Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London

Wikiposts

Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London

Old Mar 27th 2014, 12:55 am
Forum Regular

Becki567 has a reputation beyond reputeBecki567 has a reputation beyond reputeBecki567 has a reputation beyond reputeBecki567 has a reputation beyond reputeBecki567 has a reputation beyond reputeBecki567 has a reputation beyond reputeBecki567 has a reputation beyond reputeBecki567 has a reputation beyond reputeBecki567 has a reputation beyond reputeBecki567 has a reputation beyond reputeBecki567 has a reputation beyond repute
Default re: Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London & Inland

Originally Posted by apt2208
Congrats!

Wonder what is holding mines up. I applied in September 2013
We appear to be in the same boat. Totally understand. 20 days and my husbands work permit expires.. Tic toc
Old Mar 27th 2014, 12:57 am
Forum Regular

apt2208 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Becki567
We appear to be in the same boat. Totally understand. 20 days and my husbands work permit expires.. Tic toc
I really don't understand how London VO are processing applications. All I want to do is be with my husband

it comes through for you before the work permit expires.
Old Mar 27th 2014, 1:03 am
Forum Regular

Becki567 has a reputation beyond reputeBecki567 has a reputation beyond reputeBecki567 has a reputation beyond reputeBecki567 has a reputation beyond reputeBecki567 has a reputation beyond reputeBecki567 has a reputation beyond reputeBecki567 has a reputation beyond reputeBecki567 has a reputation beyond reputeBecki567 has a reputation beyond reputeBecki567 has a reputation beyond reputeBecki567 has a reputation beyond repute

I really don't understand how London VO are processing applications. All I want to do is be with my husband

it comes through for you before the work permit expires.
Me either! I know ours is being held up by the third party background check. My husband has two clear police checks (UK and Canada), only ever had a speeding ticket. So we aren't sure why his is taking so long. We try and joke around that there must be one of his family members with a shady past that no one knows about. (MP said they can investigate family members and known associates sometimes too).

My other thought was because he was already in Canada even though we applied Outland maybe that delays things.

But at least I am with my husband. It would be unbearable to be away from him so I really feel for you.
Old Mar 27th 2014, 1:06 am
Concierge

SchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond repute

I was apart from my husband as well - there's no easy way to put it: it sucks. But, it hopefully will all be over soon. Looking at the spreadsheet there are still people before you guys who haven't received theirs yet, and only a handful after who have... so hopefully yours isn't far behind.

Becki - it's possible also that your husband shares a name and DOB with someone else with a criminal record, so sometimes there are more checks involved if there's overlap. Your husband may be asked at some point to provide fingerprints, don't be surprised if that happens!

Otherwise just sit tight, you're both now over the average time, so hopefully it's not too much longer!!
Old Mar 27th 2014, 1:16 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by SchnookoLoly
I was apart from my husband as well - there's no easy way to put it: it sucks. But, it hopefully will all be over soon. Looking at the spreadsheet there are still people before you guys who haven't received theirs yet, and only a handful after who have... so hopefully yours isn't far behind.

Becki - it's possible also that your husband shares a name and DOB with someone else with a criminal record, so sometimes there are more checks involved if there's overlap. Your husband may be asked at some point to provide fingerprints, don't be surprised if that happens!

Otherwise just sit tight, you're both now over the average time, so hopefully it's not too much longer!!
I never even thought of that! That makes more sense than any reason we could come up with. Thanks for that input.
Old Mar 27th 2014, 1:22 am
Concierge

SchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond repute

I never even thought of that! That makes more sense than any reason we could come up with. Thanks for that input.
No problem - markstimson had the same thing. You can see on his line that he had an RCMP check requested, and his application took 222 days to process (he applied 22 Feb 2013). It's possible your husband is in the same boat, and as you can see, it takes a bit longer. It's also possible as you said that they are doing some checks on family members and such. Granting PR is quite an important thing for Canada as the assumption is that you're then one step away from being a citizen, so they need to make sure they get it right. If they're doing more checks it just means some match has come up somewhere - and not necessarily that your husband is the one in the wrong. They just need to be sure. So sit tight!!
Old Mar 27th 2014, 2:03 am
Forum Regular

