Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London

Wikiposts

Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London

Old Jan 10th 2014, 9:40 pm
Forum Regular

kimmiebow is an unknown quantity at this point
Default re: Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London & Inland

hi guys, just thought id let you know i got my COPR in the post today
Old Jan 10th 2014, 9:41 pm
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by kimmiebow
Congrats!!

Old Jan 11th 2014, 7:11 am
Forum Regular

JohnDerry has a brilliant futureJohnDerry has a brilliant futureJohnDerry has a brilliant futureJohnDerry has a brilliant futureJohnDerry has a brilliant futureJohnDerry has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by kimmiebow

Wow, no 'Decision Made'?

Proof if it were needed as to the unreliability of ECAS.

Congratulations!
Old Jan 12th 2014, 1:38 am
Just Joined

tdavies is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by JohnDerry
Wow, no 'Decision Made'?

Proof if it were needed as to the unreliability of ECAS.

Congratulations!
In a way this makes me feel better about mine being stuck as "In Process". Obviously this doesn't actually mean anything.
Old Jan 12th 2014, 3:51 am
Concierge

SchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond repute

There's a reason we all keep saying that ECAS is unreliable.

THe way I see it... if ECAS has changed to reflect a particular status, then yes, you can count on the fact that that status has happened.

However, if ECAS has NOT changed, it does NOT mean that a particular status has not happened.

So basically, if it changes then yay, and if it has not, then just continue waiting and don't put too much stake in it.
Old Jan 12th 2014, 4:41 am
Forum Regular

kimmiebow is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by tdavies
In a way this makes me feel better about mine being stuck as "In Process". Obviously this doesn't actually mean anything.
yeah the ecas is terrible. it still says in progress now. as long as it changes to in process is a good sign to me haha.

so happy mine came threw. and really thankful for all the help i got off here
Old Jan 12th 2014, 4:55 am
Just Joined

Ginger34 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi everyone!

Just checked this morning and saw the status for my husband's PR application had been updated to Decision Made - not sure when exactly as I checked Friday evening and it was still In Process... not that it matters, we're taking this as a good sign!

I guess the next thing now is to wait for the paperwork to come in the post? I suppose it's wise to reserve all our excitement until we know it's 100% for real...
Old Jan 12th 2014, 6:19 am
Forum Regular

JohnDerry has a brilliant futureJohnDerry has a brilliant futureJohnDerry has a brilliant futureJohnDerry has a brilliant futureJohnDerry has a brilliant futureJohnDerry has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Ginger34
Hi everyone!

Just checked this morning and saw the status for my husband's PR application had been updated to Decision Made - not sure when exactly as I checked Friday evening and it was still In Process... not that it matters, we're taking this as a good sign!

I guess the next thing now is to wait for the paperwork to come in the post? I suppose it's wise to reserve all our excitement until we know it's 100% for real...

Congratulations!

You're wait is nearing its end, hopefully we'll all be joining you soon!
Old Jan 12th 2014, 6:28 am
Forum Regular

Orlaith is a glorious beacon of lightOrlaith is a glorious beacon of lightOrlaith is a glorious beacon of lightOrlaith is a glorious beacon of lightOrlaith is a glorious beacon of lightOrlaith is a glorious beacon of lightOrlaith is a glorious beacon of lightOrlaith is a glorious beacon of lightOrlaith is a glorious beacon of lightOrlaith is a glorious beacon of lightOrlaith is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by JohnDerry
Congratulations!

You're wait is nearing its end, hopefully we'll all be joining you soon!
Ginger! Me too. DM as of today. Fingers and toes crossed for everyone.
x
Old Jan 12th 2014, 7:12 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Orlaith
Ginger! Me too. DM as of today. Fingers and toes crossed for everyone.
x

Great stuff for you all.

The tide is turning for the Juners!
Old Jan 12th 2014, 8:04 pm
Just Joined

John_01 has much to be proud ofJohn_01 has much to be proud ofJohn_01 has much to be proud ofJohn_01 has much to be proud ofJohn_01 has much to be proud ofJohn_01 has much to be proud ofJohn_01 has much to be proud ofJohn_01 has much to be proud ofJohn_01 has much to be proud ofJohn_01 has much to be proud ofJohn_01 has much to be proud of

Update:

I checked ecas today, for the first time in a few weeks, it has now changed to "In Process". It says that they started processing my application on December 30th (though they requested documents before that so clearly they'd done something with it already). It also says my medical results have been received.
Old Jan 12th 2014, 11:14 pm
Forum Regular

phasee has a reputation beyond reputephasee has a reputation beyond reputephasee has a reputation beyond reputephasee has a reputation beyond reputephasee has a reputation beyond reputephasee has a reputation beyond reputephasee has a reputation beyond reputephasee has a reputation beyond reputephasee has a reputation beyond reputephasee has a reputation beyond reputephasee has a reputation beyond repute

I can't believe i'm posting this already. I received an e-mail this afternoon saying I am in the final stages of processing, need to send copies of my passport and 2 photos.

