Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London

Wikiposts

Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London

Old Oct 10th 2014, 2:55 pm
Concierge

SchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond repute
Default re: Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London & Inland

Originally Posted by psynergy
OK, so this is starting to worry me.

Quick recap: Had zero written contact from anyone since we submitted. I've had to chase information down from CIC from day 1, despite our contact details being correct. ECAS says decision made on my permanent residence application, but CIC won't even discuss if the thing has been sent to London or not. Called so many times that I'm convinced there's a not on my Client ID saying I'm trouble.

With this new information, I'm really worried that our application is FINISHED, and they've tried (or failed) to send us the email asking for updated deets, photos etc.

I'm really starting to lose it. We're going to call on Tuesday (with my girlfriend doing the talking after I use my CID to get past the robot) to see if we can make any progress.

Any advice on the right questions to ask? When did this London deal come to light? How would I find out what office our application has been sent to?
Two suggestions. One, get your MP involved and have them inquire on your behalf. MPs are usually better at getting answers. Two, order your GCMS notes. You should have them within 30 days. That will give you a clear indication of whether or not SA is through for sure and I believe will have the detail of which office has your application.

Between the two routes, things should start picking up. You can also email again and say 'I have contacted my MP and ordered my GCMS notes in hope of working out what is happening since I don't seem to be getting any answers on this end.' Or something less harsh.

Good luck and keep us updated!
Old Oct 10th 2014, 6:26 pm
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by psynergy
OK, so this is starting to worry me.

Quick recap: Had zero written contact from anyone since we submitted. I've had to chase information down from CIC from day 1, despite our contact details being correct. ECAS says decision made on my permanent residence application, but CIC won't even discuss if the thing has been sent to London or not. Called so many times that I'm convinced there's a not on my Client ID saying I'm trouble.

With this new information, I'm really worried that our application is FINISHED, and they've tried (or failed) to send us the email asking for updated deets, photos etc.

I'm really starting to lose it. We're going to call on Tuesday (with my girlfriend doing the talking after I use my CID to get past the robot) to see if we can make any progress.

Any advice on the right questions to ask? When did this London deal come to light? How would I find out what office our application has been sent to?
Send a case specific enquiry to Mississauga.

[email protected]

After you apply: get next steps – Sponsor your spouse, partner or children

The call centre should be called the misinformation line. They can (and do) have contact with the London office and 'should' be able to tell you where your application is and what the status is.

If they tell you your application is in Ottawa then send a case specific enquiry there.
[email protected]

If it's London then: https://dmp-portal.cic.gc.ca/enquiri...mission=london

Tell them that ECAS states 'decision made' and you would like to know when you will receive written confirmation of the decision as to date you have been told nothing. Double check that they have your correct current residential address and that correspondence has not been sent to the wrong one.

It has only been a few weeks since you spoke with them - there is no need to panic yet.

Last edited by Siouxie; Oct 10th 2014 at 6:31 pm.
Old Oct 11th 2014, 2:09 am
Forum Regular

AtlanticMoose is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile re: Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London & Inland

Sorry to be a pain again but I have another question

On the ppr it says to photocopy the personal info/photo page but underneath it mentions you must have two blank pages, do you have to send photocopies of the stamp pages too so they know you have this? Confusing me a bit!

Photos cost me a arm and a leg ($26) but finished in 10 mins!
Old Oct 11th 2014, 2:16 am

Jim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by anindividual
my understanding of the process is that security checks are started only once the applicant is admissible otherwise. The processing is shrouded in multilayers uncertainties.
The only real mystery is just when they update eCas. The process is pretty straightforward otherwise. Some applicants will require extensive background checks. Summer vacations, postings, and large numbers of student and visitor applications usually slow things in July and August, with a smaller slowdown at year end for those same reasons.
Old Oct 11th 2014, 2:20 am
Just Joined

Simon86 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by AtlanticMoose
Sorry to be a pain again but I have another question

On the ppr it says to photocopy the personal info/photo page but underneath it mentions you must have two blank pages, do you have to send photocopies of the stamp pages too so they know you have this? Confusing me a bit!

