beyond reputecaleo has a reputation beyond reputecaleo has a reputation beyond reputecaleo has a reputation beyond reputecaleo has a reputation beyond reputecaleo has a reputation beyond reputecaleo has a reputation beyond reputecaleo has a reputation beyond reputecaleo has a reputation beyond reputecaleo has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Paul_BC
Thanks Caleo and yes I can definatly see how it can be frustrating! It's good to see we have similar timelines. Just don't be getting PPR before me alright but seriously though good luck and I will be looking out for your posts
I had better get mine before you!!! haha. J2J had a timeline of a few days ahead of me in Mississauga, and they have already had PPR! soooo not fair! But as i have said before, at least our family is not separated because of it - it would be so much worse if we were!
I went through that in reverse 5 and a half years ago for hubby to come over to UK from canada - the separation and not knowing was awful!

I think the CIC had a purge on ecas for some reason this week - but at least it is nice to know the forms are not lost.......yet
Old Jan 27th 2011, 12:21 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by caleo
I had better get mine before you!!! haha. J2J had a timeline of a few days ahead of me in Mississauga, and they have already had PPR! soooo not fair! But as i have said before, at least our family is not separated because of it - it would be so much worse if we were!
I went through that in reverse 5 and a half years ago for hubby to come over to UK from canada - the separation and not knowing was awful!

I think the CIC had a purge on ecas for some reason this week - but at least it is nice to know the forms are not lost.......yet
Well its good to see that people around our timeline are getting PPR eh, even though it's not us it shows it's not totally unrealistic to expect something soon

The separation and not knowing is definitely really hard at the moment but everyday is another day closer to us being together. Short term pain, long term gain is how I see it and what keeps me going.
Old Jan 27th 2011, 2:12 am
BE Enthusiast

Cowgirl is a name known to allCowgirl is a name known to allCowgirl is a name known to allCowgirl is a name known to allCowgirl is a name known to allCowgirl is a name known to allCowgirl is a name known to allCowgirl is a name known to allCowgirl is a name known to allCowgirl is a name known to allCowgirl is a name known to all

Anyone know how long it normally takes for the letter to arrive from CPC-M? We were told it was sent last Monday the 17th, and it's still not arrived!!
Old Jan 27th 2011, 2:36 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Cowgirl
Anyone know how long it normally takes for the letter to arrive from CPC-M? We were told it was sent last Monday the 17th, and it's still not arrived!!
It took 3 weeks for me to get the letter (from date of approval) and that was to British Columbia.
Old Jan 27th 2011, 2:54 am
BE Enthusiast

Mine said decision made on the 10th november, but the letter they sent was dated 29th november so we only got it in december! Some people have had their letters within days, others weeks - no hard and fast rule
Old Jan 27th 2011, 3:58 am
BE Enthusiast

Cowgirl is a name known to allCowgirl is a name known to allCowgirl is a name known to allCowgirl is a name known to allCowgirl is a name known to allCowgirl is a name known to allCowgirl is a name known to allCowgirl is a name known to allCowgirl is a name known to allCowgirl is a name known to allCowgirl is a name known to all

thanks guys, phew that's put my mind at ease a little! Wow, Caleo, that's a long time! It must have been v frustrating!
What happens in terms of them sending the application on to London - do they do that at the same time they send us the letter of approval? How do we know when it's arrived in London?
Old Jan 27th 2011, 4:29 am
Forum Regular

Mrs-G is just really niceMrs-G is just really niceMrs-G is just really niceMrs-G is just really niceMrs-G is just really niceMrs-G is just really niceMrs-G is just really niceMrs-G is just really nice

PPR received! WOOOHOOOOOO!
Old Jan 27th 2011, 6:14 am
BE Enthusiast

thanks guys, phew that's put my mind at ease a little! Wow, Caleo, that's a long time! It must have been v frustrating!
What happens in terms of them sending the application on to London - do they do that at the same time they send us the letter of approval? How do we know when it's arrived in London?
Ours was updated this week to say received in london on 9th december and medicals received - but not heard anything else........
Old Jan 27th 2011, 6:15 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Mrs-G
PPR received! WOOOHOOOOOO!
Excellent!! Congrats! So glad things are moving - just wish they would start on mine now
Old Jan 27th 2011, 6:21 am
Forum Regular

Mrs-G is just really niceMrs-G is just really niceMrs-G is just really niceMrs-G is just really niceMrs-G is just really niceMrs-G is just really niceMrs-G is just really niceMrs-G is just really nice

Originally Posted by caleo
Excellent!! Congrats! So glad things are moving - just wish they would start on mine now
Caleo - you've gotta be next !
Old Jan 27th 2011, 7:25 am
Forum Regular

suze_h will become famous soon enoughsuze_h will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Mrs-G
Caleo - you've gotta be next !
Ahhhh Mrs-G congrats that's fantastic!!!!!!!! So are you going to be sending in your passport or taking it in? How annoying they couldn't have sent it yesterday! Haha, typical eh?! So happy for you, enjoy the celebrations!
Old Jan 27th 2011, 7:54 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by suze_h
Ahhhh Mrs-G congrats that's fantastic!!!!!!!! So are you going to be sending in your passport or taking it in? How annoying they couldn't have sent it yesterday! Haha, typical eh?! So happy for you, enjoy the celebrations!
Cheers Suze!

I know! its just the way our luck has gone recently - however, just happy to have it at this point

Well! We weren't actually planning on going over to Toronto again this year - the next trip is hopefully when we move - so we've decided to change our flights going out for this trip - instead of leaving from Glasgow in 3 weeks, we'll leave from London. So using a combination of airmiles, BA miles and various other things, Mr-G is taking his passport down in person next week, then we're both just going to start our hols in 3 weeks with a day out in London, collect the passport and visas, go for a wander around (maybe go the Maple Leaf in Covent Garden for a few beers and kid on we're in Canada!).

so.... lets hope they don't stuff it up in London or we'll be going nowhere
Old Jan 27th 2011, 9:02 pm
BE Enthusiast

Congrats Mrs G!! Great news!!

Just received the letter today approving me as Sponsor! Let's hope London will process the rest of our applications quickly now!!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.