Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London

Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London

Old Apr 13th 2014, 10:14 am
Forum Regular

megarhandi is an unknown quantity at this point
Default re: Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London & Inland

missassauga
Old Apr 13th 2014, 2:04 pm

Jim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond repute

So it is now at a visa office overseas. There is a chart of processing times on the CIC's website that would tell you how long your application might take from January of this year. In london it is over 8 months and longer depending upon where the applicant has lived and his citizenship.
Old Apr 13th 2014, 3:02 pm
Just Joined

akki464 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello everyone
posting the same thing.
(File received 12 feb 2014 on status) but still there is no hope for approval. Don't know when CiC will send to london. Is anyone in the same situation ???
Old Apr 13th 2014, 3:42 pm
Just Joined

Queen_E is a glorious beacon of lightQueen_E is a glorious beacon of lightQueen_E is a glorious beacon of lightQueen_E is a glorious beacon of lightQueen_E is a glorious beacon of lightQueen_E is a glorious beacon of lightQueen_E is a glorious beacon of lightQueen_E is a glorious beacon of lightQueen_E is a glorious beacon of lightQueen_E is a glorious beacon of lightQueen_E is a glorious beacon of light

After two months of being in process and waiting for Hong Kong to send a police certificate to London, we finally got decision made today!

It says "A decision has been made on your application. The office will contact you concerning this decision."

I'm assuming that means it's a yes based on what others have said on this board, and now we wait for the COPR. I'll be completely relieved when we have it in hand of course, but still very happy it's nearly done! Thanks so much to everyone who directly and indirectly gave me advice on this board
Old Apr 13th 2014, 3:51 pm
Just Joined

Queen_E is a glorious beacon of lightQueen_E is a glorious beacon of lightQueen_E is a glorious beacon of lightQueen_E is a glorious beacon of lightQueen_E is a glorious beacon of lightQueen_E is a glorious beacon of lightQueen_E is a glorious beacon of lightQueen_E is a glorious beacon of lightQueen_E is a glorious beacon of lightQueen_E is a glorious beacon of lightQueen_E is a glorious beacon of light

By the way, we sent a case specific email last Monday to see if they got the Hong Kong police check as it was over the timeframe given to process it. They replied on Wednesday, saying that they received it and are waiting to look at it. And then decision made a few days later.

So far I found that every time I emailed them, it jumpstarted the next part of the process. For example, I asked them if they needed anything else from us in February, and they started processing immediately. I always did this after a reasonable amount of time has passed though, using the spreadsheet as a guide to see when it was roughly "our turn."
Old Apr 13th 2014, 4:58 pm
Concierge

SchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond repute

Alrighty - updates done for Queen_E, megarhandi, and Going Coastal.

akki464 - do you want to be added?

Congrats to everyone who's had movement - fantastic news! Looks like the SEptember applicants and the earlier outstanding ones are finally seeing movement! yay!!!
Old Apr 13th 2014, 6:23 pm
Just Joined

akki464 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by SchnookoLoly
Alrighty - updates done for Queen_E, megarhandi, and Going Coastal.

akki464 - do you want to be added?

Congrats to everyone who's had movement - fantastic news! Looks like the SEptember applicants and the earlier outstanding ones are finally seeing movement! yay!!!
Yes add me.
12/02/14
Married

And why is it too slow.
Old Apr 13th 2014, 6:33 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by akki464
Yes add me.
12/02/14
Married

And why is it too slow.
Is your wife Pakistani too? If so, my guess is that that would be the reason why - you can't really compare your case to most on BE so I'd not pay any attention to anybody else's timelines, as they're generally just UK citizens.

Unfortunately Pakistan is a high fraud country, so processing will usually take longer, even if via London, due to background checks etc.
Old Apr 13th 2014, 8:22 pm
Just Joined

RheBot is an unknown quantity at this point

Ecas = Decision made, decision made, decision made!!! Ahhh!!!!

They clearly must have read me bitching on here the other day!

I can assume that's usually good news? I hope?!?
Old Apr 13th 2014, 11:19 pm

Jim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond repute

Pretty safe assumption.
Old Apr 14th 2014, 12:46 am
BE Enthusiast

burks has a reputation beyond reputeburks has a reputation beyond reputeburks has a reputation beyond reputeburks has a reputation beyond reputeburks has a reputation beyond reputeburks has a reputation beyond reputeburks has a reputation beyond reputeburks has a reputation beyond reputeburks has a reputation beyond reputeburks has a reputation beyond reputeburks has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by RheBot

Congrats!
Old Apr 14th 2014, 1:17 am
Just Joined

RheBot is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by burks
Congrats!
Thank you!

It has been a long 9 months! So I can't wait for it all to be finished!!
Old Apr 14th 2014, 3:19 am
Forum Regular

ghunter has much to be proud ofghunter has much to be proud ofghunter has much to be proud ofghunter has much to be proud ofghunter has much to be proud ofghunter has much to be proud ofghunter has much to be proud ofghunter has much to be proud ofghunter has much to be proud ofghunter has much to be proud ofghunter has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by RheBot

Congratulations!! Spreadsheet updated
Old Apr 14th 2014, 4:21 am
Just Joined

boaly100 is an unknown quantity at this point

WOOHOO!!! Just seen on the forum that Going Coastal had gone into "in process" so decided to check my status and sure enough it has gone to in process as well. Happy Days!

Good Luck to all other guys waiting for movement on their applications.
Old Apr 14th 2014, 4:28 am
Chips & Gravy

jennellapea is a glorious beacon of lightjennellapea is a glorious beacon of lightjennellapea is a glorious beacon of lightjennellapea is a glorious beacon of lightjennellapea is a glorious beacon of lightjennellapea is a glorious beacon of lightjennellapea is a glorious beacon of lightjennellapea is a glorious beacon of lightjennellapea is a glorious beacon of lightjennellapea is a glorious beacon of lightjennellapea is a glorious beacon of light

If they're getting to October then I hope mine shows some signs of movement this week. I'm trying to not let it bother me as it's out of my hands but my work permit ends this week and whilst I've saved for a rainy day I hope it's not too long. This is the second time I've had a gap between status in Canada, the last time I had to wait almost 3 months for my second IEC.

So glad there's some movement in London again, I'm pleased for everyone who has seen some action this past week

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.