Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London

Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London

Old Feb 20th 2015, 4:37 am
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute
Default re: Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London & Inland

'Decision Made' can also be put on when they have received and reviewed your medical results and before your application has gone to a final 'decision made'.

That's what mine said, anyway.

Old Feb 20th 2015, 3:20 pm
Weegie in Calgary

cbrown89 has a reputation beyond reputecbrown89 has a reputation beyond reputecbrown89 has a reputation beyond reputecbrown89 has a reputation beyond reputecbrown89 has a reputation beyond reputecbrown89 has a reputation beyond reputecbrown89 has a reputation beyond reputecbrown89 has a reputation beyond reputecbrown89 has a reputation beyond reputecbrown89 has a reputation beyond reputecbrown89 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Siouxie
'Decision Made' can also be put on when they have received and reviewed your medical results and before your application has gone to a final 'decision made'.

That's what mine said, anyway.

How long did the two decisions made take
Old Feb 21st 2015, 1:52 am
Forum Regular

anindividual has a brilliant futureanindividual has a brilliant futureanindividual has a brilliant futureanindividual has a brilliant futureanindividual has a brilliant futureanindividual has a brilliant future

what is the difference between 'Decision Made' and 'Final Decision Made'
Old Feb 21st 2015, 1:19 pm
Concierge

SchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond repute

Honestly, Siouxie's post is the first that I've seen of two DMs... and her application was a few years ago as well. I wouldn't stress yoruself about it - since I started posting on here nearly 4 years ago, I've never seen that....
Old Feb 22nd 2015, 2:32 pm
Just Joined

kazana18 is an unknown quantity at this point

I would like to be added to the spreadsheet as well please!

-Date application received in Mississauga: October 20, 2014
-Whether you applied as Married or Common-Law: Married
-Date of sponsor approval: January 08, 2015
-Which office is processing Phase 2 of your application: London
-Date(s) of any other requests you've had: None
-Whether or not the principal applicant is non-visa exempt: ???
-Current location of the principal applicant: Scotland, UK
Old Feb 22nd 2015, 2:37 pm
BE Enthusiast

andrewbrit has a reputation beyond reputeandrewbrit has a reputation beyond reputeandrewbrit has a reputation beyond reputeandrewbrit has a reputation beyond reputeandrewbrit has a reputation beyond reputeandrewbrit has a reputation beyond reputeandrewbrit has a reputation beyond reputeandrewbrit has a reputation beyond reputeandrewbrit has a reputation beyond reputeandrewbrit has a reputation beyond reputeandrewbrit has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by kazana18
I would like to be added to the spreadsheet as well please!

-Date application received in Mississauga: October 20, 2014
-Whether you applied as Married or Common-Law: Married
-Date of sponsor approval: January 08, 2015
-Which office is processing Phase 2 of your application: London
-Date(s) of any other requests you've had: None
-Whether or not the principal applicant is non-visa exempt: ???
-Current location of the principal applicant: Scotland, UK
Added. It sounds like the applicant is a British citizen which means they are visa exempt. Being visa exempt means you do not need a visa to enter Canada.
Old Feb 22nd 2015, 2:44 pm
Just Joined

He is visa exempt then, thanks!
Old Feb 22nd 2015, 4:28 pm
Just Joined

Our application for Stage 1 sponsorship was approved on January-08-2015, and sent to the visa office in London for Stage 2.
Should we expect another AOR when our application is received at the LVO from the Mississauga CPC?

On the Client Application Status site, it says that our "application for PR status was received on October 20, 2014" but nothing about London.
We're very nervous about it getting lost in transit!
Old Feb 22nd 2015, 10:26 pm
Forum Regular

Patterson will become famous soon enough

I ended up sending a case specific enquiry about the photo request I recieved and how many should be blank/ stamped. I got an email response two days later that was super helpful and specific and appeared to be written by an actual person rather than automated which I was surprised at! Photos are now done and should arrive in London tomorroe before 1pm. Fingers crossed this is the last bump in the road for us!!!!
Old Feb 23rd 2015, 1:44 am
Forum Regular

anindividual has a brilliant futureanindividual has a brilliant futureanindividual has a brilliant futureanindividual has a brilliant futureanindividual has a brilliant futureanindividual has a brilliant future

This is a quoate from one of the FAQ on Canadavisa.com which to me looks different than what is being said on this forum. Any thoughts?

- What if I see Decision Made on my applicant spouse's ECAS before he/she was requested for Passport (PPR) ?
If this happens for your PR application ECAS (NOT Sponsorship eligibility application status on ECAS) usually at the end of your case processing of your file over a year after being transferred to Islamabad then sorry to say but that could mean that your application was refused.
Old Feb 23rd 2015, 4:21 am
Weegie in Calgary

cbrown89 has a reputation beyond reputecbrown89 has a reputation beyond reputecbrown89 has a reputation beyond reputecbrown89 has a reputation beyond reputecbrown89 has a reputation beyond reputecbrown89 has a reputation beyond reputecbrown89 has a reputation beyond reputecbrown89 has a reputation beyond reputecbrown89 has a reputation beyond reputecbrown89 has a reputation beyond reputecbrown89 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by anindividual
This is a quoate from one of the FAQ on Canadavisa.com which to me looks different than what is being said on this forum. Any thoughts?

