Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London

Wikiposts

Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London

Old Jul 22nd 2014, 10:12 pm
Just Joined

sambailie is an unknown quantity at this point
Default re: Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London & Inland

I am moving to Canada on 19th August with my husband who I am sponsoring (entering as a visitor under dual intent) and our son who is 2 1/2. I have applied for proof of citizenship for my son but have not heard anything yet. I have a printed copy of the application form and the receipt of payment for the application. Other than this and his birth certificate is there anything else I will need for my son? Will he be considered a visitor? Does anyone know if this will affect his waiting period for OHIP in Ontario?
Old Jul 22nd 2014, 10:16 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Former Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sambailie
I am moving to Canada on 19th August with my husband who I am sponsoring (entering as a visitor under dual intent) and our son who is 2 1/2. I have applied for proof of citizenship for my son but have not heard anything yet. I have a printed copy of the application form and the receipt of payment for the application. Other than this and his birth certificate is there anything else I will need for my son? Will he be considered a visitor? Does anyone know if this will affect his waiting period for OHIP in Ontario?
If he is a Canadian citizen then he is a citizen not a visitor.

Eligibility
Ontario residents are eligible for provincially funded health coverage (OHIP). Generally, to be eligible for Ontario health coverage you must :

be a Canadian citizen, permanent resident or among one of the newcomer to Canada groups who are eligible for OHIP as set out in Ontario’s Health Insurance Act ; and
be physically present in Ontario for 153 days in any 12-month period; and
be physically present in Ontario for at least 153 days of the first 183 days immediately after establishing residency in the province; and
make your primary place of residence in Ontario.
OHIP coverage normally becomes effective three months after the date you establish residency in Ontario. The ministry strongly encourages new and returning residents to purchase private health insurance in case you become ill during the OHIP waiting period.
Old Jul 23rd 2014, 12:22 am
Concierge

SchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by AtlanticMoose
So it appears CIC managed to lose my marriage certificate that was sent with my application!

Recieved a request for documents from CIC and called them and was informed that there was no record anywhere of it which is weird...

Sent another copy just wondering will the CPC inform us of receipt and that all is in order?

Also I noticed that my application changed to In process yay!
They may or may not respond that they've received the new certificate - did you send it tracked/registered? Sometimes they respond and sometimes they don't. If you're In Process, though, you hopefully will hear within the next 2 months (average from In Process to Decision Made is more like 3-4 weeks - have a look at the dates on the spreadsheet).

Originally Posted by sambailie
FL has given you great information, so you should be set there. If you need some suggestions for temporary insurance, a quick forum search will give you tons of options. The most common seems to be CanadaSure.
Old Jul 23rd 2014, 12:51 am
Forum Regular

AtlanticMoose is an unknown quantity at this point

Well that's a little bit more exciting if true
There does seem to be a lot of missing information from people recently though especially Feb for the in process bit so hopefully that doesn't mess up the formula too much.
Old Jul 23rd 2014, 12:58 am
Concierge

SchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by AtlanticMoose
Well that's a little bit more exciting if true
There does seem to be a lot of missing information from people recently though especially Feb for the in process bit so hopefully that doesn't mess up the formula too much.
Yeah, quite a few people recently have had problems with their applications, mostly missing forms and such. Those ones do tend to take longer, unsurprisingly. Not massively longer, but a bit.

Hopefully you aren't too far away now, though! (Though generally it would be ahead of schedule!)
Old Jul 23rd 2014, 9:24 am
BE Enthusiast

Divvym1 has a reputation beyond reputeDivvym1 has a reputation beyond reputeDivvym1 has a reputation beyond reputeDivvym1 has a reputation beyond reputeDivvym1 has a reputation beyond reputeDivvym1 has a reputation beyond reputeDivvym1 has a reputation beyond reputeDivvym1 has a reputation beyond reputeDivvym1 has a reputation beyond reputeDivvym1 has a reputation beyond reputeDivvym1 has a reputation beyond repute

Hey guy! I am just gathering all my documents and about to send off my application for common law PR. I am wanting to do an outland app even though i currently reside in CA.
Anyway silly question do i send off part 1 Sponsorship evaluation to mississauga itself or do i send my Immigration forms along with it all together.
Also do i write telling them i want my case processed in London?
Thanks David
Old Jul 23rd 2014, 9:26 am
Concierge

Originally Posted by Divvym1
Hey guy! I am just gathering all my documents and about to send off my application for common law PR. I am wanting to do an outland app even though i currently reside in CA.
Anyway silly question do i send off part 1 Sponsorship evaluation to mississauga itself or do i send my Immigration forms along with it all together.
Also do i write telling them i want my case processed in London?
Thanks David
EVerything together... there's a question in the applicant's forms that asks which office you want to process your application. Make sure you have all the forms...
Old Jul 23rd 2014, 9:33 am
bsp
Just Joined

bsp is an unknown quantity at this point

my wife put all our application through in canada. I am waiting at present in Scotland.

I received an email firstly before any acknowledgement of our correspondence to send my passport to canada. It was notice to lodge within 30 days if not put forward they would make on a decision on my application with what they had.

Then a day later they advise my wifes sponsorship docs were granted and my docs were going to be sent probably to london.

