Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London

Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London

Old Oct 23rd 2014, 7:47 pm
Forum Regular

AtlanticMoose is an unknown quantity at this point
Default re: Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London & Inland

I have a suggestion for that!

Since you live in Aurora you can take one of the morning GO trains or buses on the Barrie to Union route then either take the Niagara Falls VIA train OR take the Lakeshore West line to Burlington then change for the Niagara Falls bus at the station.

Either way it's going to cost about 80-100 for both of you on a round trip and takes about 2 and a half hours one way. Once your in Niagara you can walk across the rainbow bridge ask for a administrative refusal then land in canada on the way back

VIA Canada is non stop train and a little faster but only has one in each direction daily whereas GO is train and bus but with more frequent service

For some reason I can't link the timetable just google GO Transit route 12.

Last edited by AtlanticMoose; Oct 23rd 2014 at 7:58 pm.
Old Oct 23rd 2014, 8:03 pm
Just Joined

sambailie is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by SchnookoLoly
You could take a train from Union to somewhere in the US - check out Amtrak/VIA. There's also I think a bus that goes to Buffalo Airport, but I'm not certain about that.

You could rent a car and drive down to Buffalo for a day or night to do a shopping trip or whatever, then land on the way back. Most rental places just charge an extra fee to take the car across the border, but as long as you are bringing it back that's fine, just ask them about it.

You could also just fly somewhere, do a weekend trip to Boston or Chicago or something and make a trip of it, then land on the way back in.

So you certainly have a few options for getting yourself to the border! Let us know what you decide!

BTW, which office processed your application? I don't have that info on the spreadsheet.
Processed in London.
Old Oct 23rd 2014, 8:06 pm
Concierge

SchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sambailie
Processed in London.
Super, thanks.
Old Oct 23rd 2014, 11:07 pm
July 2014

debhinds has a brilliant futuredebhinds has a brilliant futuredebhinds has a brilliant futuredebhinds has a brilliant futuredebhinds has a brilliant futuredebhinds has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by SchnookoLoly
Super, thanks.
As stated the more complex cases have most probably been sent to London since July,mine was one of those on July 4th,our case seems pretty straight forward,no dependent children,wondering if it would be our ages 52 and 53....or just the luck of the draw?
Old Oct 24th 2014, 1:32 am
Forum Regular

Ashpo has a reputation beyond reputeAshpo has a reputation beyond reputeAshpo has a reputation beyond reputeAshpo has a reputation beyond reputeAshpo has a reputation beyond reputeAshpo has a reputation beyond reputeAshpo has a reputation beyond reputeAshpo has a reputation beyond reputeAshpo has a reputation beyond reputeAshpo has a reputation beyond reputeAshpo has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by psynergy
Which pages of the PDF did you include in the package? all of them? or just Appendix C?
It asks you to submit "a copy of this correspondence" with your passport photocopy, photos, and Information Update form. I sent the entire thing with no problems!

One thing to note: the wording at the bottom re: envelopes is very unclear. It asks you to purchase TWO Xpresspost envelopes, and then says "enclose the envelopes and your passport (copies)." Emphasis on envelopeS. I figured this was because one would be used to send COPR back, and the other would be used to send my husband's PR card when it's issued. When we received COPR, the second prepaid Xpresspost envelope was folded in half inside - unused obviously.

I think it's safe to say that this was a miscommunication on the approval letter, so save yourself some money, and only include one return envelope!
Old Oct 24th 2014, 2:33 am
Forum Regular

psynergy is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Ashpo
It asks you to submit "a copy of this correspondence" with your passport photocopy, photos, and Information Update form. I sent the entire thing with no problems!

One thing to note: the wording at the bottom re: envelopes is very unclear. It asks you to purchase TWO Xpresspost envelopes, and then says "enclose the envelopes and your passport (copies)." Emphasis on envelopeS. I figured this was because one would be used to send COPR back, and the other would be used to send my husband's PR card when it's issued. When we received COPR, the second prepaid Xpresspost envelope was folded in half inside - unused obviously.