I guess I'm not feeling positive as VO said in their email on 13th March my application is waiting review by an officer. I take that to mean they haven't started any checks on my application - but I could be wrong.
Old Mar 27th 2014, 3:17 am
Forum Regular

I guess I'm not feeling positive as VO said in their email on 13th March my application is waiting review by an officer. I take that to mean they haven't started any checks on my application - but I could be wrong.
That is the typical response. It doesn't mean they have not done anything on your file. They usually send out the background checks right away, my husbands was sent out nov 5
Old Mar 27th 2014, 3:22 am
Forum Regular

That is the typical response. It doesn't mean they have not done anything on your file. They usually send out the background checks right away, my husbands was sent out nov 5
Thanks Becki, that makes me feel better
Old Mar 27th 2014, 3:23 am
BE Enthusiast

burks has a reputation beyond reputeburks has a reputation beyond reputeburks has a reputation beyond reputeburks has a reputation beyond reputeburks has a reputation beyond reputeburks has a reputation beyond reputeburks has a reputation beyond reputeburks has a reputation beyond reputeburks has a reputation beyond reputeburks has a reputation beyond reputeburks has a reputation beyond repute

I'm thinking that any day now there is going to be a rush of Sept. apps being In Process and DM. Didn't the same thing happen with the June 2013 apps? Noone heard anything for a while, applicants who applied after them were being processed a lot faster, and then they all seemed to come through together in January.

I hope this happens anyways, as then Oct. apps will be next! I am going absolutely mental not being able to work.
Old Mar 27th 2014, 3:25 am
Concierge

Originally Posted by burks
I'm thinking that any day now there is going to be a rush of Sept. apps being In Process and DM. Didn't the same thing happen with the June 2013 apps? Noone heard anything for a while, applicants who applied after them were being processed a lot faster, and then they all seemed to come through together in January.

I hope this happens anyways, as then Oct. apps will be next! I am going absolutely mental not being able to work.
Yep that's exactly what happened. The June apps for whatever reason almost seemed to stall, and then they all came through in a big flurry. With that one, though, there were way more people with later applications who had been approved, whereas that's not so much the case here... but it's hard to say.
Old Mar 27th 2014, 3:25 am
Forum Regular

Does your ECAS status still say Application received?
Old Mar 27th 2014, 3:28 am
Forum Regular

Yep that's exactly what happened. The June apps for whatever reason almost seemed to stall, and then they all came through in a big flurry. With that one, though, there were way more people with later applications who had been approved, whereas that's not so much the case here... but it's hard to say.
I guess the June apps were stalled due to Summer holidays perhaps? and now the Easter holidays will be coming along - so that will delays things no doubt.
Old Mar 27th 2014, 3:30 am
Concierge

I guess the June apps were stalled due to Summer holidays perhaps? and now the Easter holidays will be coming along - so that will delays things no doubt.
If you assume 6ish months as the average processing time, the June apps (and others) seemed to stall around Christmas - then you are getting into Christmas holidays, so fewer workers around, and then things generally are busy in January with IEC, FSW, and other visa routes opening up so there's a big influx of applications. Everything generally slows down in January for that reason.

Not sure why the September ones appear to be stalled, but things might be generally moving slower because of the re-opening of the Supervisa program, though really I'm just guessing.
Old Mar 27th 2014, 3:35 am
BE Enthusiast

burks has a reputation beyond reputeburks has a reputation beyond reputeburks has a reputation beyond reputeburks has a reputation beyond reputeburks has a reputation beyond reputeburks has a reputation beyond reputeburks has a reputation beyond reputeburks has a reputation beyond reputeburks has a reputation beyond reputeburks has a reputation beyond reputeburks has a reputation beyond repute

Easter is a 4 day weekend in UK right? So shouldn't really disrupt it. Let's just hope they're done before the summer haha!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.