Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London

Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London

Old Feb 27th 2015, 5:49 am
A taffy in Ontario

snuggs has a brilliant futuresnuggs has a brilliant futuresnuggs has a brilliant futuresnuggs has a brilliant futuresnuggs has a brilliant futuresnuggs has a brilliant future
Default re: Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London & Inland

So I had an email 10 days ago which stated they got my application from November 2014....

I have not heard anything since then

however the processing times on the cic website says they are processing applications from December 2014...
Old Feb 27th 2015, 5:51 am
BE Enthusiast

andrewbrit has a reputation beyond reputeandrewbrit has a reputation beyond reputeandrewbrit has a reputation beyond reputeandrewbrit has a reputation beyond reputeandrewbrit has a reputation beyond reputeandrewbrit has a reputation beyond reputeandrewbrit has a reputation beyond reputeandrewbrit has a reputation beyond reputeandrewbrit has a reputation beyond reputeandrewbrit has a reputation beyond reputeandrewbrit has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by snuggs
So I had an email 10 days ago which stated they got my application from November 2014....

I have not heard anything since then

however the processing times on the cic website says they are processing applications from December 2014...
Spreadsheet updated. This is your acknowledgement of receipt (AOR). Expect sponsor approval very soon. Based on the trend I have noticed generally applicants receive sponsor approval about 2 weeks after they receive AOR.

So hope for next week!
Old Feb 27th 2015, 7:52 am
Just Joined

Dave_kel is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi, an update for the spreadsheet - we had an AoR email 23rd feb & got an email yesterday (26th) saying the sponsor has been approved & our application has been forwarded to Ottawa. Such a relief to get the process moving after 3 months of just waiting & wondering if we had missed a section of the application or another such disaster!
Old Feb 27th 2015, 12:34 pm
Just Joined

nicole15 is an unknown quantity at this point

Sooooo... I just received an email from CA Immigration in London saying that my application has been approved and that I will be receiving my CPRO in the mail soon!! Just checked ECAS as I hadn't been on there for a couple of weeks and it says my application started being processed on 20th February and shows the magical 'Decision Made'!!... Guess all that's left to do now is wait and then arrange to land!!

Thank you to everyone for your help - I never thought this day would come!!

xxx
Old Feb 27th 2015, 1:55 pm
BE Enthusiast

andrewbrit has a reputation beyond reputeandrewbrit has a reputation beyond reputeandrewbrit has a reputation beyond reputeandrewbrit has a reputation beyond reputeandrewbrit has a reputation beyond reputeandrewbrit has a reputation beyond reputeandrewbrit has a reputation beyond reputeandrewbrit has a reputation beyond reputeandrewbrit has a reputation beyond reputeandrewbrit has a reputation beyond reputeandrewbrit has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Dave_kel
Hi, an update for the spreadsheet - we had an AoR email 23rd feb & got an email yesterday (26th) saying the sponsor has been approved & our application has been forwarded to Ottawa. Such a relief to get the process moving after 3 months of just waiting & wondering if we had missed a section of the application or another such disaster!
Spreadsheet updated, thanks!

Originally Posted by nicole15
Sooooo... I just received an email from CA Immigration in London saying that my application has been approved and that I will be receiving my CPRO in the mail soon!! Just checked ECAS as I hadn't been on there for a couple of weeks and it says my application started being processed on 20th February and shows the magical 'Decision Made'!!... Guess all that's left to do now is wait and then arrange to land!!

xxx
Congratulations! Spreadsheet updated! Stick around and tell us when you receive it!
Old Feb 27th 2015, 2:27 pm
BE addict

Princesstigger has a reputation beyond reputePrincesstigger has a reputation beyond reputePrincesstigger has a reputation beyond reputePrincesstigger has a reputation beyond reputePrincesstigger has a reputation beyond reputePrincesstigger has a reputation beyond reputePrincesstigger has a reputation beyond reputePrincesstigger has a reputation beyond reputePrincesstigger has a reputation beyond reputePrincesstigger has a reputation beyond reputePrincesstigger has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by nicole15

xxx
Wow congratulations! Very happy for you
Old Feb 27th 2015, 2:33 pm
Just Joined