Am I to believe this is decision made? I am over the moon, if so.

My timeline: Application received 6th November and sponsor approval on 6th December
Old Jan 13th 2014, 12:31 am
Concierge

SchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond repute

All updates done - a flurry of activity across the board!! Congrats everyone!! Nice to see the applications from ~6 months ago finally moving!!

Originally Posted by phasee
I can't believe i'm posting this already. I received an e-mail this afternoon saying I am in the final stages of processing, need to send copies of my passport and 2 photos.

Am I to believe this is decision made? I am over the moon, if so.

My timeline: Application received 6th November and sponsor approval on 6th December
99% likely, yes. We had the same thing, PPR instead of straight to DM, but when I looked at our case notes, they requested the passport for dipshit reasons... we applied in 2012. In anticipation of this, my husband renewed his passport in 2011 (was due to expire Sept 2012). However, he'd done his police check before he renewed the passport. We included copies of both passports when we applied, but the officer wanted to see the renewed passport again. No idea why, but whatever. The notes said that COPR would be issued once they confirmed he had the renewed passport so they knew which date to put on it. Even though he'd already renewed it. Whatever.

So basically, yes, PPR pretty much equates with DM. (In MOST countries where you actually have to send your passport to get stamped instead of just receiving COPR in the post, they only request the passport if they are ready to issue COPR, so generally PPR is the same as DM - your wait for COPR might just be slightly longer as a result. In our case, PPR was in June, my husband sent the papers 4 weeks later, and COPR arrived another 4 weeks after that.)
Old Jan 13th 2014, 4:03 am
Forum Regular

phasee has a reputation beyond reputephasee has a reputation beyond reputephasee has a reputation beyond reputephasee has a reputation beyond reputephasee has a reputation beyond reputephasee has a reputation beyond reputephasee has a reputation beyond reputephasee has a reputation beyond reputephasee has a reputation beyond reputephasee has a reputation beyond reputephasee has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by SchnookoLoly
when I looked at our case notes, they requested the passport for dipshit reasons
How and when can you request case notes? I would be curious to see why PPR was requested.

I did include a copy of my old passport in my application, as it had all my entry stamps for Canada. I made a note on the photocopy that it was the old passport and had been reported lost.

I also noticed on ECAS that our address was not stated properly, so I updated that through e-mail with CIC. They got back to me within a day or so I believe.

I just wonder if it is something to do with either of these points.

So, hopefully it's good news from here on in. If it wasn't for this forum and all the advice given, I would not have been able to complete this application. My sincerest thanks. I am sorry to all those who are waiting and have been doing so longer than me, hoping it is swift from here on in for everyone.

PS. I'll be around to help. I am type 1 diabetic, so for anyone in the future with this medical condition or perhaps even type 2, I can give extra information about the process (non-medical advice of course).
Old Jan 13th 2014, 5:39 am
Concierge

Originally Posted by phasee
How and when can you request case notes? I would be curious to see why PPR was requested.
Use this form: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/pdf/kit...s/IMM5563E.pdf Costs $5, takes about a month. I was just curious, I had no particular reason to request them. $5 for research and interest's sake, really. :P

I did include a copy of my old passport in my application, as it had all my entry stamps for Canada. I made a note on the photocopy that it was the old passport and had been reported lost.

I also noticed on ECAS that our address was not stated properly, so I updated that through e-mail with CIC. They got back to me within a day or so I believe.

I just wonder if it is something to do with either of these points.
Could well be, but I doubt it's anything to worry yourself about.

So, hopefully it's good news from here on in. If it wasn't for this forum and all the advice given, I would not have been able to complete this application. My sincerest thanks. I am sorry to all those who are waiting and have been doing so longer than me, hoping it is swift from here on in for everyone.

PS. I'll be around to help. I am type 1 diabetic, so for anyone in the future with this medical condition or perhaps even type 2, I can give extra information about the process (non-medical advice of course).
Happy to help - this forum was really valuable for me when I was applying, so me sticking around is kind of paying it forward... plus I've discovered I actually have a bit of an interest in this stuff, so it's become a bit of a hobby!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.