Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London

Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London

Old Apr 16th 2014, 5:55 am
Forum Regular

smithyutd is an unknown quantity at this point
Default re: Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London & Inland

When I log in to ECAS using my sponsor's details, it shows up that my application has been received and that medical results have been received. When I try to log in with my details (the applicant), I cannot log in and it tells me that this could be because my application has been received and is not yet in process.

My question is, when my application does go in process (and I understand that I am very early for that to happen), will it update under my sponsor's details or will I then be able to log in with my details, or both?
Old Apr 16th 2014, 5:58 am
BE Enthusiast

burks has a reputation beyond reputeburks has a reputation beyond reputeburks has a reputation beyond reputeburks has a reputation beyond reputeburks has a reputation beyond reputeburks has a reputation beyond reputeburks has a reputation beyond reputeburks has a reputation beyond reputeburks has a reputation beyond reputeburks has a reputation beyond reputeburks has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by smithyutd
When I log in to ECAS using my sponsor's details, it shows up that my application has been received and that medical results have been received. When I try to log in with my details (the applicant), I cannot log in and it tells me that this could be because my application has been received and is not yet in process.

My question is, when my application does go in process (and I understand that I am very early for that to happen), will it update under my sponsor's details or will I then be able to log in with my details, or both?
You should be able to log in with yours now. Have you tried putting England instead of UK for your place of birth? (Or wherever you were born!)
Old Apr 16th 2014, 5:59 am
Forum Regular

Stewart84 has a reputation beyond reputeStewart84 has a reputation beyond reputeStewart84 has a reputation beyond reputeStewart84 has a reputation beyond reputeStewart84 has a reputation beyond reputeStewart84 has a reputation beyond reputeStewart84 has a reputation beyond reputeStewart84 has a reputation beyond reputeStewart84 has a reputation beyond reputeStewart84 has a reputation beyond reputeStewart84 has a reputation beyond repute

hmm coming up on 30 days and still not even a receipt, is there anything I can do to chase it up?
Old Apr 16th 2014, 6:00 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by burks
You should be able to log in with yours now. Have you tried putting England instead of UK for your place of birth? (Or wherever you were born!)
I have tried both England and United Kingdom and I get the same message:

We were not able to identify you using the information you provided. There could be three possible reasons:

Please be sure the information you entered is correct and then try again.
This service is only available to clients with applications in process. We may have received your application but not begun processing it yet. The following link may help you determine if your application is being processed:
Application Processing Times
At this time, you may use this on-line service if you have:
sponsored a member of the family class;
applied for permanent residence from within or outside Canada;
applied for a permanent resident card (replacement or renewal);
applied for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship);
applied for Canadian citizenship for a person adopted by a Canadian citizen (on or after January 1, 1947);
applied for a citizenship certificate (proof of Canadian citizenship);
applied to renounce Canadian citizenship; or
applied to resume Canadian citizenship.
Old Apr 16th 2014, 6:08 am
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute

I have tried both England and United Kingdom and I get the same message:
But you said in an earlier post that your status said

Can anybody enlighten me as to what order things happen on ECAS? So, for example, my PR application is currently on 'Application Received' and then when I click on it I have 1) the date the application was received and 2) Medical results have been received. What should happen next?
Was this using your log in or your sponsors?

It could be a glitch - try leaving it a couple of days and try again - but you will definitely need to put the country of birth and not UK.

Have you put in your UCID / b number or receipt?

Old Apr 16th 2014, 6:23 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Siouxie
But you said in an earlier post that your status said

Was this using your log in or your sponsors?

It could be a glitch - try leaving it a couple of days and try again - but you will definitely need to put the country of birth and not UK.

Have you put in your UCID / b number or receipt?

That was using my sponsor's log in. I tried logging in with my details for the first time yesterday and got this message. The only number I have used is the UCI which came on the confirmation of sponsorship.
Old Apr 16th 2014, 8:28 am
Forum Regular

nicolasta is an unknown quantity at this point

That was using my sponsor's log in. I tried logging in with my details for the first time yesterday and got this message. The only number I have used is the UCI which came on the confirmation of sponsorship.
smithyutd - I had the same problem initially, and the following worked for me:

In order to check Sponsor information I need to use the Client ID Number/UCI option in the drop down (and enter my husband's info)

However, when checking the person being sponsored (me!) I use the Immigration File Number/Application Number (using my info) and my details come up.

UCI and Application Number are shown at the top of the correspondence confirming sponsorship approval. Hope this helps you.
Old Apr 16th 2014, 10:07 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by nicolasta
smithyutd - I had the same problem initially, and the following worked for me:

In order to check Sponsor information I need to use the Client ID Number/UCI option in the drop down (and enter my husband's info)

However, when checking the person being sponsored (me!) I use the Immigration File Number/Application Number (using my info) and my details come up.

