Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London

Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London

Old Oct 14th 2014, 5:55 pm
Concierge

SchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond repute
Default re: Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London & Inland

Done.
Old Oct 14th 2014, 9:50 pm
bsp
Just Joined

bsp is an unknown quantity at this point

I received my approval last wednesday and just sent the further document down to london so my visa is issued!!!! we only sent our docs in the Middle of May this year so it has been a quick turnaround
Old Oct 14th 2014, 9:54 pm
Concierge

SchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bsp
I received my approval last wednesday and just sent the further document down to london so my visa is issued!!!! we only sent our docs in the Middle of May this year so it has been a quick turnaround
That's awesome! I don't see you on the spreadsheet - could have sworn I added you... woud you mind sending your info?

-Date application received in Mississauga
-Whether you applied as Married or Common-Law
-Date of sponsor approval
-Which office is processing Phase 2 of your application (will say on your sponsor approval letter/email)
-Date(s) of any other requests you've had
-Whether or not the principal applicant is non-visa exempt
-Current location of the principal applicant- closest major city is fine if you don't want to be too specific!
Old Oct 14th 2014, 9:58 pm
bsp
Just Joined

cool do you want me to PM you the info?
Old Oct 14th 2014, 10:01 pm
Concierge

Originally Posted by bsp
cool do you want me to PM you the info?
Either post it or PM it, whatever. Most just post.
Old Oct 14th 2014, 10:08 pm
bsp
Just Joined

Date sent 25th May 2014
Married

dated received 23rd July 2014
dated sponsor approved also on 23rd July 2014
London was dealing with my part phase 2
just one weird request at stage one where they asked for my passport again without acknowledging our forms
im in Uk so I dont know what visa exempt is - sorry
Im based in Glasgow at present although heading to Calgary very shortly!!!!
Old Oct 14th 2014, 10:20 pm
Concierge

OK have a look at your line, do I Have it all right? I thought you said you had another passport request more recently? Anyway, your line is there!
Old Oct 14th 2014, 10:27 pm
bsp
Just Joined

yeah thats all good mate. yeah the passport request was back at the end of July but im sure I asked about on here a bit later. It was a bit of a strange request and I got some info on it from someone on here. My passport was running out in July so I guess they were just double checking I had renewed it. the CIC actually just advised they didnt need it but took copies anyway so it may well have just been an admin error
Old Oct 14th 2014, 10:32 pm
Concierge

Originally Posted by bsp
yeah thats all good mate. yeah the passport request was back at the end of July but im sure I asked about on here a bit later. It was a bit of a strange request and I got some info on it from someone on here. My passport was running out in July so I guess they were just double checking I had renewed it. the CIC actually just advised they didnt need it but took copies anyway so it may well have just been an admin error
Ah yeah, they would be asking for it if it was expiring. Just sit tight!
Old Oct 15th 2014, 7:54 am
Forum Regular

Andie8 is a jewel in the roughAndie8 is a jewel in the roughAndie8 is a jewel in the roughAndie8 is a jewel in the roughAndie8 is a jewel in the rough

Hello All! I sent my application to Mississauga on 22 September per the spreadsheet and it was signed for on 1 October. I've not had an acknowledgement. Is this standard? Something I must have read at some point made me think I'd receive an email.
Old Oct 15th 2014, 10:34 am
BE Enthusiast

Divvym1 has a reputation beyond reputeDivvym1 has a reputation beyond reputeDivvym1 has a reputation beyond reputeDivvym1 has a reputation beyond reputeDivvym1 has a reputation beyond reputeDivvym1 has a reputation beyond reputeDivvym1 has a reputation beyond reputeDivvym1 has a reputation beyond reputeDivvym1 has a reputation beyond reputeDivvym1 has a reputation beyond reputeDivvym1 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Andie8
Hello All! I sent my application to Mississauga on 22 September per the spreadsheet and it was signed for on 1 October. I've not had an acknowledgement. Is this standard? Something I must have read at some point made me think I'd receive an email.
This is standard you want get an email till SA, which is around two months from app being received. Have a closer look at the spreadsheet it's all there.
Mines arrived 29th Aug still no word but that's normal.
Old Oct 15th 2014, 12:36 pm
Concierge

Divvy is correct, you are unlikely to hear anything until SA. A few people awhile ago did receive an acknowledgement, but I haven't heard that in awhile, so don't expect to hear anything until you get your sponsor approval. Keeping an eye on the spreadsheet will help give you an idea of roughly when to expect it.
Old Oct 15th 2014, 2:59 pm
Forum Regular

AtlanticMoose is an unknown quantity at this point

Sent off the passport request docs yesterday it's on route now to Ottawa via xpresspost should be there tommorow

I noticed ECAS also changed to decision made now as well !
Old Oct 15th 2014, 6:06 pm
Forum Regular

pdlodge is an unknown quantity at this point

Hurry up mailman it's been 9 days!!
Old Oct 15th 2014, 7:28 pm
Forum Regular

psynergy is an unknown quantity at this point

So my partner called CIC.

She was told the same nonsense; that there was a simple paperwork mix up and that her AoS letter would be sent out in the next few days(which they've said to me for over a month) and that everything was fine with our application.

What we DID manage to glean this time round was that apparently our application had been sent on to mississauga. The guy didn't sent it had been sent to London.

With that in mind, and an email already sent to mississauga, with no response so far, I do feel my MP is the best option now.

The paranoid part of me feels like our application is complete, I've been approved, but a clerical error has stopped them sending the necessary paperwork. I just wish someone would be more forthcoming with information

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.