Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London

Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London

Old Feb 23rd 2015, 3:16 pm
BE addict

Princesstigger has a reputation beyond reputePrincesstigger has a reputation beyond reputePrincesstigger has a reputation beyond reputePrincesstigger has a reputation beyond reputePrincesstigger has a reputation beyond reputePrincesstigger has a reputation beyond reputePrincesstigger has a reputation beyond reputePrincesstigger has a reputation beyond reputePrincesstigger has a reputation beyond reputePrincesstigger has a reputation beyond reputePrincesstigger has a reputation beyond repute
Default re: Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London & Inland

Originally Posted by Patterson
The email repeated the links they'd already sent but then said that so long as they received one blank photo, the other three could have the photographers/my information on the back I was quite impressed at the speed of the reaponse and the friendly manner of it- I was expecting nothing or an automated generic response.
Thanks for that!
Old Feb 23rd 2015, 4:42 pm
Forum Regular

anindividual has a brilliant futureanindividual has a brilliant futureanindividual has a brilliant futureanindividual has a brilliant futureanindividual has a brilliant futureanindividual has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by SchnookoLoly
In the vast majority of cases on here with family class, "Decision Made" will be positive. As I have posted before, generally speaking - emphasis on GENERALLY - if there is a rejection, it comes after oodles of requests for extra info - additional proof of relationship, of residency, of whatever CIC wants. Alternatively, a DM that is a rejection may come exceptionally quickly if it's determined that either the sponsor is ineligible to be a sponsor (on welfare, not yet completed a previous undertaking, is a PR living abroad, etc), or if the applicant is inadmissible to Canada (not a member of family class, criminal background, not legally divorced from first wife before marrying a Canadian, etc). If none of these "questionable" circumstances apply to you,a nd you have not had oodles of requests for info from CIC, then in the MAJORITY of cases, DM will be positive. However, no one on here can say 100% until either COPR or a rejection letter arrives in the post, but playing on odds and what you know about your own case file, you can probably make an educated guess.

One example I remember from maybe a year or so ago was a poster who applied to sponsor her common-law partner. We'll call her Kate (not her real name, just for simplicity of posting). Kate was a PR who landed a few years ago with her family through one of the working visa streams. At the time that Kate's family applied, Kate had only been living with Darren (fake name again) for a few months. However, when Kate landed, she had been living with Darren for over a year, meaning that Darren was her common-law partner. When Kate landed, she'd been asked if she had had any change in her personal circumstances. She answered "no", and ticked in the box that she was still single. She completed her landing then. She then applied to sponsor Darren as her common-law partner, and found her application refused. It was refused because she had failed to declare Darren has her common-law partner when she landed as a PR. The consequence of failing to declare him when she landed made him ineligible for future sponsorship at any time in the future. The rejection came shortly after they filed their application, as it was determined quite quickly that Darren was NOT considered a member of the family class, as he had not been declared on Kate's original landing as a PR herself.

Hope that helps!
the reason for posting that quote was that some time not so correct info are also posted. On this forum information shared are sensible and dependable. Update for me Passport request received Feb 23, 2015. Thanks again for valuable tips and advices.
Old Feb 23rd 2015, 4:44 pm
BE Enthusiast

andrewbrit has a reputation beyond reputeandrewbrit has a reputation beyond reputeandrewbrit has a reputation beyond reputeandrewbrit has a reputation beyond reputeandrewbrit has a reputation beyond reputeandrewbrit has a reputation beyond reputeandrewbrit has a reputation beyond reputeandrewbrit has a reputation beyond reputeandrewbrit has a reputation beyond reputeandrewbrit has a reputation beyond reputeandrewbrit has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by anindividual
the reason for posting that quote was that some time not so correct info are also posted. On this forum information shared are sensible and dependable. Update for me Passport request received Feb 23, 2015. Thanks again for valuable tips and advices.
Updated, thanks!
Old Feb 23rd 2015, 5:05 pm
Forum Regular

dillisodhi is a jewel in the roughdillisodhi is a jewel in the roughdillisodhi is a jewel in the roughdillisodhi is a jewel in the rough

Just realised - I've sent the "Disclosure Scotland" Police cert that I had as my emplyer had very recently requested it. It does the same job as the ones that CIC specifically request as it's an official doc but it's gonna cause me a problem or delay isn't it? Anyone else dropped a clanger like this??

Grrrr feel likea right numpty...
Old Feb 23rd 2015, 5:23 pm
Concierge

SchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dillisodhi
Just realised - I've sent the "Disclosure Scotland" Police cert that I had as my emplyer had very recently requested it. It does the same job as the ones that CIC specifically request as it's an official doc but it's gonna cause me a problem or delay isn't it? Anyone else dropped a clanger like this??

Grrrr feel likea right numpty...
Unless you got the certificate outlined by CIC on their website - How to Get a Police Certificate - United Kingdom (England, Wales, Scotland, Northern Ireland, Guernsey - you did not get the right one.

Not sure if it's advisable to order it now in anticipation of them requesting it... when you send it, it can't be more than 3 months old, so it depends how long it takes CIC to request it from you, if they even request it - they may return your application entirely for it being incomplete. So you could request it and see what happens, but you may need to request a new one if 3 months passes.
Old Feb 23rd 2015, 5:51 pm
Weegie in Calgary

cbrown89 has a reputation beyond reputecbrown89 has a reputation beyond reputecbrown89 has a reputation beyond reputecbrown89 has a reputation beyond reputecbrown89 has a reputation beyond reputecbrown89 has a reputation beyond reputecbrown89 has a reputation beyond reputecbrown89 has a reputation beyond reputecbrown89 has a reputation beyond reputecbrown89 has a reputation beyond reputecbrown89 has a reputation beyond repute

Unless you got the certificate outlined by CIC on their website - How to Get a Police Certificate - United Kingdom (England, Wales, Scotland, Northern Ireland, Guernsey - you did not get the right one.