Photos cost me a arm and a leg ($26) but finished in 10 mins!
I sent only copies of the photo/bio pages, and got my COPR fine. Other forum users say you need to photocopy the whole passport, but I decided to just follow the instructions in the letter - which only asks for a photocopy of the photo/bio page; no other pages.
Old Oct 11th 2014, 2:23 am
Forum Regular

Fantastic that's what I was planning to do - in that case I'm all good to send the docs off after thanksgiving! Can I ask you how long after sending them it took for your COPR to arrive ?
Old Oct 11th 2014, 2:28 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by AtlanticMoose
Fantastic that's what I was planning to do - in that case I'm all good to send the docs off after thanksgiving! Can I ask you how long after sending them it took for your COPR to arrive ?
I UPS'ed it from Toronto to London. I received the COPR (4 days ago) exactly 5 weeks after UPS delivered the photos in London.
Old Oct 11th 2014, 5:03 am
Forum Regular

Cut_Chemist is an unknown quantity at this point

Quick question: I'm getting married in Canada on Oct 25th - am I understanding correctly that I need to wait 6-8 weeks before applying for the marriage certificate, and then only once I have the marriage certificate, I can send off my application?

Or is it worth sending documents off + proof of marriage before I get the marriage certificate, then sending the marriage certificate separately once received?
Old Oct 11th 2014, 5:46 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Cut_Chemist
Quick question: I'm getting married in Canada on Oct 25th - am I understanding correctly that I need to wait 6-8 weeks before applying for the marriage certificate, and then only once I have the marriage certificate, I can send off my application?

Or is it worth sending documents off + proof of marriage before I get the marriage certificate, then sending the marriage certificate separately once received?
I'd personally wait for the certificate, but others on here may disagree with me. Your application may get rejected and returned to you, if you don't include the exact documents required in the application checklist. Also complicated applications tend to take longer to process - so the more simple and straight forward you can make it for the immigration officer, the sooner your application will be processed.
Old Oct 11th 2014, 5:47 am
Forum Regular

anindividual has a brilliant futureanindividual has a brilliant futureanindividual has a brilliant futureanindividual has a brilliant futureanindividual has a brilliant futureanindividual has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Jim Humphries
The only real mystery is just when they update eCas. The process is pretty straightforward otherwise. Some applicants will require extensive background checks. Summer vacations, postings, and large numbers of student and visitor applications usually slow things in July and August, with a smaller slowdown at year end for those same reasons.
Thanks. Does the background checks starts before the file is taken for processing?
Old Oct 11th 2014, 7:48 am

Jim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by anindividual
Thanks. Does the background checks starts before the file is taken for processing?
Background checks will begin once the Sponsorship is approved and the PR application is received at the visa issuing office.
Old Oct 11th 2014, 9:32 am
Forum Regular

Ashpo has a reputation beyond reputeAshpo has a reputation beyond reputeAshpo has a reputation beyond reputeAshpo has a reputation beyond reputeAshpo has a reputation beyond reputeAshpo has a reputation beyond reputeAshpo has a reputation beyond reputeAshpo has a reputation beyond reputeAshpo has a reputation beyond reputeAshpo has a reputation beyond reputeAshpo has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Cut_Chemist

Service Ontario mentions that you should wait the 6-8 weeks before applying, but I applied for our certificate right away (the week after our wedding), and had it about a week later - I know others on other forums have also had the same experience. They register marriages very quickly after the paperwork is received. Not sure why the wait times are listed there.
Old Oct 11th 2014, 10:24 am
Forum Regular

Cut_Chemist is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Ashpo
Service Ontario mentions that you should wait the 6-8 weeks before applying, but I applied for our certificate right away (the week after our wedding), and had it about a week later - I know others on other forums have also had the same experience. They register marriages very quickly after the paperwork is received. Not sure why the wait times are listed there.
Thanks very much for the response - we plan on applying for the certificate pretty soon after the wedding - I was also a little confused by the 6-8 week mention.. Thanks!
Old Oct 13th 2014, 5:30 pm
Forum Regular

Exclamation re: Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London & Inland

So the package is ready to mail to the CPC in Ottawa but I wanted to check with you guys on some contradictive language on the ppr letter.

So everywhere in the letter it specifically says to send photocopies of my passport yet In the instructions for sending to ottawa if you are in canada for more than three months it says place your passport in the evelope !?

I'm assuming they mean passport copy but the language confuses/worries me
Old Oct 14th 2014, 5:22 am
Weegie in Calgary

cbrown89 has a reputation beyond reputecbrown89 has a reputation beyond reputecbrown89 has a reputation beyond reputecbrown89 has a reputation beyond reputecbrown89 has a reputation beyond reputecbrown89 has a reputation beyond reputecbrown89 has a reputation beyond reputecbrown89 has a reputation beyond reputecbrown89 has a reputation beyond reputecbrown89 has a reputation beyond reputecbrown89 has a reputation beyond repute

Need added to the spreadsheet please.

Application arrived this morning in Mississauga, 'Application to Sponsor a Member of the Family Class.' outside of Canada through the common law route.

Thanks

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.