I wonder if they will return my passport to london for me to pick and how much longer i will have to wait.
Old Jul 23rd 2014, 9:37 am
Concierge

Originally Posted by bsp
my wife put all our application through in canada. I am waiting at present in Scotland.

I received an email firstly before any acknowledgement of our correspondence to send my passport to canada. It was notice to lodge within 30 days if not put forward they would make on a decision on my application with what they had.

Then a day later they advise my wifes sponsorship docs were granted and my docs were going to be sent probably to london.

I wonder if they will return my passport to london for me to pick and how much longer i will have to wait.
This is ... odd. I haven't heard of anyone being asked to send their actual passport this early in the process. Later, yes, but not this early. What passport do you hold?

"Sent probably to London" - which office did you specify to process your app in your application?
Old Jul 23rd 2014, 9:46 am
bsp
Just Joined

yes this is what my immigration consultant said. usually they request your passport when they want to return this with your issued visa. We sent our application to Mississaug. The passport request was the first letter we received, even before an acknowledgement of our application. then we received the 30 days notice to send my passport whick is Uk as im from Scotland. Then my wifes application got processed in 1 day or acknowledgement of receiving this which was also strange.

i know previously the canadian authority would ask me to forward a return envelope so they could return when finished but they havent requested this in their notice. This is why im thinking they may return it to london.
Old Jul 23rd 2014, 9:52 am
Concierge

Originally Posted by bsp
yes this is what my immigration consultant said. usually they request your passport when they want to return this with your issued visa. We sent our application to Mississaug. The passport request was the first letter we received, even before an acknowledgement of our application. then we received the 30 days notice to send my passport whick is Uk as im from Scotland. Then my wifes application got processed in 1 day or acknowledgement of receiving this which was also strange.

i know previously the canadian authority would ask me to forward a return envelope so they could return when finished but they havent requested this in their notice. This is why im thinking they may return it to london.
Uh, no, this is not the process at all.

The application requests that you put a photocopy of the bio page of your passport with your application, that's it. They do not request your passport at all - and especially not if you are from a visa-exempt country. Seriously, I have no idea what you are talking about. Are you sure you applied family class? They don't staple anything in your passport either - they send you a form that you use to land and then they mail you a PR card. There's nothing of note in the passport itself.

I am so confused.
Old Jul 23rd 2014, 9:56 am
bsp
Just Joined

hi there

yes the notice advised to send my original passport. I had already provided copies earlier. i just looked over what they sent again and its ask for me to forward my original passport. I think maybe some has carried out the wrong request. well I will wait and see their response.
Old Jul 23rd 2014, 10:03 am
Concierge

I've responded on your other thread, so we'll leave the discussion there so that there aren't two threads going.
Old Jul 23rd 2014, 10:03 am
Just Joined

Victoriabound is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello,
I received an email this evening advising that
'Your file has been transferred to the Case Processing Centre in Ottawa for further review'
I'm a little confused as I thought that as my sponsor had been approved my application would have been passed to London?
We have also been asked for - Stat Dec of Common-Law IMM5409, (I assume we must have missed this? But again I thought in order to approve my sponsor all documentation had been confirmed as present) Some clarification of travel dates, it looks as though I will need a police certificate for Australia (I was there for a working holiday 10 years ago…). They have also asked for proof of my SPRs residency in Canada including proof of professional body registration and evidence of having applied for jobs. She is currently resident in the UK with me, registration and job applications would be pointless until we actually have a moving date - this was all explained in a letter with our application?
I'm freaking out!
Old Jul 23rd 2014, 10:11 am
Concierge

Originally Posted by Victoriabound
Hello,
I received an email this evening advising that
'Your file has been transferred to the Case Processing Centre in Ottawa for further review'
I'm a little confused as I thought that as my sponsor had been approved my application would have been passed to London?
Do you have sponsor approval yet? If not they may have just transferred it to Ottawa for Stage 1 processing - this happened with my application back in 2012. (They didn't inform me it had been transferred, but when I got the email with sponsor approval it came from CPP-Ottawa.)

We have also been asked for - Stat Dec of Common-Law IMM5409, (I assume we must have missed this? But again I thought in order to approve my sponsor all documentation had been confirmed as present) Some clarification of travel dates, it looks as though I will need a police certificate for Australia (I was there for a working holiday 10 years ago…). They have also asked for proof of my SPRs residency in Canada including proof of professional body registration and evidence of having applied for jobs. She is currently resident in the UK with me, registration and job applications would be pointless until we actually have a moving date - this was all explained in a letter with our application?
I'm freaking out!
IMM5409 isn't required if it's just a Canadian sponsoring their partner, it's only required if two people are co-sponsoring a third person. Is it just the two of you on the application?

You will need a police check for Australia if you lived there for over 6 months. Doesn't matter if it was 10 years ago. If you were there for over 6 months then you need a police check.

Proof of moving back to Canada - I think all you can do there is write another letter explaining your plans, and provide some other proof of your plans for when you move. DO you have family you will be staying with? Have you researched places to live? Where might you work? Are you going to rent or buy? All you can really do is just a best effort for proof of your intention to return to Canada.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.