- What if I see Decision Made on my applicant spouse's ECAS before he/she was requested for Passport (PPR) ?
If this happens for your PR application ECAS (NOT Sponsorship eligibility application status on ECAS) usually at the end of your case processing of your file over a year after being transferred to Islamabad then sorry to say but that could mean that your application was refused.
Can you send a link? I searched using google and only found stuff for Islamabad applicants in 2012 on the canadavisa forum and a google.site website again for islamabad applicants.

This was from SchnookoLoly so I am happy with this.... at least it will let me sleep tonight.
'I can't speak for PNP at all... I know with family class, unless there has been a myriad of communication and requests and such, then it's usually a good decision... but as colchar said, no one really knows until they hear from CIC. Fingers crossed you hear soon!'

Last edited by cbrown89; Feb 23rd 2015 at 4:40 am.
Old Feb 23rd 2015, 1:22 pm
Concierge

SchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by cbrown89
Can you send a link? I searched using google and only found stuff for Islamabad applicants in 2012 on the canadavisa forum and a google.site website again for islamabad applicants.

This was from SchnookoLoly so I am happy with this.... at least it will let me sleep tonight.
'I can't speak for PNP at all... I know with family class, unless there has been a myriad of communication and requests and such, then it's usually a good decision... but as colchar said, no one really knows until they hear from CIC. Fingers crossed you hear soon!'
In the vast majority of cases on here with family class, "Decision Made" will be positive. As I have posted before, generally speaking - emphasis on GENERALLY - if there is a rejection, it comes after oodles of requests for extra info - additional proof of relationship, of residency, of whatever CIC wants. Alternatively, a DM that is a rejection may come exceptionally quickly if it's determined that either the sponsor is ineligible to be a sponsor (on welfare, not yet completed a previous undertaking, is a PR living abroad, etc), or if the applicant is inadmissible to Canada (not a member of family class, criminal background, not legally divorced from first wife before marrying a Canadian, etc). If none of these "questionable" circumstances apply to you,a nd you have not had oodles of requests for info from CIC, then in the MAJORITY of cases, DM will be positive. However, no one on here can say 100% until either COPR or a rejection letter arrives in the post, but playing on odds and what you know about your own case file, you can probably make an educated guess.

One example I remember from maybe a year or so ago was a poster who applied to sponsor her common-law partner. We'll call her Kate (not her real name, just for simplicity of posting). Kate was a PR who landed a few years ago with her family through one of the working visa streams. At the time that Kate's family applied, Kate had only been living with Darren (fake name again) for a few months. However, when Kate landed, she had been living with Darren for over a year, meaning that Darren was her common-law partner. When Kate landed, she'd been asked if she had had any change in her personal circumstances. She answered "no", and ticked in the box that she was still single. She completed her landing then. She then applied to sponsor Darren as her common-law partner, and found her application refused. It was refused because she had failed to declare Darren has her common-law partner when she landed as a PR. The consequence of failing to declare him when she landed made him ineligible for future sponsorship at any time in the future. The rejection came shortly after they filed their application, as it was determined quite quickly that Darren was NOT considered a member of the family class, as he had not been declared on Kate's original landing as a PR herself.

Hope that helps!
Old Feb 23rd 2015, 2:00 pm
Weegie in Calgary

Yuppers
Old Feb 23rd 2015, 2:20 pm
BE addict

Princesstigger has a reputation beyond reputePrincesstigger has a reputation beyond reputePrincesstigger has a reputation beyond reputePrincesstigger has a reputation beyond reputePrincesstigger has a reputation beyond reputePrincesstigger has a reputation beyond reputePrincesstigger has a reputation beyond reputePrincesstigger has a reputation beyond reputePrincesstigger has a reputation beyond reputePrincesstigger has a reputation beyond reputePrincesstigger has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Patterson
I ended up sending a case specific enquiry about the photo request I recieved and how many should be blank/ stamped. I got an email response two days later that was super helpful and specific and appeared to be written by an actual person rather than automated which I was surprised at! Photos are now done and should arrive in London tomorroe before 1pm. Fingers crossed this is the last bump in the road for us!!!!
If you don't mind sharing, what was the response you got in terms of how many photos they wanted left blank on the back etc..
Old Feb 23rd 2015, 2:50 pm
Forum Regular

Patterson will become famous soon enough

The email repeated the links they'd already sent but then said that so long as they received one blank photo, the other three could have the photographers/my information on the back I was quite impressed at the speed of the reaponse and the friendly manner of it- I was expecting nothing or an automated generic response.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.