Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London

Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London

Old Dec 10th 2010, 4:16 pm
Forum Regular

flexsingh has a reputation beyond reputeflexsingh has a reputation beyond reputeflexsingh has a reputation beyond reputeflexsingh has a reputation beyond reputeflexsingh has a reputation beyond reputeflexsingh has a reputation beyond reputeflexsingh has a reputation beyond reputeflexsingh has a reputation beyond reputeflexsingh has a reputation beyond reputeflexsingh has a reputation beyond reputeflexsingh has a reputation beyond repute
Default re: Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London & Inland

Originally Posted by suze_h
Haha DanielM I was thinking exactly the same thing, worrying that they will get my email address wrong and I will never know they've sent it out!! I really just want the PPR to come through now....so tired of waiting and not being able to work.

Congrats Sarah & Gaz! Hopefully we wont be too far behind you!

Flexsingh I am from Wolverhampton originally so not far from you.

Good luck to everyone who's still waiting!! Hopefully we see some more PPRs before Christmas.

Suze
I studied at wolves
Old Dec 10th 2010, 4:24 pm
Just Joined

ste1234 is just really niceste1234 is just really niceste1234 is just really niceste1234 is just really niceste1234 is just really niceste1234 is just really niceste1234 is just really niceste1234 is just really nice

I'm already in Canada, so if i get my PPR before Christmas which courier/postal service do you think it best to send my passport to the UK with? I would hate it to be lost with a load of letters to the North Pole.

Fingers crossed CIC give us all a early Christmas gift.
Old Dec 13th 2010, 10:46 am
Just Joined

gazwg is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi everyone - I thought I'd post my timeline here as it's taking forever and I wondered if anyone had any advice to give...?

sent to Mississauga: 06/08
approved and sent to london: 27/08
in-process in London since 30/09

so it's been with London for over 10 weeks - looking at the other timelines this seems unusual... Has anyone had success contacting London for information?

thanks for any advice!
Old Dec 13th 2010, 10:56 am
Forum Regular

flexsingh has a reputation beyond reputeflexsingh has a reputation beyond reputeflexsingh has a reputation beyond reputeflexsingh has a reputation beyond reputeflexsingh has a reputation beyond reputeflexsingh has a reputation beyond reputeflexsingh has a reputation beyond reputeflexsingh has a reputation beyond reputeflexsingh has a reputation beyond reputeflexsingh has a reputation beyond reputeflexsingh has a reputation beyond repute

It can take anything up to what the timescales are listed as on the CIC site.
Old Dec 13th 2010, 11:12 am
Just Joined

Hi flexsingh - thanks for your reply - I've seen the application times on the CIC sites, but the timelines in this thread suggest a lot of applications are processed a lot quicker...
Old Dec 13th 2010, 11:33 am
Forum Regular

Yeah I'm waiting out too.. But then do keep thinking that some peoples cases can/do take longer so have to bite the bullet and wait. It's hard, very hard but its worth the wait
Old Dec 13th 2010, 7:21 pm
Forum Regular

CanadianLove is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by gazwg
Hi everyone - I thought I'd post my timeline here as it's taking forever and I wondered if anyone had any advice to give...?

sent to Mississauga: 06/08
approved and sent to london: 27/08
in-process in London since 30/09

so it's been with London for over 10 weeks - looking at the other timelines this seems unusual... Has anyone had success contacting London for information?

thanks for any advice!
Hi - ours has been in process since 7 September. They have requested additional information twice. We got a phone call last week from them. They want evidence related to having no contact with husband's child - we don't actually have her address and CSA can't give it to us. My husband already had to swear on a bible saying he won't sponsor her in the future - a bit difficult to sponsor someone you actually haven't met! Once that is through hopefully we are systems go. The woman on the phone was really helpful and positive about our application.
Old Dec 13th 2010, 10:02 pm
Forum Regular

DanielM has a reputation beyond reputeDanielM has a reputation beyond reputeDanielM has a reputation beyond reputeDanielM has a reputation beyond reputeDanielM has a reputation beyond reputeDanielM has a reputation beyond reputeDanielM has a reputation beyond reputeDanielM has a reputation beyond reputeDanielM has a reputation beyond reputeDanielM has a reputation beyond reputeDanielM has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by flexsingh
It can take anything up to what the timescales are listed as on the CIC site.
Have the dates on the CIC site radically changed recently?
It used to say 50% of cases processed in 3 months 70% in 5 months (or whatever).
Now it just says 9 months! Or am I looking in the wrong place now?

I've just been going by peoples timelines in this thread and assuming it'll take 6-8 weeks of processing in London.
Old Dec 14th 2010, 7:47 am
Just Joined

Yeah the estimated processing times changed on the CIC website to 9 months accross the board, where previously it said 50% in 2 months etc, as you say. On the CIC international site for UK, it says 6 months for family class. And anecdotal evidence on this forum would suggest around 6 weeks... Hence my confusion and mild panic
Old Dec 15th 2010, 5:18 pm
Account Closed

dtilley592 is an unknown quantity at this point

It all seems to have gone very quiet in the london office..... maybe they have taken christmas early!!
Old Dec 15th 2010, 6:16 pm
Forum Regular

suze_h will become famous soon enoughsuze_h will become famous soon enough

I know!!! I was really hoping to hear something before Christmas.... hurry up London!!!
Old Dec 15th 2010, 6:53 pm
Forum Regular

sconehead will become famous soon enoughsconehead will become famous soon enough

Thought I'd throw my timeline in so far.

When you check the application status online do you sign in as the sponsor or the sponsored person when checking for updates for the permanent residency section of the application?

Good luck everyone!
Old Dec 15th 2010, 7:11 pm
Just Joined

cheers sconehead :-) You need to sign in under your sponsor's name
Old Dec 15th 2010, 7:14 pm
Forum Regular

sconehead will become famous soon enoughsconehead will become famous soon enough

Cool, thought so.
Cheers Gaz
Old Dec 15th 2010, 7:14 pm
Forum Regular

suze_h will become famous soon enoughsuze_h will become famous soon enough

You can also sign in using the sponsored person's client ID number if you already have one - so you can use either.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.