Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London

Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London

Old Oct 30th 2014, 4:43 pm
Forum Regular

anindividual has a brilliant futureanindividual has a brilliant futureanindividual has a brilliant futureanindividual has a brilliant futureanindividual has a brilliant futureanindividual has a brilliant future
Default re: Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London & Inland

Originally Posted by SchnookoLoly
Seriously? I just posted on the previous page an email from CIC about it...........
My question was regarding files directly sent to London by CPC Mississauga for Pak nationals.
Old Oct 30th 2014, 4:56 pm
Concierge

SchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond repute

So was my post with an email from CIC. It was directly about Pakistani applications.
Old Oct 30th 2014, 5:25 pm
Forum Regular

anindividual has a brilliant futureanindividual has a brilliant futureanindividual has a brilliant futureanindividual has a brilliant futureanindividual has a brilliant futureanindividual has a brilliant future

it talked about files transferred from ISL to Lon. But there are applications sent by CPC Mississauga directly to London. Question was there will be any difference between the two classes.
Old Oct 30th 2014, 5:55 pm
Concierge

SchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond repute

Re-read the first line of the email:

Your application is part of an inventory of files that was transferred to London from Islamabad. The posted processing time for cases being processed in London does not accurately reflect the current processing time for these transferred files from Islamabad.
Old Oct 30th 2014, 6:08 pm

Jim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by anindividual
it talked about files transferred from ISL to Lon. But there are applications sent by CPC Mississauga directly to London. Question was there will be any difference between the two classes.
I would no expect there to be any difference. They will be processed in order of their original date of receipt so it will be the same longish line.
Old Oct 31st 2014, 3:42 am
Forum Regular

Cut_Chemist is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi all,

I'm sure this question has been asked & answered, but using the search feature didn't help.

Does my spouse, who is my sponsor and is a Canadian permanent resident within Canada, nee to fill out her own Schedule A IMM5669E?
Old Nov 3rd 2014, 3:21 pm
Just Joined

dumpweed453 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hey guys, I was wondering if anyone can help me I'm freeeeaking out. So I just got two emails from CIC stating that my application is at the stage where they need me to do a medical, one email said that and the other has the medical form for the doctor. But I already did my medicals in January and sent the photocopies with my application for pr/sponsorship. It says I have 60 days to do the medicals or my application will be refused.
What should I do? My app is in london so I cant call anyone. Email case specific urgent enquiry and hope for the best? Has anyone else ever had this before?
Thanks in advance
Lynsey
Old Nov 3rd 2014, 3:48 pm
Concierge

Originally Posted by Cut_Chemist
Hi all,

I'm sure this question has been asked & answered, but using the search feature didn't help.

Does my spouse, who is my sponsor and is a Canadian permanent resident within Canada, nee to fill out her own Schedule A IMM5669E?
The checklists tell you who has to fill out which forms. If the form isn't on one person's checklist, then they do not need to provide it.

Originally Posted by dumpweed453
Hey guys, I was wondering if anyone can help me I'm freeeeaking out. So I just got two emails from CIC stating that my application is at the stage where they need me to do a medical, one email said that and the other has the medical form for the doctor. But I already did my medicals in January and sent the photocopies with my application for pr/sponsorship. It says I have 60 days to do the medicals or my application will be refused.
What should I do? My app is in london so I cant call anyone. Email case specific urgent enquiry and hope for the best? Has anyone else ever had this before?
Thanks in advance
Lynsey
Medicals are only valid for one year. If you did yours in January then they are coming up to expiry, so CIC is asking you to get new ones done.
Old Nov 3rd 2014, 3:52 pm
Just Joined

dumpweed453 is an unknown quantity at this point

Oh man ok. Thanks for letting me know.
Old Nov 3rd 2014, 7:08 pm
Just Joined

tatters86 is an unknown quantity at this point

My Sponsor received a email from CIC today stating that our application is now being processed in London not Mississauga which was stated in a previous email on the 20th October saying that we had sponsor approval. I don't understand why they would now change the processing location which now means the application will take much longer to process?
Old Nov 3rd 2014, 7:15 pm
Concierge

It says right on the SA Letter that they might transfer the file to London if 'local knowledge' is required, or something like that. Chances are there's something in your file that needs to be addressed by London.

Also I still dont' have a location for you on the spreadsheet.
Old Nov 3rd 2014, 7:24 pm
Just Joined

oneday1 is an unknown quantity at this point

DECISION MADEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE TODAYYYYYYY

Started processing Oct 30, 2014 (I had also sent a case specific inquiry email on the 30th updating something minor...

panic question: what are the chances it's a negative decision?
Old Nov 3rd 2014, 7:26 pm
Just Joined

oneday1 is an unknown quantity at this point

oh and closest city St. John's NL
Old Nov 3rd 2014, 7:36 pm
Concierge

Originally Posted by oneday1
DECISION MADEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE TODAYYYYYYY

Started processing Oct 30, 2014 (I had also sent a case specific inquiry email on the 30th updating something minor...

panic question: what are the chances it's a negative decision?
About 0.0000000000001% chance that it's negative. Reasons:
1) You haven't been asked any follow-up questions. If they had questions about your relationship, about your application, etc, they almost always give you an opportunity to submit more proof. They'll ask for additional information. They'll ask for updated documents. They'll request an interview. You haven't had any of that.
2) In the handful - and really, like, I can count on one hand handful - of cases where someone has received a negative decision without being asked for information, it was usually waaaaaaaay earlier in their process, and then it was almost always because either the sponsor was found ineligible to sponsor, or the applicant was found ineligible for PR. (The sponsor didn't declare the PA as a dependent if they themselves are also a PR; the sponsor is receiving social assistance, the PA is criminally inadmissible, etc.) It doesn't sound like any of this applies to you.

So in all likelihood, it's a positive decision made. Can't say for certain until COPR comes through the door though! Keep an eye out for it!

Congrats! Be sure to let us know when you get COPR so I can fill that in for you on the spreadsheet!
Old Nov 3rd 2014, 9:07 pm
Perfer et obdura

Location: Birmingham 26 years, Germany 20 years, in Toronto since 2015
anglogerman has a reputation beyond reputeanglogerman has a reputation beyond reputeanglogerman has a reputation beyond reputeanglogerman has a reputation beyond reputeanglogerman has a reputation beyond reputeanglogerman has a reputation beyond reputeanglogerman has a reputation beyond reputeanglogerman has a reputation beyond reputeanglogerman has a reputation beyond reputeanglogerman has a reputation beyond reputeanglogerman has a reputation beyond repute

Hi all, we just sent our application package, which was signed for on October 27, so fingers crossed we will get SA before Christmas.

Hubs lives in Toronto and I near Munich, Germany, but we have requested London for processing as I am a British citizen. Vienna, which is responsible for German applications, is taking several months longer than London....

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.