Homeward_bound is an unknown quantity at this point

Some advise - hopefully I am asking in the right place.
Our application was sent in August, sponsor approval end of September. We plan on moving to Canada in August of this year.
I am Canadian but both of my children were born in England - my first son has his certificate of citizenship but I haven't applied for the baby's yet( had to wait for her passport). The processing time is over 12 months.
Do I wait until we are in Canada and apply then or apply now but it won't get here before we leave the country? Is this going to be a problem when we land in Canada?
It is my understanding that she has Citizenship due to being born to a Canadian parent living outside Canada and the certificate is just proof of this.
Any advice is appreciated.
Old Feb 27th 2015, 3:59 pm
Weegie in Calgary

cbrown89 has a reputation beyond reputecbrown89 has a reputation beyond reputecbrown89 has a reputation beyond reputecbrown89 has a reputation beyond reputecbrown89 has a reputation beyond reputecbrown89 has a reputation beyond reputecbrown89 has a reputation beyond reputecbrown89 has a reputation beyond reputecbrown89 has a reputation beyond reputecbrown89 has a reputation beyond reputecbrown89 has a reputation beyond repute

Finally had some communication with CPCM and it seems like I am on my way to getting my PR.

Your application has reached the final stage of processing. So that your permanent resident visa(s) can be issued, you must now submit the documents listed below. (Note that family members who are entitled to Canadian citizenship must travel on their Canadian passports.)

1. Two recent photographs of yourself and two recent photographs of each of your accompanying family members. The photos must meet the Photo Specifications as detailed in Appendix A.

2. The “Updated Information Chart” in Appendix B, fully completed for you and each accompanying family member.

3. Please follow the instructions below regarding your passport requirements as applicable:
Old Feb 27th 2015, 4:01 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by cbrown89
Finally had some communication with CPCM and it seems like I am on my way to getting my PR.

Your application has reached the final stage of processing. So that your permanent resident visa(s) can be issued, you must now submit the documents listed below. (Note that family members who are entitled to Canadian citizenship must travel on their Canadian passports.)

1. Two recent photographs of yourself and two recent photographs of each of your accompanying family members. The photos must meet the Photo Specifications as detailed in Appendix A.

2. The “Updated Information Chart” in Appendix B, fully completed for you and each accompanying family member.

3. Please follow the instructions below regarding your passport requirements as applicable:
Spreadsheet updated. Thanks!
Old Feb 27th 2015, 4:06 pm
Concierge

SchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond repute

That's fantastic - this is usually the last request before COPR is issued! Really pleased your file ended up getting sorted out smoothly after the stress you experienced just a few weeks ago. I told you not to lose your mind over it!
Old Feb 27th 2015, 4:36 pm
BE addict

Princesstigger has a reputation beyond reputePrincesstigger has a reputation beyond reputePrincesstigger has a reputation beyond reputePrincesstigger has a reputation beyond reputePrincesstigger has a reputation beyond reputePrincesstigger has a reputation beyond reputePrincesstigger has a reputation beyond reputePrincesstigger has a reputation beyond reputePrincesstigger has a reputation beyond reputePrincesstigger has a reputation beyond reputePrincesstigger has a reputation beyond repute

Hooray, congrats
Old Feb 27th 2015, 7:11 pm
Just Joined

cadinsmore is an unknown quantity at this point

My application to sponsor my husband (he's British) was received in June 2014, it was approved in August 2014 and then sent to London. In November 2014, we were asked for our PR fee ($490) and another original copy of the police check (they seemed to 'lose' the first one!). Both were done right away and London have acknowledged receipt of both! But now the processing time seems to say 29 months...

Anyone have any idea if this means doom and gloom for us? I have already relocated back to Canada and this living separately is terrible! Thanks!
Old Feb 27th 2015, 7:16 pm
Just Joined

I was able to contact the London office and as my son was going to attend school, got the citizenship certificate process 'rushed'...it all came through in about 3 months (took longer than it should have because they sent it back to the UK!). In the meantime, he came in to Canada with a note on file that his citizenship certificate was being processed and we had no problem (we moved in September 2014).
Old Feb 27th 2015, 7:20 pm
Just Joined

presume that a UKC can only move to Canada for up to 6 months and can't work....after that...back to the UK while waiting for PR paperwork?
Old Feb 27th 2015, 7:23 pm
Concierge

SchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by cadinsmore
My application to sponsor my husband (he's British) was received in June 2014, it was approved in August 2014 and then sent to London. In November 2014, we were asked for our PR fee ($490) and another original copy of the police check (they seemed to 'lose' the first one!). Both were done right away and London have acknowledged receipt of both! But now the processing time seems to say 29 months...

Anyone have any idea if this means doom and gloom for us? I have already relocated back to Canada and this living separately is terrible! Thanks!
Please read this re: 29 months processing time: Spousal Sponsorship-Canada/FAQ : British Expat Wiki

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.