UCI and Application Number are shown at the top of the correspondence confirming sponsorship approval. Hope this helps you.
That worked, thanks very much!
Old Apr 16th 2014, 11:33 am
Concierge

SchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond repute

Alrighty, lots of updates this morning!! How exciting. Doing them all in one post so I don't then flood the thread! :P

Originally Posted by boysull
Hi all. Can you add us to the spreadsheet? Married, wife Canadian born and bred, 2 year old son is Canadian Citizen, I'm Irish, Republic of.
Application received by Missisauga 2014/02/03. Wife received email with sponsor approval 2014/02/27. ECAS says medical results received which they should be seeing as I completed my medical in London (Ontario), end of October, 2013.
Thanks to everyone on here. Reading your posts helped us navigate the madness of having to prove our existence!
Added you! Nice quick sponsor approval! Nice to see. You should have plenty of time to get approved before your medicals expire. Glad you found the forum helpful - always nice to know it's useful info, and thanks for sending your information for the spreadsheet, which is a great way to pay it forward!

Originally Posted by jennellapea
I have some good news, not my PR but I got a message today to say I can stay in Canada beyond the expiry of my IEC. I got the full time that I asked for (just over 8 months as I am going back home for Christmas). Hopefully I won't need the full length but that's a weight lifted off of my shoulders for sure. Only took 9 days to process too.
Yay that's awesome! As you say hopefully you won't need it until Christmas, but at least you know you have a bit of leeway there! Good to have the stress off your chest. Hopefully you aren't too much longer now!

I checked my ECAS this morning and it still said In Process..

But for some reason I decided to check it tonight.. and DECISION MADE!!!

Not going to be able to sleep now haha. Just need to wait for that magical you got mail slip in the post box now!

Went In Process on April 11th for the spreadsheet.

I guess they mean it when they say they usually update ECAS on Tuesdays!
Hehehe funny you had that sort of sixth sense about it! Updated you and made you GREEN! Glad it's all done and dusted, now just to wait for your lovely COPR to arrive! Don't forget it has to be signed for.

Originally Posted by Stewart84
hmm coming up on 30 days and still not even a receipt, is there anything I can do to chase it up?
Not everyone gets a receipt, so don't stress about that part. If you look at the processing times on CIC's website - http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/informa...es/perm-fc.asp - they are currently working on applications received on 12 March, 2014; yours wasn't received until the 18th, so just sit tight. If the date changes to after the 18th and you still haven't heard, give it one more week, then on the 25th send a chaser.
Old Apr 16th 2014, 11:47 am
Forum Regular

Stewart84 has a reputation beyond reputeStewart84 has a reputation beyond reputeStewart84 has a reputation beyond reputeStewart84 has a reputation beyond reputeStewart84 has a reputation beyond reputeStewart84 has a reputation beyond reputeStewart84 has a reputation beyond reputeStewart84 has a reputation beyond reputeStewart84 has a reputation beyond reputeStewart84 has a reputation beyond reputeStewart84 has a reputation beyond repute

Cheers! I'm not the most patient at the best of times but Im told its a virtue
Old Apr 16th 2014, 11:48 am
Concierge

SchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Stewart84
Cheers! I'm not the most patient at the best of times but Im told its a virtue
If you're going to get through this process with even an ounce of sanity, it's a requirement!
Old Apr 16th 2014, 2:12 pm
BE Enthusiast

burks has a reputation beyond reputeburks has a reputation beyond reputeburks has a reputation beyond reputeburks has a reputation beyond reputeburks has a reputation beyond reputeburks has a reputation beyond reputeburks has a reputation beyond reputeburks has a reputation beyond reputeburks has a reputation beyond reputeburks has a reputation beyond reputeburks has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by SchnookoLoly
Hehehe funny you had that sort of sixth sense about it! Updated you and made you GREEN! Glad it's all done and dusted, now just to wait for your lovely COPR to arrive! Don't forget it has to be signed for.
Thanks! I have to admit, I do look good in green haha! Is COPR sent with Canada Post? I'm assuming that as I live in an apartment building I will have to go to the post office to sign for it. Then I'll be straight down to the border!
Old Apr 16th 2014, 2:23 pm
Concierge

Thanks! I have to admit, I do look good in green haha! Is COPR sent with Canada Post? I'm assuming that as I live in an apartment building I will have to go to the post office to sign for it. Then I'll be straight down to the border!
Would originally have been sent Royal Mail as it would have originated from London, but in any case, it needs to be signed for on receipt. Keep an eye out for your mailman, or for a delivery notice!
Old Apr 16th 2014, 3:29 pm
Just Joined

boysull is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks for adding me. Apart from benefiting everyone else in terms of info, it makes the 'silent months' while waiting easier to handle.
Old Apr 16th 2014, 3:33 pm
Concierge

Originally Posted by boysull
Thanks for adding me. Apart from benefiting everyone else in terms of info, it makes the 'silent months' while waiting easier to handle.
Haha yeah this thread is great for that, it's kind of the CIC holding pen. :P AT least you know you aren't alone in the process!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.