I think it's safe to say that this was a miscommunication on the approval letter, so save yourself some money, and only include one return envelope!
Alas, already sent it with both envelopes before you posted. Also only sent Appendix A, B, and C, along with the photos and the copy of my passport. I figured it was what they were looking for, so *shrugs*
Old Oct 24th 2014, 3:46 pm
BE addict

Princesstigger has a reputation beyond reputePrincesstigger has a reputation beyond reputePrincesstigger has a reputation beyond reputePrincesstigger has a reputation beyond reputePrincesstigger has a reputation beyond reputePrincesstigger has a reputation beyond reputePrincesstigger has a reputation beyond reputePrincesstigger has a reputation beyond reputePrincesstigger has a reputation beyond reputePrincesstigger has a reputation beyond reputePrincesstigger has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by debhinds
As stated the more complex cases have most probably been sent to London since July,mine was one of those on July 4th,our case seems pretty straight forward,no dependent children,wondering if it would be our ages 52 and 53....or just the luck of the draw?
Think we will drive ourselves crazy trying to speculate to be honest! Mine seemed pretty straight forward too, no children, only ever lived in the uk etc, who knows how they decided! Oh well
Old Oct 24th 2014, 4:11 pm
Just Joined

Bulletin25 is an unknown quantity at this point

Our (ash0918 and I) application status changed to 'in process' this week. Not entirely sure what it means but it's progress!
Old Oct 24th 2014, 4:20 pm
Concierge

SchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bulletin25
Our (ash0918 and I) application status changed to 'in process' this week. Not entirely sure what it means but it's progress!
Excellent news! Is it London that's processing your application? The address of the office wtih your application is on your sponsor approval letter.) And yes, certainly good progress!
Old Oct 25th 2014, 11:43 pm
Forum Regular

Ashpo has a reputation beyond reputeAshpo has a reputation beyond reputeAshpo has a reputation beyond reputeAshpo has a reputation beyond reputeAshpo has a reputation beyond reputeAshpo has a reputation beyond reputeAshpo has a reputation beyond reputeAshpo has a reputation beyond reputeAshpo has a reputation beyond reputeAshpo has a reputation beyond reputeAshpo has a reputation beyond repute

Landed today at the Rainbow Bridge! Very smooth, quick, and relaxed process for us - we were a little concerned that we were in for a bit of a time after watching several people turned back to the US. Big thanks to everyone for their help and support on this forum, it's been invaluable!
Old Oct 26th 2014, 1:56 am
Forum Regular

psynergy is an unknown quantity at this point

Question for when my stuff arrives: Is the CIC office still a viable option for getting my PR card etc.? is booking an appointment reliable, or shall I just wait until I next go to Windsor?
Old Oct 27th 2014, 5:48 am
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by psynergy
Question for when my stuff arrives: Is the CIC office still a viable option for getting my PR card etc.? is booking an appointment reliable, or shall I just wait until I next go to Windsor?
Your PR card will be sent to you by mail around 6-8 weeks after you have officially landed as a PR.

Do you mean going to a local CIC office to do the landing? You would have to call the number that will be given in the accompanying letter (which I believe is a centralised number) and they contact the local office for you, then the local office call with an appointment. Depending on which office it is there can be quite a wait to get an appointment.

If it is time sensitive (as in your COPR will expire within a couple of weeks) you could fax the local office and ask for an urgent appointment once you have spoken with the central office. I did this and got an appointment the next day!

Old Oct 27th 2014, 9:50 am
Just Joined

Dan888 is an unknown quantity at this point

After some advice from Atlantic moose, ashpo and schoks, when your request for passport and pics came assuming you were in Canada you sent your info to Ottawa? We have now received our GCMS notes and believe that our package was processed in Mississauga not London. What was the other option for you guys sending your info? We have sent ours to London (VPU) as noted but as time passses wondering if we should copy to Mississauga and this could be an error on CIC's part?
Old Oct 27th 2014, 10:42 am
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Dan888
After some advice from Atlantic moose, ashpo and schoks, when your request for passport and pics came assuming you were in Canada you sent your info to Ottawa? We have now received our GCMS notes and believe that our package was processed in Mississauga not London. What was the other option for you guys sending your info? We have sent ours to London (VPU) as noted but as time passses wondering if we should copy to Mississauga and this could be an error on CIC's part?
Hi, and welcome to BE.

Can you give a bit more info? When did you apply, have you (or your spouse) been approved as a sponsor?

You sent it to Mississauga, but specified London as the visa office, is that right?
Old Oct 27th 2014, 10:54 am
Just Joined

Dan888 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by christmasoompa
Hi, and welcome to BE.

Can you give a bit more info? When did you apply, have you (or your spouse) been approved as a sponsor?

You sent it to Mississauga, but specified London as the visa office, is that right?

Apologies a bit more info, My spouse has been approved as sponsor, we have decision made (9th October 2014) and received an Email 15th October 2014 from CPC Mississauga to submit my copy passport and photos. We were instructed within this package to send info to the London VPU address or Ottawa if in Canada, these docs have been received in London however we believe that our case was dealt with in Mississauga (as GCMS notes) and also this is where the Email request came from. Does London usually issue out the visa even if Mississauga dealt with the case? Nervously waiting...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.