Not sure if it's advisable to order it now in anticipation of them requesting it... when you send it, it can't be more than 3 months old, so it depends how long it takes CIC to request it from you, if they even request it - they may return your application entirely for it being incomplete. So you could request it and see what happens, but you may need to request a new one if 3 months passes.
I used the express service for the police cert and it was really quick (2 days from receipt), I'd maybe wait in case it expires.
Old Feb 23rd 2015, 6:39 pm
Forum Regular

dillisodhi is a jewel in the roughdillisodhi is a jewel in the roughdillisodhi is a jewel in the roughdillisodhi is a jewel in the rough

Wow - if they return the whole pack then it'll probably put me back another three months. Costly mistake then! I guess I can only hope that I get lucky and CIC just request the cert.
Old Feb 23rd 2015, 6:43 pm
Concierge

SchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond repute

Wow - if they return the whole pack then it'll probably put me back another three months. Costly mistake then! I guess I can only hope that I get lucky and CIC just request the cert.
if I had to guess, CIC will just request it... but they generally reserve the right to return an incomplete package, so can't say for sure. Just keep your fingers crossed, and be prepared to order the right one.
Old Feb 23rd 2015, 7:09 pm
Forum Regular

if I had to guess, CIC will just request it... but they generally reserve the right to return an incomplete package, so can't say for sure. Just keep your fingers crossed, and be prepared to order the right one.
Fingers are mega crossed cos the missus will murder me otherwise!! Thanks S.
Old Feb 24th 2015, 7:44 pm
Forum Regular

sean75 has a reputation beyond reputesean75 has a reputation beyond reputesean75 has a reputation beyond reputesean75 has a reputation beyond reputesean75 has a reputation beyond reputesean75 has a reputation beyond reputesean75 has a reputation beyond reputesean75 has a reputation beyond reputesean75 has a reputation beyond reputesean75 has a reputation beyond reputesean75 has a reputation beyond repute

Fingers are mega crossed cos the missus will murder me otherwise!! Thanks S.
If the application is returned it won't be the first time it's happened and it won't be the last, so don't be too hard on yourself.

My application was returned because I missed one signature that was required half-way down a form. That's despite checking the application over and over before I sent it off. I wasn't happy, and it cost me a couple of months, but these things sometimes happen.
Old Feb 26th 2015, 9:21 am
Just Joined

bananabread is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello,
Any idea how or why the waiting times via London office (for spouse outside Canada) have suddenly jumped from 15 months to 29 months?? This is crazy...with two kids we're supposed to be separated for more than two years now? Is this accurate and why did it suddenly jump so high? Any way to expedite if children are involved?
TIA!
Old Feb 26th 2015, 9:26 am
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bananabread
Hello,
Any idea how or why the waiting times via London office (for spouse outside Canada) have suddenly jumped from 15 months to 29 months?? This is crazy...with two kids we're supposed to be separated for more than two years now? Is this accurate and why did it suddenly jump so high? Any way to expedite if children are involved?
TIA!
Hi, and welcome to BE.

A quick search of the forum will bring up several posts on the subject, but basically it shouldn't affect you if you're a straightforward UK applicant - the increased processing times are because it's an average, and applications from Pakistan (a high fraud country) are pushing that average up.

No, there's no way of expediting it, you just have to wait your turn in the queue, but you don't have to be apart either - the UKC can move to Canada anytime after the PR app is submitted as it's dual intent.

HTH.
Old Feb 26th 2015, 9:34 am
Just Joined

bananabread is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by christmasoompa
Hi, and welcome to BE.

A quick search of the forum will bring up several posts on the subject, but basically it shouldn't affect you if you're a straightforward UK applicant - the increased processing times are because it's an average, and applications from Pakistan (a high fraud country) are pushing that average up.

No, there's no way of expediting it, you just have to wait your turn in the queue, but you don't have to be apart either - the UKC can move to Canada anytime after the PR app is submitted as it's dual intent.

HTH.
Thank you! My husband isn't a UKC, he's Kenyan. So he cannot even get a temporary visitor's visa to come to Canada to visit us.
Old Feb 26th 2015, 9:38 am
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bananabread
Thank you! My husband isn't a UKC, he's Kenyan. So he cannot even get a temporary visitor's visa to come to Canada to visit us.
Oh no. But he's living in the UK and that's why he's applying via London I take it?

What a shame he can't come over there and apply inland, then at least he could work whilst he is waiting for PR and be with you.

Is a work permit an option for him maybe?

Best of luck, hope his application is processed quickly, although do be aware that as a Kenyan his background checks are likely to take longer than a UKC's, as it's another high fraud country, so it may not be as quick as others on the forum.

for you.
Old Feb 26th 2015, 4:04 pm
Forum Regular

P4rv1n is on a distinguished road

Hi, can I please be added to the spousal sponsor timeline too.

Spousal sponsor form completed.
Date application received in Missussaga 20th October 2014.
Date sponsor approved 12 January 2015. (states medicals also received but cannot see a date for that).
Processing office for part 2, London, UK.
No other requests made.
My location (person being sponsored) London, UK.
Principal applicant non visa exempt (?) not too sure my husband is a Canadian citizen by birth.

When I log onto the CIC website, it says
sponsorship application status 'decision made' and
PR application status 'application recieved'.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.